Brands you've stopped buying because of influencers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else boycotted a brand because of influencers?

Samsung
For the last 5+ years they're always sponsoring massive apple fans to post a few times pretending they're so into the new Samsung tech for cash. It's so transparent and ridiculous. They often post "how amazing is the new Samsung galaxy - posted from my iPhone" 🙄

How difficult would it really be to only sponsor influencers that actually use the brand? Zero credibility.

Reactions: 4
Yip, couple of smallish Irish brands that seemed to do nothing other than send clothes to influencers, why should I pick up the cost for that, which I expect I do. Also an Irish tan brand is on my shitlist too, really enjoyed the stuff but their involvement with an influencer turned me sick.
Companies large and small need to do better.

PE with Joe app.. can't stand the block.
Most other brands are British brands and i am not based in the UK.. but i do avoid clicking on any aff link since i heard they still get a commission if you buy anything else severl days later...amazon

Estrid
Skillshare
Desenio
Hello Fresh
Any crappy "shopping" app like ShopTagger

Reactions: 6
Hello Fresh
AO - For sending influencers very expensive appliances
Desenio
All those crappy brands like Wilde and Readly where a years worth of ads are pumped out.

Charlotte Tilbury is so overrated. I’ve purposely avoided trying Dyson hair appliances, hello fresh, athleisure brands etc. because of influencers. Look Fantastic is problematic but I get good discount codes (not aff links 🤢) so still shop there. Also don’t buy from a massive vegan brand that I used to love because their comms person is a twit. I love my Ninja air fryer but they give the top end range away to any old duffer so I’d only buy from brands who do this when they’re heavily discounted.

Reactions: 3
Charlotte Tilbury is so overrated. I’ve purposely avoided trying Dyson hair appliances, hello fresh, athleisure brands etc. because of influencers. Look Fantastic is problematic but I get good discount codes (not aff links 🤢) so still shop there. Also don’t buy from a massive vegan brand that I used to love because their comms person is a twit. I love my Ninja air fryer but they give the top end range away to any old duffer so I’d only buy from brands who do this when they’re heavily discounted.
Ninja is like one of the handful of brands sold in stores near me. I don’t love them because they don’t have a repair policy and the solution they offered would end up costing more than a brand new item. I’ve tried out a lot of different kitchen brands and the only two I like are Dash (still very social media-y 😕) and Breville.

I can’t say I’ve boycotted anything because of an influencer. However, I saw tattlers saying they were going to boycott Apple products in the wake of Astroworld which got my gears turning. I am definitely in awe of those people and I’ll keep them in mind when I am gadget shopping. Oura and Whoop are supposedly good fitness watches and as I don’t own one, if I go down that path, I’ll be steering towards them instead of Apple.

"I would like to thank the sponsors of the video"
- BetterHelp
- Nord VPN
- Hello Fresh

Never used and never will

Reactions: 3
The Bodyshop - The brand was sponsoring velvetgh0st a very toxic and problematic youtuber.
Is anyone even buying bodyshop products nowadays?

Reactions: 1
Looked at buying a Polene bag for the longest time. On a trip to Paris, queued for 2hrs to get into the shop only for everything to be out of stock (also out of stock online). Then see they’re gifting to numerous influencers and have since done a price increase. Won’t be supporting them at all now.

• Wow
Reactions: 1