Cancer Influencers #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let's hope the Oncologist doesn't piss on her chips, or she might end up blocking and deleting him. Tick, tick, bloody tick. :rolleyes:
Made me laugh out loud 🤣

I think Tiffany needs to value the people in her comments, so many people with experience professionally and personally. She's nearly 100k subscribers deep and won't like what everyone has to say, but wouldn't you focus on comments that might be helpful.

If Tiff does read here I have a suggestion... Perhaps use the tea with Tiff series as a space to 'diary' her thoughts, discuss her comments/interact with subscribers and keep Thurs videos more concise about her treatment, symptoms, progress, next steps.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Aw Tiffany it is so sad. Her last video is called "I want to live" but it would be better called "isolate me into an echo chamber". Life is living, interacting with people, learning, growing.
I've been following her since Sept 2021.
I find it interesting how people who try to come across as 'super sweet and innocent' can actually be the ones who are quite mean but they do it in a really passive aggressive way. This whole 'I'll block you if your comment makes me feel a certain way' and like mentioned, about the response she gave to the thousands of people who took their time to try and sincerely offer advice. I remember she once had an oncology appointment, where she just wanted them to comment on a skin issue, and so felt offended that the doctor was more thorough in mentioning her scans show quite advanced cancer and surgery isn't a guarantee. I think I'd be grateful for any oncology doctor to be giving me information, not feel angry at them.
Living in a bubble should come with a health warning.
She said someone wrote ‘your going to die’ that’s not cool at all. Constructive criticism is one thing but if I was in her shoes I wouldn’t want to read bad comments either. She shouldn’t read this thread for example because that’s actively seeking out things that may upset her if she’s in a fragile state, but I can understand blocking hurtful comments from her YouTube channel or instagram, I think it’s acceptable because it’s her page.

Reactions: 4
She said someone wrote ‘your going to die’ that’s not cool at all. Constructive criticism is one thing but if I was in her shoes I wouldn’t want to read bad comments either. She shouldn’t read this thread for example because that’s actively seeking out things that may upset her if she’s in a fragile state, but I can understand blocking hurtful comments from her YouTube channel or instagram, I think it’s acceptable because it’s her page.
No one should leave her hurtful, nasty comments on here or her page but I think she should read here, she needs a reality check she’s on another planet it’s scary x

Reactions: 7
I hope Monique is doing ok and is comfortable. I haven't seen any updates from her recently but could've missed a story?
I remember seeing her post on her stories on the day or day after the Queen’s death was announced talking about that, but I haven’t seen anything since. I’ve also been wondering how she’s doing.

Monique is another poor soul who seems to be living in cloud coocoo land with regards to the seriousness of her situation….

Reactions: 9
I can understand no-one wants nasty comments. But her comments are mostly supportive and trying to help. It sounds more like she just doesn't want to hear people who have an opinion different to her. The 'no surgery' video had an overwhelming response of people trying to give her good advice. Even if it is getting a second opinion. It sounds like we can't say anything now that might increase her anxiety.

No one should leave her hurtful, nasty comments on here or her page but I think she should read here, she needs a reality check she’s on another planet it’s scary x
That's what I think too. Life has anxieties. We have to work through what life throws at us.

Reactions: 9
So now Tiffany is twisting her followers words and making them sound like trolls. She invited people to comment on whether she should wait six weeks or go ahead with surgery.

Some of the comments were 'are you mad, please get surgery don't delay' and 'you're going to die if you wait six weeks'.

There were no vicious comments, they came from a place of concern but she's chosen to be nasty and attack them because they're not saying what she wants to hear.

Same when people disagreed with what her boyfriend suggested, she went in on the attack.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m speaking generally. When your senses can’t perceive something, it appears less real. We perceive our reality first and foremost by our senses, not ideas.
The pain she's in,the weight loss,the getting weaker by the day,the no quality of life are her reality,her senses can't lead her away from that unfortunately

Yeah she’s a bit manipulative, and I think it’s the reason she put me off from the very beginning... it’s just becoming more obvious now. Like someone else said, passive-aggressively lashing out at her followers who did exactly what she asked, for weighing in on her decision. And doing it with an annoyed smile on her face just comes off rather cold and disingenuous, which may account for the high number of dislikes on her videos.

I’ve never seen another cancer influencer have such a divisive reaction by their own viewers on regular basis, I reckon it’s because people can’t figure out who Tiffany really is. Is she really that naïve or is she working people for YouTube revenue? Or both? I’ve watched on and off for a year and apart from how irritating it is to get no answers or contradicting information, her affect and manner of behaving with her audience is the main thing that gets in the way of feeling a connection with her. If she gets genuine hate, then that’s completely unacceptable, but someone having cancer doesn’t mean they’re a great person or immune from criticism.

