Bra shopping

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am in desperate need to buy some new bras since I've put on a bit on weight and now actually have boobs!

Where do you girls recommend for comfy well fitting bras?

Reactions: 1
It’s Marks and Spencer’s all the way for me! They’re doing bra fittings again now too

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Would really depend on your budget and what’s near to you I guess. Are you looking to be fit for the right size? Bravissimo are highly rated at fitting and I went to Rigby and Peller for a fitting a few years ago and that was a revelation - but they’re only based in London I think.

Obviously there is a lot more choice if you are a small back and cup size, particularly on the high street. I’ve never had a fitting in M&S but I don’t rate their bras for longevity, the underwire tends to come out of one of the cups quite quickly for some reason. They do have a lot of choice, but for bigger cup sizes they can be quite matronly.

Reactions: 4
I reckon I'm a 30dd, if I'm not adding 5 to my band size (which I believe is not the done thing any more)
Bravissimo would need to be online, could go to M&S though. Are they doing fittings RN?

I reckon I'm a 30dd, if I'm not adding 5 to my band size (which I believe is not the done thing any more)
Bravissimo would need to be online, could go to M&S though. Are they doing fittings RN?
I personally wouldn’t recommend M&S for fittings. I’ve had a few done by them in various stores and it’s always been utterly ridiculous. I have a large set of boobs - I wear a 34F and the ladies in M&S were trying to tell me I was a B cup.... to the point of getting me to try on B cup bras.... it was nonsense!!!!
Get an idea of your measurements using an online fitting guide and then go into store and just try on loads of bras in various sizes and styles. If you go up a cup size try then going down a back size until you get the right fit. Bravissimo are very good for in store fittings if you can get to one but they are pricey for buying bras in store.

Reactions: 8
Debenhams is great for bras for bigger busts (and small too), they have a closing down sale on right now and I got a lot of bras for cheap! I wear a 34G so it’s hard to find nice looking, supportive bras

Reactions: 2
Debenhams was always my go to and Bravissimo but as already said they are more expensive. I can't shop in M&S as for some reason they don't do FF cups which I think is ridiculous.

M&S always. They last forever too. Their bras are lovely and comfy I always wear the t shirt bras they come in a two pack for about £16.

Reactions: 3
Boux Avenue for me, I love them! A bit more pricey than M&S in general but soo pretty and I always find the fit really good and long lasting. They also measure you for whatever specific bra you're after, rather than trying to give you an all encompassing size, which I quite like as often a balconette bra can fit a little differently to a T-Shirt bra etc

*hasn’t worn a bra in over a year and can’t relate* 😭

when I did used to wear them I found M&S to be comfortable and well lasting (don’t get fitted there though as they are a bit crap I found). also liked boux Avenue, Debenhams, TK Max have sometimes got good bargains on expensive designer underwear!

I’m a 36E so I’ve got quite big knockers and you can’t beat M&S ! I always get their sumptuously soft range of bras .. I think I have about 3 or 4 !

I am in desperate need to buy some new bras since I've put on a bit on weight and now actually have boobs!

Where do you girls recommend for comfy well fitting bras?
I have usually always bought mine from Mark’s & Spencer, because they would offer a bra fitting service too. They are always good and there is nothing to compare with a proper bra fitting, done with a tape measure and not done with just the eye!

I recently had a virtual bra fitting from Bravissimo, which was a strange experience! 🤣 To be honest, I really wasn’t that impressed, as having since bought a bra from them, the straps STILL slip down, the bra feels like armour plating and I felt it was a complete waste of money, as I have gone back to using my old bras. Bravissimo do have a nice choice of bras, but what I wanted and what the lady recommended for me, didn’t quite match. 🥴

I wanted a racerback type of bra, where the straps don’t sit on your shoulders. I always have an issue with straps, they never seem to want to stay in place.

Last edited:
Most places fit bras wrong, as they +4in to the band. M&S are shocking for it. Bravissimo would be best.

Reactions: 3
Since my early teens I’ve gone for M&S bras and I do find them best for me but I don’t really have much in the boob department 😂 I’ve started wearing a lot of wireless and sports bra type bras they’re sooo comfy! Some aren’t the best looking but I’ve decided comfort comes first these days!

Bravissimo. Avoid M&S like the plague, they plus 4 everyone which is not correct.

Never had a bad fitting bra at Bravissimo but I do think it depends on your store. My local are fab.

There are some local independents Ive used where I live too who are good and dont plus 4 either.

Check out Boob or Bust online and on Facebook. For non wired bras I wear Molke bras. Theyre so comfy and supportive for my cups. I wear a 30GG / 32 G and Im not overly big busted.

Reactions: 7
Bravissimo. Avoid M&S like the plague, they plus 4 everyone which is not correct.

Never had a bad fitting bra at Bravissimo but I do think it depends on your store. My local are fab.

There are some local independents Ive used where I live too who are good and dont plus 4 either.

Check out Boob or Bust online and on Facebook. For non wired bras I wear Molke bras. Theyre so comfy and supportive for my cups. I wear a 30GG / 32 G and Im not overly big busted.
Agree, Boob or Bust is an eye opener.