Brookside is back!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It will be on stv player from 1st February, going right back to the start.
I can’t wait, used to love watching it with my mum. After Laura died from switching on a light I was scared to touch a light switch for months 😂
Sinbad was my favourite until tinhead came along and I fell in love with Philip Olivier.

Will anyone else be watching?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
It will be on stv player from 1st February, going right back to the start.
I can’t wait, used to love watching it with my mum. After Laura died from switching on a light I was scared to touch a light switch for months 😂
Sinbad was my favourite until tinhead came along and I fell in love with Philip Olivier.

Thanks for posting
Happy memories of watching Brookside, I remember Bobby & Sheila's lad Damon running away with his girlfriend etc
Jimmy Corkhill & his bulldog Crrraaacker 😁

Reactions: 17
Brookside was the best soap ever!!!!!!!
It was groundbreaking.

I don't watch soaps now but will tune in.

Reactions: 17
Loved brookside!!

The first ever lesbian kiss- i was so shocked as an 8 year old

Then the bodies under the patio!!

Exciting

Reactions: 11
This is great news😁

I will finally find out what happened in the episode 29/9/2000. I was sat down comfortably, 5 minutes in and my bastard husband (wasn't then obviously) decided to mute the tv and propose to me🤣

Anyway, I don't watch tv these days but would start watching this as I loved it. I'll just make sure I watch it by myself!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
No 😂 I was traumatised for years after the body under the patio.
Didn't help that my dads commentary at the time was "there's a hand" while I hid in the other room.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If they make like *hollyoaks I'll be raging.
*haven't watched that in 20 years 😳
I want kitchen sink drama with a side of housing estate built on ancient burial ground. Everyone must look boring but there's potentially someone living in their attics.
Who's alive?

Reactions: 4
After Laura died from switching on a light I was scared to touch a light switch for months 😂

Brookside taught me to never switch on a light switch during a gas leak thanks to Ron Dixon taking out half the parade in the gas explosion. As a 9 year old Susannah and Max’s kids taught me to always wear a seatbelt. That crash traumatised me (I watched it on YouTube as an adult and it was pretty tame 😂)

Tinhead made me realise I was gay 😍😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
My kids need to hurry up and fall asleep so I can crack on with it! I live round the corner from brookside close 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My kids need to hurry up and fall asleep so I can crack on with it! I live round the corner from brookside close 🤣
I wanted to live on the Close when I was a kid 😂 not sure why as I already lived on a 1980s cul de sac (just less dramatic)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Great to see it back on TV! I never knew that Amanda Burton was in it and I cannot stand her for some reason! Made worse at the moment because I am watching Waterloo Road and last year's Silent Witness - she is in the episodes I am watching just now in both shows! My wife is watching The Commander which stars Amanda Burton... and today I put on Brookside and there's bloody Amanda Burton!! I'm scared to go into work tomorrow in case we have a new start and it's Amanda Burton!

We've watched the first episode and it really is a blast from the past. It's a shame STV haven't made a month worth of episodes available at a time, at the five episodes a week pace we'll be watching for 11 years!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Great to see it back on TV! I never knew that Amanda Burton was in it and I cannot stand her for some reason! Made worse at the moment because I am watching Waterloo Road and last year's Silent Witness - she is in the episodes I am watching just now in both shows! My wife is watching The Commander which stars Amanda Burton... and today I put on Brookside and there's bloody Amanda Burton!! I'm scared to go into work tomorrow in case we have a new start and it's Amanda Burton!

We've watched the first episode and it really is a blast from the past. It's a shame STV haven't made a month worth of episodes available at a time, at the five episodes a week pace we'll be watching for 11 years!
I probably won’t watch until the end anyway. It went downhill for the last couple of years of its existence

Reactions: 2
Just watched first episode, I was only born in 1974 so don't remember the earlier years.

Have watched first 5 episodes and will watch the next 5 today. Enjoyed it. Have never been a fan of Amanda Burton but haven't minded her, so far, in this! I did watch brookside but probably from the mid 90's to maybe a year or so before it finished so looking forward to seeing what I missed first time round

Reactions: 4