Breast implant removal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had my implants in just over 10 years now and I'm thinking of getting them removed completely. I don't want anymore to be put in. Just wondered if any of you have had this procedure and what your experiences were like. Any tips/ advice? And how you felt after etc. Any recommendations of surgeons?
I am going to go on real self and look at good reviews of surgeons doing this procedure but just thought I'd ask on here to hear any experiences.
Thanks in advance xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I, too, have implants that need to be removed. I should have had it done at the end of 2020, but Covid happened and I put it off. I definitely have to get it done this year. My implants are due to reconstruction after a double mastectomy. Cancer sucks! Due to the fact that mine is cancer related my insurance covers it. If you live in Southern California I would recommend my surgeon.
I do have a question for you and others though. Do you find your implants uncomfortable? I do. I've found them uncomfortable since almost the beginning. They get really cold when the weather is cold and sticky (inside my skin) when it's hot. I cannot wait to get them out.
It's nice to meet you and best of luck to you on your surgery.

• Heart
I, too, have implants that need to be removed. I should have had it done at the end of 2020, but Covid happened and I put it off. I definitely have to get it done this year. My implants are due to reconstruction after a double mastectomy. Cancer sucks! Due to the fact that mine is cancer related my insurance covers it. If you live in Southern California I would recommend my surgeon.
I do have a question for you and others though. Do you find your implants uncomfortable? I do. I've found them uncomfortable since almost the beginning. They get really cold when the weather is cold and sticky (inside my skin) when it's hot. I cannot wait to get them out.
It's nice to meet you and best of luck to you on your surgery.
Thank you for replying to this. I almost feel ashamed after reading your situation, that my implants were just an unnecessary vanity project. I truly hope you are doing well and I send you lots of love and hope you are well and healthy now. Il admit that mine have never been uncomfortable....until now. One in particular seems to hurt a little and I feel something has changed or moved. I really can't wait to get mine removed, I feel like I made a bit of a foolish mistake when I was younger by getting them. As iv never liked the look of them, I did it for all the wrong reasons.
I live in the UK, but thanks for being so helpful! Really lovely to meet you too 🥰🥰🥰 and I wish you all the best too. Maybe we could come back to this thread and do an update when we have had them removed! Xxxx

Thank you for replying to this. I almost feel ashamed after reading your situation, that my implants were just an unnecessary vanity project. I truly hope you are doing well and I send you lots of love and hope you are well and healthy now. Il admit that mine have never been uncomfortable....until now. One in particular seems to hurt a little and I feel something has changed or moved. I really can't wait to get mine removed, I feel like I made a bit of a foolish mistake when I was younger by getting them. As iv never liked the look of them, I did it for all the wrong reasons.
I live in the UK, but thanks for being so helpful! Really lovely to meet you too 🥰🥰🥰 and I wish you all the best too. Maybe we could come back to this thread and do an update when we have had them removed! Xxxx
Hey, don't feel ashamed about it. I got reconstruction out of vanity, too. I thought I could get the perfect, smaller boobs that I always wanted. But I was never happy with them. I'm doing good. I'm being bad and putting it off until Summer because we want to go on vacation in the Spring.
Yes, let's keep each other updated with our surgeries. And give each other support! Hopefully others will join us here. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hey, don't feel ashamed about it. I got reconstruction out of vanity, too. I thought I could get the perfect, smaller boobs that I always wanted. But I was never happy with them. I'm doing good. I'm being bad and putting it off until Summer because we want to go on vacation in the Spring.
Yes, let's keep each other updated with our surgeries. And give each other support! Hopefully others will join us here. 😘
Ahhhh 🥰🥰🥰🥰 Well I think you are allowed to want perfect boobs after what you went through. Yes I will definitely keep you updated on here, iv been researching surgeons so hopefully I can book a consultation in the near future. Good luck 😘😘😘 and enjoy your vacation xxx

Hello. I’m in the same situation - had my implants done just over 10 years ago now and want them removed without replacement. I’ve been researching surgeons in my local area as I went through a company last time and had to travel to London but that was pre children so want to be closer to home this time. I haven’t had a consultation yet but will look to do that in the next month. I’m more scared about surgery this time around before especially the anaesthetic, I wasn’t bothered first time around but am more anxious these days. I have enjoyed my boobs and the confidence they gave me but wish I wasn’t so vain back then, my priorities are totally different in my 30’s than my 20’s. I also found out from researching that I’ve got implants that have been recalled so another reason why they need removing.

