Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lazydaisy1980

Check your privilege Caroline 🙈. You are in your pjs on the couch or in bed numerous days midweek, you can close your work laptop with no consequence to take your son to a pet farm , you had a childminder and a grandparent both helping you this week as well as your husband working from home and on hand to help . Your Mam came up a few weeks ago to help you and cooked valentines dinner for you and Barry . You jumped on a plane home to Mammy last week where she cooked for you , ran you baths while you sipped Prosecco and cried on her shoulder . Meanwhile the rest of the adult population are juggling full-time jobs , parenting , kids with additional needs , health issues , financial issues etc , many with no help .
Stop recording your gorgeous little boy and moaning about how hard he is to parent. Imagine the damage to his self esteem in later years if he came to know that his mother recorded his every move , including him taking a bath and told thousands of complete strangers on a daily basis how difficult he was and how much he affected her mental health .

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Hibernia

New thread title suggestion:
Look at me pout, I'm out and about, using my son for book deals clout 🫠

Reactions: 25

Dyingtoknow

Honestly I am all for the goss and bitching about influencers on this but the message that was sent to her husband was disgusting,the cheek of a random stranger taking it upon themselves to try warn her husband that she is not caring for their child appropriately. Anyone who has had kids and hasn’t got their heads up their own arses thinking they’re Mother Earth knows how difficult it is to cope with being a first time mother,and then add into the mix dealing with not having the usual family and friend supports due to covid. If anyone here has struggled with a new baby that has reflux/colic etc will know that it is heartbreaking to face everyday seeing your new baby so upset and helpless. All the woman was doing was being honest and real about her struggles as so many mothers feel the same- to try shame and belittle her as a mother is horrendous,it’s the type of thing. That could push a woman over the edge. It is hard enough when you judge yourself and question yourself as a mother but to have a stranger message your husband to say you’re basically in not caring for your child is quite honestly sickening. Whoever did that should be ashamed of themselves, I worry for HER kids that she would try hurt someone else like that, it was so cruel, especially sending it Christmas week, trying to spoil a family’s first Christmas with their baby boy.

Reactions: 19

Lazydaisy1980

I have a sister in law who had us all convinced that her son was the most difficult toddler ever . She constantly described everything Caroline is describing, the meltdowns at new places, couldn’t sit in the car without “Mama” holding his hand, the separation anxiety , the not napping , the not being able to take him anywhere because he would have a meltdown . None of us ever witnessed the nuclear meltdowns she described, we only had her word to go on . We all felt sorry for her with her constant tears and anxiety about how much she was struggling with having such a difficult toddler and everyone rallied around to help.
That “difficult” child is now a well adjusted teenager who turned out to have a narcissistic mother who constantly needed attention and focus on herself. Nobody was falling all over her once her little baby arrived because they were doting on him so she figured out that making him sound so difficult and so hard to parent was a way of getting the sympathy and constant attention she craved and had everyone falling over themselves to do stuff to help like shopping , cleaning , cooking etc . She had us doing everything apart from babysitting because that would have showed up that her stories of his extreme meltdowns were just perfectly normal toddler tantrums , which eventually did come to light .
I’m not saying this is the case here but it would make sense that she’s using her little boy to feed her own anxiety narrative and stay relevant . Her platform and all her work is built around having anxiety, she has nothing else .
I’m sorry if that sounds harsh but someone who is constantly constantly moaning about her beautiful little boy to thousands of strangers , who posts stories about needing her to sob uncontrollably in her mothers arms and who posts selfies of her tear streaked face is just an attention seeker . That little boy is completely dependent on his parents to protect him and keep him safe and yet here is his mother telling the worst stories about him to thousands of strangers and his father standing by and letting it happen . It’s so sad .

