Bra shopping

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most places fit bras wrong, as they +4in to the band. M&S are shocking for it. Bravissimo would be best.
Yeh I know not to do that. 👌

Bravissimo. Avoid M&S like the plague, they plus 4 everyone which is not correct.

Never had a bad fitting bra at Bravissimo but I do think it depends on your store. My local are fab.

There are some local independents Ive used where I live too who are good and dont plus 4 either.

Check out Boob or Bust online and on Facebook. For non wired bras I wear Molke bras. Theyre so comfy and supportive for my cups. I wear a 30GG / 32 G and Im not overly big busted.
I'll lookup Molke, thanks.

Just googled Boob or Bust, will definitely enter my measurements. Currently stuck under a sleeping puppy 🤣

Reactions: 1
So strange how mixed people feel about m&s..

I had my first ever bra fitting in there about 4 years ago and it was the most awful experience ever.. the size they tried to tell me I was and the bra styles they gave me to try on .. ugh. I almost cried. I made some excuse to leave and never went back.

I nipped in annsummers as it was a few stores down and the size and bras were comfortable. Wouldn’t recommend for longevity but ugh it was a much nicer experience than m&s for fitting

I agree about M&S fittings, they are not great. Their bras are good though especially in the sale.

I think I will try Bravissimo next after seeing these comments.

Reactions: 2
Another vote for bravissimo for fittings if you can!
and also boob or bust is so good for home measuring as well! Plus it explains how bras should fit etc
Boux Avenue do lovely pretty bras but can run small in terms of sizing. Marks and Spencers and Debenhams do affordable options but again can be hit and miss with sizing.

I always bought my bras from M&S as I found them the comfiest but I had a bra fitting in Victoria secrets once and I was wearing 2 sizes bigger than what I was I couldn’t believe it! The woman was so nice she picked out all the bras that would suit me the best and honestly I wouldn’t buy them from anywhere else now, yes they’re pricey but so worth it and the quality is so good. I tend to wait till they have sale on and get a few then ☺

M&S never last well, the underwire always comes out and tries to stab me to death. Bravissimo are great for fittings, but the only bra I ever buy now is Elomi Cate. I have one is nearly every colour. I'm 38FF and they give a lovely shape and make them appear smaller.

I have really big boobs (36J) and I find it near impossible to find good bras! There’s a lady on Instagram called Bellarosa that does virtual bra fittings or comes to your house! She’s incredible and has so much stock, she fits by eye not tape measure and her results are always so good! She tells you what bras fit your breast shape and what will look the best on you! It’s around £10/15 for a fitting but it’s well worth it! X

I’m a 34C and I love Maidenform for bras. They are quite supportive and offer different styles like minimizers if that’s your thing. I also found a pretty good bra in women’secret, but they only go up to E cup.

I'm a 32E/F depending on the make and always end up back at Rigby & Peller. They are seriously expensive but I'm always happier with the fit than anywhere else. Victoria's Secret don't do my size, or at least they didn't when I asked them, and M&S bra's don't fit me properly and make me look like a bit saggy and fat (I don't even have saggy boobs yet!). I had a bra fitted in Bravissimo and whilst it did give good support and shape etc after a few hours wearing I was really sore in the centre of the chest where the underwires were so tight to the chest. I know that's just one bra but it put me off going back! R&P are twice the price though so I hand wash the bras and have less of them than I probably would if I could buy them cheaper elsewhere.

For people with a larger cup size I would really recommend Miss Mandalay. Beautiful bras, non-frumpy and without the really wide straps or 3 hook fastenings. They also do bra-sized swimwear.

I was the same, changed boob size over lockdown and lived in sports bras. I didn’t want to buy a wired bra, so I have bought one from Sloggi. It’s the comfiest bra ever, no underwire but padded so you still have some shape, so light, I genuinely barely notice I have it on! A hug for my boobs. It’s not the most attractive but for day to day it’s perfect.