• Heart
Hello. I’m in the same situation - had my implants done just over 10 years ago now and want them removed without replacement. I’ve been researching surgeons in my local area as I went through a company last time and had to travel to London but that was pre children so want to be closer to home this time. I haven’t had a consultation yet but will look to do that in the next month. I’m more scared about surgery this time around before especially the anaesthetic, I wasn’t bothered first time around but am more anxious these days. I have enjoyed my boobs and the confidence they gave me but wish I wasn’t so vain back then, my priorities are totally different in my 30’s than my 20’s. I also found out from researching that I’ve got implants that have been recalled so another reason why they need removing.
Sounds exactly like me, my priorities have changed too and I'm abit more anxious as well. Where did you find out your implants have been recalled? Be interesting to see if mine have.

Sounds exactly like me, my priorities have changed too and I'm abit more anxious as well. Where did you find out your implants have been recalled? Be interesting to see if mine have.
Just from searching explant surgery it came up that Allergan textured implants had been recalled in 2019 (I’ve moved a few times since surgery so haven’t a clue if anyone from the clinic tried to contact me about it). I know those are the implants I’ve got as I’ve still got the booklet and ID card for them stored at home. They don’t use them anymore but advise isn’t to get them removed unless you’ve got issues or you want them removed. I’ve narrowed my search to a couple of surgeons here so will book a consult next month as I’m getting a bonus in work end of the month which should hopefully cover most of the cost of the procedure. It’s all so nerve wracking! X

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just from searching explant surgery it came up that Allergan textured implants had been recalled in 2019 (I’ve moved a few times since surgery so haven’t a clue if anyone from the clinic tried to contact me about it). I know those are the implants I’ve got as I’ve still got the booklet and ID card for them stored at home. They don’t use them anymore but advise isn’t to get them removed unless you’ve got issues or you want them removed. I’ve narrowed my search to a couple of surgeons here so will book a consult next month as I’m getting a bonus in work end of the month which should hopefully cover most of the cost of the procedure. It’s all so nerve wracking! X
Oh wow i didn't know that. I have got all my info still so will have a look at mine. I really do want them out now, and I don't want to replace with smaller ones. The big decision is to have an uplift or not. I'm 38 now and had a baby so things have....changed!!!!
But it is nerve wracking, it didn't bother me having them in but this seems a massive thing. Let me know how you go on xxxx

• Heart
Oh wow i didn't know that. I have got all my info still so will have a look at mine. I really do want them out now, and I don't want to replace with smaller ones. The big decision is to have an uplift or not. I'm 38 now and had a baby so things have....changed!!!!
But it is nerve wracking, it didn't bother me having them in but this seems a massive thing. Let me know how you go on xxxx
I’m the same age as you and also had a baby and breastfed him so things aren’t as they were and I don’t want to replace either, just want them out and will try and embrace the sag after 😂 will keep you posted! Xx

• Heart
Hey.. jumping on this thread. I really want my implants removed. But not sure where to start. Well, I do I would need to see a surgeon. But feel overwhelmed. Ive regretted my Implants since I got them 5 years ago.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Hey.. jumping on this thread. I really want my implants removed. But not sure where to start. Well, I do I would need to see a surgeon. But feel overwhelmed. Ive regretted my Implants since I got them 5 years ago.
Same here. I keep putting it off. I vow to make an appointment next week.

I feel selfish wanting to spend the money removing them, when I wasted so much getting them

Reactions: 4
Me too guys. I really want mine out. Especially since having my little boy and my priorities have changed. Iv had a look at a few surgeons but feel abit overwhelmed with the choice of who to go with in a way.

I’ve found 2 surgeons that sound good to me based on reviews but just need to book a consultation with them once I’ve saved a little bit more up for the op. I think il feel less daunted once I’ve spoken to them and got the ball rolling. Just want them out now especially now I know I’ve got ones that have been recalled.

I’m looking at explant too. Had my implants 9 years ago (allergans that have been recalled) but now I’ve had my LO I just want them out. Absolutely do not regret them but I can’t keep getting them replaced every 10 odd years (didn’t think about that when 23).

Think I’ve found a surgeon so building up the courage to book a consultation. Really apprehensive about the op, recovery and guilt over spending a big chunk of my inheritance on this.

Can I ask how much it roughly costs please? I’ve had mine in 14 years and I definitely need to make a decision sooner rather than later! 😭

Can I ask how much it roughly costs please? I’ve had mine in 14 years and I definitely need to make a decision sooner rather than later! 😭
the hospital I’m looking at is about £5k but it seems to vary (I’m in south west England).

• Wow