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

lampielooloo

I think it's her reply to someone but she hasn't shared what the lady initially sent her. I can't look at her stories anymore, she has no respect for that little boy. She is going to regret humiliating him under the guise of being "relatable" to strangers. Why is it that she needs other mothers to feel "validated" at the expense of her sons dignity and respect? She's an attention-seeking snowflake and I never use that word but she is the living embodiment of it. Awful, awful woman.
Hi. I'm the lady who messaged Caroline. It's fairly annoying that she provided no context, just her reply, so here's the interaction. My first message said something very like "I doubt he will appreciate these posts when he's older! It's hard not to notice that you often portray him in a negative light. Just my two cents ❤"
Screenshot_20220909-221616_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220909-221628_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220909-221635_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220909-221645_Instagram.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow

PastryPolly

Who in their right mind would take a picture of their tear stained face and post it on instagram for content? What a narcissist 🙄

What is her actual job? Does she work a 40 hour week plus commute? From what I can see, she has a pretty handy life, it can't be that hard to write the occasional fluff pieces for the Sindo and a podcast where she dispenses advice on anxiety despite not having any qualifications to do so.

She can drop everything midweek to fly to her mammy, and has plenty of time to run for facials and therapy sessions during the week, oh don't forget the childminder that comes to her house, she doesnt even have to drop him off.

She's a spoiled brat and I hope her mum gave her a kick up the hole and told her how lucky she is but somehow I doubt it.

Last edited:

gurlharbour

Chatty Member
It's not like she's qualified to be telling people about mental health etc anyway. I'm in favour of her throwing away her career

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Lazydaisy1980

Not content with shaming her son daily to 46k strangers , she’s now turned to passive aggressively shaming her husband because he is going to the gym on his lunch break . If you resent him for getting to go to the gym Caroline, take it up with him within the four walls of your home not tell all your followers about it . Besides , your mother is there to help you !!! He didn’t desert you and leave you all alone . Believe me , if my spouse in their 30s had to have their Mammy travel from Dingle to brush their hair so they can record it to post online , I’d be running out the door to get away for an hour too .
Don’t get me started on her trying to coax Caelen into kissing the grandmother while the phone was shoved in his face.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

jfc

Calling her son a little spoiled brat is WRONG not to mention ignorant. He is a perfectly normal 2 year old exhibiting normal behaviours which include tantrums. Tantrums are completely normal sign of development as he makes sense of the world and as his nervous system develops and regulates itself. It is the job (and often a very difficult job) of the parent to help their child through these 'big emotions'. Caroline is a self described anxiety guru yet by all appearances she refuses to educate herself. There are so many helpful tips online esp through montessori approach. My son is the same age as hers and i found these tips really helpful. That to one side, there are also countless books and tips out there. Inexcusable. Finally, she should not sharing him in this fashion online. Fine, share you experiences if you want but show some respect to your son... and his privacy. I get that one person's problems might not seem like a lot to another person but that they are a problem to them. However, get a grip Caroline!! There are much worse things people are facing today. A quick look on the journal shows me that. Your behaviour is ridiculous.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

gurlharbour

Chatty Member
Ahahaha Caroline’s question box didn’t exactly go to plan for her now did it
I actually couldn't stop laughing when she said all she was getting messages asking how does Barry cope with her and she must come across as unhinged. I was just like....yeah? You do

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Imsorrywhat?

The thing I find strange is that for someone with such over whelming anxiety she doesn't seem to have much consistent support in place.

She seems to self diagnose and self treat through her books/internet research. She also has no qualifications in pyschology or mental health. More a person with a media background and some connections that enabled her to publish books and market herself as an anxiety survivor.

Surely she should be advocating for the expansion of mental health services, attending regular therapy herself, and also creating more healthy structures in her life. Providing links for community based supports, but instead it feels like she's exploiting peoples vulnerabilities and just building her own brand.

We all have shit days, and ups and downs but I've yet to see her navigate her anxiety and low self esteem in a healthy way. it's bizarre when she's trying to market herself as some sort of expert, commentator on the matter.

