Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

leviosa

Hope it's ok to make a thread for this guy!!

Am absolutely LOVING seeing this guy making such an epic comeback. He has really good guy vibes about him and you can see how very much it means to him.

Hope it's ok to make a thread for this guy!!

Am absolutely LOVING seeing this guy making such an epic comeback. He has really good guy vibes about him and you can see how very much it means to him.
I literally said guy 3 times in one post. Please overlook that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

lilyannrose

Chatty Member
I am so happy for him. While The Whale is not my kind of movie, I am just delighted for his succcess and can't wait to see what other roles he will get. I'm bitterly disappointed Batgirl was cancelled because I was so keen to see him as Firefly (and the return of Michael Keaton as Batman, my Batman!) and when you look at some of the absolute crap WB/DCEU has released over the years I don't buy the excuse that Batgirl was unwatchable.

I need to go watch The Mummy again. My goodness he's gorgeous in that.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
Bedazzled is one of my favourite films i bloody love it !!!

Oh, he's great in that (as is Liz Hurley...credit where it's due! 😬)
We also love him in The Mummy, and Journey to the Centre of the Earth, everyone has at least one favourite movie with Brendan Fraser in it, don't they?
It's so nice to see the affection that people still have for him, I don't think I've ever heard a bad word said against him ♥

Reactions: 11

Libertine1975

VIP Member
I had George of the Jungle on video as a kid and I loved that movie so much. Haven't seen it for years. I adore the first two Mummy movies.

Watched Graham Norton tonight and I also thought he came accross as very nervous. I was reading through his Wikipedia and put this down to this movie being the biggest project he has had to promote like this in while.

I am so pleased that he seems to be getting better and hope to see him in many more projects moving forward.

Reactions: 9

Lady_H

VIP Member
I adore him. Something about him always seemed so sweet and genuine. He was absolutely gorgeous in the Mummy. Also loved him on Bedazzled with Liz Hurley, a ridiculous film but he was lovely in it!

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
I have just watched him on the Graham Norton show. He looked so uncomfortable being interviewed, but lit up when talking about his work.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
He did seem totally ill at ease, but I did like how he told Oti she was absolutely charming, that was sweet! His eyes seemed rather red, idk why?
i think he is an incredibly anxious (and maybe shy) person - he’s come across exactly the same way in all the things i’ve seen him in recently (including the actors round table and his cc acceptance speech). he’s been out of the whole press circuit for a while so i guess it’s natural that he’s finding his feet there again.

Reactions: 8

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Loved the mummy films he does genuinely seem a nice guy so sad what he's been through but glad he's back on our screens agree with above poster the whale is not my kinda film but hope to see him in something else soon

• Heart

lilyannrose

Chatty Member
michael keaton will be back as batman in the flash (allegedly 😉) so hopefully you’ll still get to see him even though you’ll also have to put up with ezra miller.
Michael Keaton is the only thing that can get me to watch something with Ezra Miller in it. I cannot begin to understand why WB are taking a protect Miller at all costs stance when Miller has proven over and over what an utterly awful excuse for a human being he is. I'm just hoping the Keaton cameo is worth while and the writing won't screw over the legacy of his Batman.

WatermelonSugar22

VIP Member
He’s very funny in Doom Patrol too! You don’t see him, just hear his voice, but it cracks me up imagining him in the voice recording booth yelling “shitlickers!”

I had a huge crush on him back in the day and want nothing but good things for him now, he’s a treasure!

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Watched Graham Norton tonight and I also thought he came accross as very nervous. I was reading through his Wikipedia and put this down to this movie being the biggest project he has had to promote like this in while.
exactly this. i think it also must be tough for him to know that the audience remember him in a certain way (ie his mummy and george of the jungle self) - that can’t help the anxiety he already has. i thought graham n and the rest of the guests were very considerate of him though.

hopefully his confidence continues to grow with that though!

lilyannrose

Chatty Member
I watched The Mummy for the first time in years last night. It really is such a fun movie! The chemistry between Brendan and Rachel was so, so good!

Reactions: 7

Pinkii

VIP Member
i adore him… he is probably nervous as he was ‘outcast’ for so long because of having the courage to speak out about his abuse, he probably feels it can all go away at any point again

I’ve loved all his films that I have seen him in (blast from the past being a fav, and california man)

I’m glad he is getting recognised for his talent as an actor now.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Hope96

VIP Member
I need somewhere to dump this... I've just come out of the cinema after watching The Whale. Wow, he played the role of Charlie so well, it was deep, real and emotive. Many tears were shed and I hope he gets that Oscar because he deserves it. What a wonderful comeback!

Reactions: 6

LaBlonde

VIP Member
seems a lovely man who has been through a hell of a tough time - it’s wonderful to see him having a comeback and is so well deserved.

i hope his assaulter receives some kind of karma though. he was so brave to speak up about it.

I am so happy for him. While The Whale is not my kind of movie, I am just delighted for his succcess and can't wait to see what other roles he will get. I'm bitterly disappointed Batgirl was cancelled because I was so keen to see him as Firefly (and the return of Michael Keaton as Batman, my Batman!) and when you look at some of the absolute crap WB/DCEU has released over the years I don't buy the excuse that Batgirl was unwatchable.

I need to go watch The Mummy again. My goodness he's gorgeous in that.
it allegedly got buried for tax reasons! the people who have seen footage of it actually said it was decent and had potential - have never heard of a finished movie in recent times being deleted from existence like that.

michael keaton will be back as batman in the flash (allegedly 😉) so hopefully you’ll still get to see him even though you’ll also have to put up with ezra miller.

Reactions: 5

lizzolyn

VIP Member
So happy for the success he's having, I grew up watching George of the jungle, The Mummy films and Bedazzled etc.

Heard his performance in The Whale is great along with the other actors in it but heard the movie itself is quite exploitative of morbidly obese people.

Hopefully he's back in more high profile films in the future!

• Heart
I have just watched him on the Graham Norton show. He looked so uncomfortable being interviewed, but lit up when talking about his work.
He did seem totally ill at ease, but I did like how he told Oti she was absolutely charming, that was sweet! His eyes seemed rather red, idk why?