Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PartOfMe

Wow thanks so much all for your replies. But I somewhat was more negative and didn't say the good points. Please tell me what you think after this

I'm quite pragmatic I doubt I'll ever be overjoyed about buying overpriced property in this country. After viewing 40+ places this is the best.

I knew about the windows with my offer, they will cost 14k but that's about what I will pay when I have to move at the end of Jan and sign up for a new one year lease.

The flat is nice, top floor, balcony that not overlooked and is on its own. Great river view and on a tree lined street so lots of the windows look just into tree canopies. Apart from the windows (and replacing of the floor..) nothing much needs doing to it other than fresh paint.

The boiler is a concern but I figure even with the service history it could break at any point.

The poor management of the flat could be turned round if I became a director. Just the electric tarriff and a new insurance policy and not submitting accounts late pretty much stops the loss of money. Not that I want to do it.

The guttering they've been speaking about for years in the minutes, so that might just go on and on.

The private road it could still be a decade before they sort it out and so many flats have liability it's at most 2k for me but more like 1k

The new building, yes that will be annoying but the construction work will be going on while I'm at work.

No lift and no parking space isn't ideal, but I priced that into my offer. It is a great location.

The Zoopla price was more or less what my offer that got accepted was but i think a flat that's no where near as nice that sold in the summer has suddenly pushed down the price in the last few weeks .

I'm praying some people read the update, but with that in mind is it still a definite walk away from for you guys??

Oh and I'm trying to get the landlord to approve the floor else make them get an insurance policy

PartOfMe

Thank you!

I'm going back to look at it again to make my final decision. It will be with my head. Don't think I will ever walk in somewhere on my budget and think it's amazing.

The problems could mostly be fixed, but do I want to fix them? Loads of that just comes with home ownership. Does seem like a flat is more difficult to sell than a house as any potential issues will more likely be flagged up