• Heart

Gina32

I actually really like Caroline and have taken a lot from her podcast and book, she’s not someone who annoys me at all to be honest. It’s just that since she had the baby - I’ve felt really uneasy watching her stories. I truly believe she has absolutely the best intentions and God knows it’s not easy being a first time Mam, but I do think time off of Instagram is the best thing for her because there’s definitely something not right, it’s like a lack of reality rather than a lack of love (if that makes any sense?) It’s like she loves the baby but wants him to be grown up immediately between the own room, the practising standing, the way she sort of eye rolls his distress the way I would think my 10 year old is over reacting if they’re whinging over having to get up for school where it’s actually a very small baby who can’t regulate their own emotions yet. I definitely think she could do with switching off and accepting that she is not going to have great sleep or an easy run of it for a while to come because that’s motherhood and it’s bloody rough but it’s worth it. I do wish her well but I can see what people mean

Aoma

Chatty Member
I took that quiz and apparently my daughter is HS. News to me…
Anyway, I’m just going to phone my manager to let him know I may be late to work nearly every day because I’ve just discovered my daughter is HS so her tantrums are no longer regular age appropriate tantrums, they’re happening purely because she’s HS. I can’t leave her with the minder that I hired who has experience and I trust her, and pay her, to look after my child so I’ll put my job at risk because I just HAVE to get back into bed. Can’t cope. I’ll let all my friends know that I might have to leave their social events because my daughter is HS and I’ve to do whatever she asks because she’ll have a meltdown and get upset because she’s HS and I have to jump to her every wish. I’ll be sure to record her when she’s most vulnerable and post it here, it’s not my recording of her when she’s upset that’s upsetting her more it’s just that she’s HS. She’ll totally love it in a few years when she discovers that potentially thousands of people have seen her upset on numerous occasions but it’s totally fine, she’ll understand that I had to use her to make money. I’ll record a podcast now, I’ve no qualifications at all but it doesn’t matter because I did that quiz and my husband sent me a link so I know everything about it now. If anyone has any questions about my extensive knowledge you can ask me but only be nice to me because I’m so out of touch with reality I might be upset if you tell me the truth.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Rio202

I have literally never commented on tattle before on anyone’s page but the review of the book is too far. As parents it is our responsibility to teach children it is ok to feel scared, to feel anxious sometimes, to miss things/people… it is literally setting our children up for emotional stability later in life. In junior infants they learn all about these emotions and talk about how they felt at the time… by not allowing your child to experience such emotions at all it is doing damage… in the big bad world NOONE comes to save you, you need to build the resilience to cope and regulate and that coping starts at a very very young age

• Heart

AlriReggie

'If my mam just moved here life would be so much easier but she lives in Dingle'. Ah here. Have some consideration for your mam Caroline - she has her own life and is getting older. She probably wanted to live in Dingle for some peace of mind.
Ah stop!! What is she like!!
She complains about her toddler kid always needing / wanting her , yet she is in her 30s and wants the EXACT SAME!!!!!

• Haha
Now it all makes sense !! This book she wrote “in 2 hours” id say has most likely been written a lot longer ago and she needed to up the anti and lay on the seperation anxiety shit good and thick to use it as fodder to get selling! Anyone who buys anything she would write needs a good thump…

manifestinginfluencers

She must be going through some sort of breakdown? On every single work call, if I’m working from home and my son is here. He wants to sit on my knee or climb all over me. If I leave the room, he will always look for me. Does Caroline think we all have time to get dressed and put on makeup and do our hair on our own? Reality check, all toddlers do this! It’s normal. How she is responding to it is not normal. How is she giving anxiety advice when she doesn’t know how to cope?

NotPerfect

Does she know how hashtags work? Does she realise where she’s sharing her child? Her most precious little human she’s supposed to protect? Being shared to these huge audiences that usually have generic helpful content and there’s her little boy plonked in by his mother for the world to see. The internet and social media is full of people wanting to prey on the vulnerable. I really hope she or a family member sees this reality.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad

newuser321

I don’t know why Caroline had a child - she never stops complaining about him and shows him in the worst light (& unfairly so). She has no regard for his right to privacy - the amount of times she has posted him having a tantrum/crying etc. It’s wrong. I’m not surprised he behaves well for other people, she doesn’t know how to parent him and seems to try and over control every little thing. I never heard of someone who was so intent on getting their baby into a rigid sleep routine so early like she did

• Sad

Sazb64

Chatty Member
A 4hr car journey....in broad daylight....during a heatwave.....wHy wOnt He sLeEp 🤔 Jesus wept, this woman 🤷‍♀️😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow