Candice Brathwaite

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any other privileged white women whose mums used to use ice cream containers for freezing other things? Most of her commentators seem to be agreeing that this is a WOC thing (Indian or Black) but I don’t know any child of the 80s and 90s, whatever colour, who wasn’t finding Carte D’Or containers full of mince etc. in the freezer!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Any other privileged white women whose mums used to use ice cream containers for freezing other things? Most of her commentators seem to be agreeing that this is a WOC thing (Indian or Black) but I don’t know any child of the 80s and 90s, whatever colour, who wasn’t finding Carte D’Or containers full of mince etc. in the freezer!
Yes mate. Although we were a bit lower deck for carte d'or 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don’t think @allybongo is Candice. Unless Candice invented the Instagram account as well to post screenshots. If I remember rightly Candice put a screenshot on her on her stories

Oh my goodness just watched her stories about a young black boy being stopped and searched at Notting hill carnival and she spoke about it the whole time with her saggy tits hanging out!!! Come on draw attention to what you see is a problem but put your tits away.
Although I find her more and more recently goes on for the sake of it. She ostriches white people and it makes my blood boil.

Reactions: 3
Candice’s Notting Hill carnival post really annoyed me. I go to carnival almost every year. I have done so since I was small. On every street you will see the police celebrating with the revellers, they are dancing and draped in flags from the Caribbean. It is an excellent festival for bridging a gap between the people and the Met. Candice would have seen this. It is impossible not to. Yet she chose to post an inflammatory video of one man (who WAS suspiciously dressed on one of the hottest days of the year) being searched. The police at carnival do a brilliant job of keeping the community safe. Her video is such a slap in the face of excellent policing. Police forces across the UK had, and in some places still have, a dreadful reputation for institutional racism (I have first-hand experience of this) but the example here is very much posted for Candice’s own agenda.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Why couldn’t she have done the story dressed? Totally detracts from the message. FFS Candice cover yourself up.

Reactions: 1
i don’t follow her now - due to the

👆🏻 Gino genelli tubs were a staple storage solution for my mum/Nan/grandad 😂

My husband and I have always used takeaway tubs. Perhaps I should preface that with #growingupwhite/Irish 🙄

I don’t follow her now, I find her dislike of white people pretty grim.

I saw her NHC post. And don’t get me wrong - I am sure there are incidents of racism from police officers. But without being there and knowing the whole story, I struggle to believe her - knowing what she is like, she’ll happily twist anything to fit her narrative.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
i don’t follow her now - due to the

👆🏻 Gino genelli tubs were a staple storage solution for my mum/Nan/grandad 😂

My husband and I have always used takeaway tubs. Perhaps I should preface that with #growingupwhite/Irish 🙄

I don’t follow her now, I find her dislike of white people pretty grim.

I saw her NHC post. And don’t get me wrong - I am sure there are incidents of racism from police officers. But without being there and knowing the whole story, I struggle to believe her - knowing what she is like, she’ll happily twist anything to fit her narrative.
Oh, I have been using takeaway tubs for years, I did not realise it was a White/Irish thing. I feel I ought to apologise for my container appropriation. As a WOC I will try to stick to used ice cream tubs in future. ;)

Also attended NHC since I was a teen, a few years ago I felt a bit unsafe after we had witnessed a few minor theft issues but the past couple of years it has felt like it used to. The police officers I have encountered have been brilliant and despite the heat and how busy it gets, have had a laugh, danced with us and I am grateful they are there to keep us safe. However, that is the experience of myself/friends/family, who have no agenda/engagement boosting to do/narrative to drive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
94A6CE72-4978-443C-AB4E-D593A5F6B927.jpeg

If you disagree with Candice and you are white, you are racist. If you disagree and you are black, it is a betrayal of your race

Everyone must just agree with Candice and her agenda pushing, dubiously evidenced views.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
View attachment 36060

If you disagree with Candice and you are white, you are racist. If you disagree and you are black, it is a betrayal of your race

Everyone must just agree with Candice and her agenda pushing, dubiously evidenced views.
That's one of the things that put me off her, she speaks on behalf of black people as if they are one homogeneous mass. Certainly there are shared experiences and history but 'black culture' is a bit of a misnomer for me. There can be big cultural differences between people of African countries let alone Africa and the Caribbean.

Reactions: 15
Now Candice is posting about breastfeeding and race, and linking it to infant mortality.

Last year she was advertising infant formula.

The hypocrisy.

She is the wrong person for these messages.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I promise you all I really really really really really am not Candice 😂😂

My boobs are much better 🤣😜

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.