Bryony Gordon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What did she say?
Screenshot of the substack is in the post :) haven’t heard from her for months and she hasn’t been well, but if she thinks it’s because of overworking nooo hun 😆 although she does have anxiety
---
Oh sorry that was another thread I posted it in to discuss her circle :)
---
Sorry but I’ll say it again- her heart condition will be because of her weight

Attachments

I am confused - she has a heart problem?
Yeah from her newsletter, screenshots above, which is why she went quiet for literally like a year. Now she's back chatting shite. Don't know what caused the heart problem but I wish her well with it

She's got her 8th (I think) book coming out next month. Usually hits the one a year target to talk about mental health.

She's got her 8th (I think) book coming out next month. Usually hits the one a year target to talk about mental health.
Yeah we called it, about mental health and binge eating :)

She's quite entertaining, but her books are getting samey. She seems quite self obsessed too

Reactions: 1
Has anyone read any of them? I used to read her Column in the Times years ago but I don't think I could cope with a whole book of that type of thing

Has anyone read any of them? I used to read her Column in the Times years ago but I don't think I could cope with a whole book of that type of thing
Yeah I’ve read all of them. Four whole books of that type of thing 😆

• Haha
The Wrong Knickers is an excellent debut book. Really funny in a lot of places, just not sure everything I found funny I was suppose to.

• Haha
I saw her speak at the OCD Action conference last October and I do truly think she’s brilliant, though I have always been a fan.

Her new book came out on Thursday, Mad Woman. It’s a follow on from Mad Girl but 10 years down the line. I relate a lot to the return of ocd with the pandemic. I think she writes brilliantly but it is very samey. I feel for her as her mental illnesses tends to interfere a lot with her day to day life. I hope one day she gets to a point where she’s able to live without her eating and ocd creeping in

I saw her speak at the OCD Action conference last October and I do truly think she’s brilliant, though I have always been a fan.

Her new book came out on Thursday, Mad Woman. It’s a follow on from Mad Girl but 10 years down the line. I relate a lot to the return of ocd with the pandemic. I think she writes brilliantly but it is very samey. I feel for her as her mental illnesses tends to interfere a lot with her day to day life. I hope one day she gets to a point where she’s able to live without her eating and ocd creeping in
Yeah I feel for her a bit too. She seems to have always thought of herself as ‘less than’ when she has so much going for her :( and tried to massage those insecurities with bad behaviour
However I do think she’s never had to live in the real world, she’s quite privileged and I never recall her saying she struggled for money or anything. Despite being on a journalist’s salary

Yeah I feel for her a bit too. She seems to have always thought of herself as ‘less than’ when she has so much going for her :( and tried to massage those insecurities with bad behaviour
However I do think she’s never had to live in the real world, she’s quite privileged and I never recall her saying she struggled for money or anything. Despite being on a journalist’s salary
Agreed. Plus she’s had a very supportive husband who seems to be a saint…. Or maybe he’s too good to be true.

Reactions: 3
Who on earth wants to read about some woman’s first world problems?
Oh I don’t know, she does some good work on mental health and the importance of opening up. But it’s always about me, me, me with Bryony and her life has been totally charmed. I think that’s what makes her ring inauthentic

The subtitle of ‘menopause, binge eating, OCD’ makes me think of that time Chandler got stuck in the front row listening to the one woman play on his own in Friends. ‘Chapter 1 my period’.

A signed copy is the same price as one not signed. I have never known that to happen. You've always had to pay more for a signature.

I think people are just bored of the same tit from her. She does some good work, but this book is pretty derivative of her others it seems and just a money grab

Read Mad Woman, very derivative of her other books but last few chapters about perimenopause are fresh :)