Bryony Gordon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is only 40 and the publicity train is leaving the station on yet another memoir. I know people find her brand of me me me, all of me, look how far I can sink confessional- is somehow healthy sharing but I find it disturbingly egocentric. Something no one every mentions is how those involved in her life feel about the vast over-sharing- how will her daughter feel when she grows up to hear of her mother’s antics sexually, alcoholic, drugs ? How do her family feel about the fact nothing is sacred? All this selling your ugly shite for money is normal in these eBay days but it’s not really on is it? I can not imagine how anyone can be her friend given her propensity to gush no holds barred about everything in her life. And for her own mental health - how does one ever recover if you are so incentivised to continually spew details of the illness and it’s consequences? She is a poster girl for sickness/drunkenness/sexual abuse and having absolutely no line that she will not cross for selling her intimate life to the highest bidder. She believes I suppose it empowers her but to me she just looks like a woman who has no interests beyond her own problems.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I actually really like her - I think yes maybe there isn't a line she wouldn't cross, or a detail she wouldn't share, but she's painfully raw and honest. She did not try to glamorize her life or her choices, she says it how it is.
Regarding her mental health, for some people sharing is how they heal - you learn to accept your choices rather than be in denial and/or hide them, which can be much worse for you in the long run.

Reactions: 2
Egocentric nightmare. I dont care how many drugs or drink you get off your face on, not everyone wakes up having oral sex with a random, with their husband and child a few feet away, and blames it on substance abuse. At what point do you stop playing the victim and start taking responsibility and acting like an adult? Grow the duck up.

Reactions: 6
I've been reading about her since I was a pre-teen from her Sunday Telegraph back page days LOL

I was surprised to see that she and Harry are still together
Egocentric nightmare. I dont care how many drugs or drink you get off your face on, not everyone wakes up having oral sex with a random, with their husband and child a few feet away, and blames it on substance abuse. At what point do you stop playing the victim and start taking responsibility and acting like an adult? Grow the duck up.
SORRY WHAT?!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I don't think she's honest at all. I know it's part of being an addict but she's definitely lied about being ok / in recovery before when she wasn't. It was last time she had a book to flog

She is incredibly lucky that her child was not removed from her and her husband stuck by her (I think she knows this!)

Interesting how she was fronting mental health campaigns whilst having huge unresolved issues of her own - again, I think she knows this but I just don't believe anything she comes out with now - as there is always, later on, some huge back story which is published in a book....

Reactions: 4
Ooh glad to see this thread. anyone noticed Bryony talking about food and eating issues more? It’s like she deliberately saves her problems up for her next book. Like how she denied her blindingly obvious drink problem until it was time for the alcoholism book. If she doesn’t have a book about her recently discovered lifelong eating disorder soon I’ll eat my hat. I can’t abide people who traffic in supposedly brutal honesty but only ever on their own terms. I really think there’s no way the cheating incident in her most recent book was a guy giving her head - what type of unsavoury druggy you meet in a blackout is satisfied with giving oral sex rather than a full shag? I cannot believe her husband is still with her, what an absolute doormat.

can anyone expand on this???

Reactions: 1
i used to read her in the Times weekend magazine, she always seemed so full of herself. I cannot believe she is somehow writing ANOTHER book, did/does anyone read the awful column with her and her mum? it was the most dull thing i've ever read

can anyone expand on this???
It's in her book. She went to a wedding/party with husband and child and got her off her tits on coke, then woke up to find the drug dealer performing oral sex on her.

• Wow
It's in her book. She went to a wedding/party with husband and child and got her off her tits on coke, then woke up to find the drug dealer performing oral sex on her.
jesus chirst. if she wasn't white/middle class this is the kind of thing that could get your child taken into care

wtf that's sexual assault... did she press charges?!

I got into Bryony's books because I gobble up anything to do with marathon running. I know that a lot of people with addiction problems have talented great comfort in her work, but I just can't stand her as a person.

It's one thing being open about mental health, but a whole other thing when you seemingly relish in boasting about how dysfunctional you are. Everything seems to revolve around Bryony with little regard for her husband and daughter. Since she is so interested in mental health, I would have thought that she would consider the impact that her over sharing might have on her daughter?

I hate that it's socially acceptable for upper middle class white women like Bryony and Dolly Alderton to have addiction issues - if Bryony was living in a council flat she would have had her daughter taken into care.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just to update everyone, the next book will likely be on binge eating disorder as she's having treatment for it, as per instagram. Or maybe another mental health one which combines the various challenges she's had. If it helps someone who reads it best of luck to her.

Just to update everyone, the next book will likely be on binge eating disorder as she's having treatment for it, as per instagram. Or maybe another mental health one which combines the various challenges she's had. If it helps someone who reads it best of luck to her.
On her Instagram it says it will be something completely different and unexpected! Couldn’t possibly not be about herself.. :)

• Haha
I can’t stand this woman. Look at meeeeeee all the time. I feel so sorry for her daughter, as she seems the most self obsessed person ever. She’s the sort of person I would run & hide from if I met her in real life, as she’d spend the whole time talking really loudly about marathons, like she’s some bleeping expert, but would never bother to ask you if you’d done any yourself (over 20, as it happens, and quick ones too)