Buns (hair)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else feel absolutely minging with their hair in a bun? I really feel like I look like a sack of tit with one but they’re sometimes so practical.

Question — if you wear your hair in a bun, do you only do it at home or do you sometimes do it as a “lewk”? Will I ever learn to create a flattering bun or shall I just accept that I haven’t got the face/profile for it?

Reactions: 3
Are you wearing it high? I do a high bun at home where it doesn’t matter if I look like the Trunchbull but can only really get away with low messy buns or low and sleek with some side fringe.

c06ae0878cd50722d9ce851803d52043.jpg

1669217321016.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I usually do a very loose low bun at home if I want my hair kept away, but other than that the only time I ever done a bun was when I was in ballet as it was mandatory back in those days, it can be hard to get a bun looking nice without it taking forever or not coming out looking like Trunchbull 😅

Reactions: 1
Whenever I put my hair up, only in a short ponytail as it’s not long enough for a bun, I feel it looks flattering at home but never feel comfortable going out with it like that. I feel like my head’s too small! 😆

Reactions: 1
i feel like whenever i shove my hair up in a bun i look like mrs trunchbull. but if i take my time, brush a lot, throw my head down then collect all my hair slowly and put it in a bun that way i look half presentable. i then have a mascara brush (that’s not been used) and brush down the fly aways

i prefer a low bun as shown above though. So much nicer i think

Reactions: 2
I mostly do a sort-of chignon like the first image that @no-no has posted (I wish it looked that good!). I don't have bits hanging down though - that would drive me nuts.

Sometimes I'll wear it as a low ponytail which I pull out from the bottom and top to make the top fluff up a bit ... like so:

1669244701909.png

I have a lot of hair, and having it in a bun for a prolonged period of time gives me a headache tbh, so i generally just tie it up high like the trunchbiull when im up to my eyes in work to get it out of the way and get tit done

I like a Molly Mae bun. I’ve been doing the low sleeked back bun on days when I want my hair out of the way and noticed a lot of others have too.