Breast implant removal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that just for them out with no new implant or uplift?! God that’s worse than I thought 😭😭😭😭 xx
It was for removal and uplift. The removal only was £4K as a guidance but the website said you’d get proper quote once you’ve had a consultation which is £150. Yeah not cheap at all, I think my initial surgery was about £6k 11 years ago.

Reactions: 2
Can I ask how much it roughly costs please? I’ve had mine in 14 years and I definitely need to make a decision sooner rather than later! 😭
I’m in the south and the surgeons secretary told me £4-7k as an estimate

I had a mini consultation this evening about explant. Surgeon was so incredibly nice & informative and will 100% go ahead with him. I just need to decide if I want to have an MRI scan and leave them in or go ahead with removal and fat transfer.

Have no idea what to do, if I take the plunge and just get them out now so it’s done with or keep them for longer

I finally went in to see about removing mine but it turns out that my breast cancer has returned. I have to wait until we get it stabilized before I can have them removed. Everything is looking good though.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just back to update this thread - I’ve finally booked for the consultation with the surgeon. It’s tomorrow after work. Need to get them out now I’ve procrastinated too long. Nervous but just want it done.

Reactions: 1
I had my implants removed a year ago May. There was some extra tissue that needed to be removed and the doctor wanted to wait six months to do it. But it ended up being a year. Everything was finished up this May. I am now breast free. It doesn't even bother me being flat chested clothing wise. Unfortunately I have metastatic breast cancer and will have it for the rest of my life. I'm doing great though. I'm taking ibrance and letrozal.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Glad it went ok for you and you are doing well. So sorry you have cancer though.
How was the recovery from the surgery? Was it easier than having the initial surgery? I’m a single parent this time around so can’t just chill at home quietly post op 🤣

Glad it went ok for you and you are doing well. So sorry you have cancer though.
How was the recovery from the surgery? Was it easier than having the initial surgery? I’m a single parent this time around so can’t just chill at home quietly post op 🤣
The one a year ago was a little harder because of the drains. But over all not bad. This recent one was pretty easy, no drains. The worst part was sponge bathing instead of showers for two weeks. But it was really good. Thanks and good luck to you.

• Heart
I had my implants removed last April, had them for 12YRS, they were just too big after weight gain my boobs felt so heavy. Then I found out that the implants I had were recalled in 2019 so it was a no brainer I had to get them out. I had mastoplexy surgery as well as I had quite a bit of natural breast tissue due to the weight gain, my surgeon said that when they removed the implants then sat me up my boobs were hanging near my belly button 😅
I am now a small C cup and I absolutely love my natural boobs, was an A cup before implants.
The recovery was really easy, could lift my arms above my head straight after surgery although I tried my best not to, no pain at all just tightness with the swelling. Honestly was the best decision I made, do not miss my implants at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Good to hear some positive stories.

Mine are 13 years old now and starting to feel uncomfortable. I had a mastoplexy first time around but have breast fed my kid plus gained some weight since having the implants in so I’m expecting some sag too. Just want to get it done now, the more I dither about it the more anxious il get!

Just back to update this thread - I’ve finally booked for the consultation with the surgeon. It’s tomorrow after work. Need to get them out now I’ve procrastinated too long. Nervous but just want it done.
How did the consultation go?

Really well thanks. The surgeon was so thorough and went through lots of options with me. I’ve decided to have them out, with a partial capsulectomy. Just waiting on a mammogram now and then for him to write to me with the costings before I have to book a date with his secretary. Still quite nervous but just want to get it done. Will keep this thread updated with the process.

Really well thanks. The surgeon was so thorough and went through lots of options with me. I’ve decided to have them out, with a partial capsulectomy. Just waiting on a mammogram now and then for him to write to me with the costings before I have to book a date with his secretary. Still quite nervous but just want to get it done. Will keep this thread updated with the process.
Glad it went well & you’ve come to a decision. I’m sure all will be ok when the date comes round :).

• Heart