Many people are frustrated and angry because they want her to live whilst she refuses to face reality and learn even the most basic stuff about her own illness.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Would radiation cause scar tissue? Has it killed the cancer cells or just put them to sleep, hence the wait and see?
Absolutely. I have scar tissue on my brain from the radiotherapy. It's quite a common side effect

Reactions: 6
I'm petrified to see how much Monique is struggling. She have no life quality. It's look like her boyfriend is no longer around? 😢
Honestly if I will be so extremely ill I would ask the doctors to give me all medication available just to sedate me.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Lizzie England had her scan yesterday and finds out a plan on Thursday, I think she’s reacting to the news really well but is it me or does she seem to have a lot of time away from her kids?

Reactions: 3
Lizzie England had her scan yesterday and finds out a plan on Thursday, I think she’s reacting to the news really well but is it me or does she seem to have a lot of time away from her kids?
Yes she handles it well and has a good attitude towards it. Personally I don't think she has a lot of time away from her kids. I've seen quite a few family holidays and trips away with all three kids. Her and her husband have just had a break away in Spain which I think was needed after she had bad scan results. She certainly does not have more time away from her kids like jemma McGowan does!! Her kids I do feel sorry for

Reactions: 3
Does anyone follow Sarah Cawood? She was a tv presenter in the late 90s/early 00s? She’s recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and is today having a lumpectomy but im sort of uncomfortable with a lot of what she’s posting - she seems very confident that she’s just going to have the lump removed and that’s it, all done, no chance of anything else happening. I’m not sure if she’s just not very clued up on it or if it’s a defensive thing but she needs to understand that unfortunately that may not be the end of it; it could have already spread and she needs to be aware of that.

I'm petrified to see how much Monique is struggling. She have no life quality. It's look like her boyfriend is no longer around? 😢
Honestly if I will be so extremely ill I would ask the doctors to give me all medication available just to sedate me.
I feel like there’s just no real plan for Monique now. She’s just existing in a hospital bed. I don’t see what the point is - she’s got no quality of life at all, she’s basically spent about a year now just in her pjamas laying in a hospital bed, I think the vast majority of the time she’s so heavily medicated I don’t think she’s even on the planet. It’s obvious she’s never going to recover now and I feel that surely now it would be the best to take her tube out which is causing her infection/sepsis, move her to a hospice and let her go comfortably? I’m not saying that to be callous I just don’t see what other option they have now? It feels cruel that she’s in this prolonged state of flux.

Reactions: 13
Does anyone follow Sarah Cawood? She was a tv presenter in the late 90s/early 00s? She’s recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and is today having a lumpectomy but im sort of uncomfortable with a lot of what she’s posting - she seems very confident that she’s just going to have the lump removed and that’s it, all done, no chance of anything else happening. I’m not sure if she’s just not very clued up on it or if it’s a defensive thing but she needs to understand that unfortunately that may not be the end of it; it could have already spread and she needs to be aware of that.
I think a lot of it is a defensive mechanism, I think she will be very well aware that it can come back, but at the minute she has to focus on the here and now and she has to believe this will work and maybe it will?? I had a non skin sparing masectomy and my friend had a lumpectomy. Mine came back within 3 years, my friend is still cancer free. You just never know

Reactions: 4
Yes she handles it well and has a good attitude towards it. Personally I don't think she has a lot of time away from her kids. I've seen quite a few family holidays and trips away with all three kids. Her and her husband have just had a break away in Spain which I think was needed after she had bad scan results. She certainly does not have more time away from her kids like jemma McGowan does!! Her kids I do feel sorry for
Jemma has her own thread if you're interested, more and more stuff has come out about her

Reactions: 1

I feel like there’s just no real plan for Monique now. She’s just existing in a hospital bed. I don’t see what the point is - she’s got no quality of life at all, she’s basically spent about a year now just in her pjamas laying in a hospital bed, I think the vast majority of the time she’s so heavily medicated I don’t think she’s even on the planet. It’s obvious she’s never going to recover now and I feel that surely now it would be the best to take her tube out which is causing her infection/sepsis, move her to a hospice and let her go comfortably? I’m not saying that to be callous I just don’t see what other option they have now? It feels cruel that she’s in this prolonged state of flux.
Aww I didn't know that about Sarah as I don't follow her but like her as a presenter. I would think its a defence thing. Remember people post whatever they like on social media but offline she's probably 💩ing herself!

Reactions: 2
I think she raised quite a bit of gfm cash to 'create memories'. She is away from her kids a lot but I think she feels she needs to live as much as possible in what time she has. Can't blame her for this, her kids are young and time away must help her process what is going on. . However, I don't agree with gfm for trips and holidays and experiences the rest of us could only dream of.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.