Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
Also Iā€™m in two minds about immigrants supporting the NHS. Great for us and god knows the NHS needs them, the great lumbering behemoth of bureaucracy it is. But I canā€™t ignore (as the daughter of an immigrant from Ghana) itā€™s an absolute resource rape of their birth country who probably could use their skills to improve the situation there. Itā€™s just a modern day route of keeping those nations down under the western thumb, by cherry picking away
Yeah that argument I've never really understood. It's not good to under fund the training for medical professionals and rely on draining them from other countries. We need long term plans to avoid this, but any government just looks for the short term of their next election.

My bother works in a hospital and he's said some mothers are forced to leave their young children to come work the other side of the world in the UK to send back money and only get to visit them twice a year.

Reactions: 1

MunkyMagic

~ snip ~​

Wonā€™t argue with much of that at all šŸ˜.

The only thing that bothered me about that Joe 500 lies Farage spoof was the ā€œmigrants do the work you wonā€™t doā€ line - bit more complex than the unclean lazy oafs implication you make, o haughty middle classer who wrote it. Unskilled labouring jobs usually picked up by migrants are invariably zero contract hours. If you do pick up these jobs and for whatever reason you donā€™t get the hours to meet the bills, youā€™ve got a couple of weeks at least before universal credit kicks in so theyā€™re a risky option for stability and security. Also, migrants know how to play the game now, particularly with regard to HMOs. They simply claim theyā€™re all related so without costly evidence gathering, some councils turn a blind eye. Iā€™ve seen that go on in my own town. The last time there was a prosecution for here an unregistered HMO was 2012! Migrants know how to keep living costs low and have strong communities to help with accommodation etc.

Also Iā€™m in two minds about immigrants supporting the NHS. Great for us and god knows the NHS needs them, the great lumbering behemoth of bureaucracy it is. But I canā€™t ignore (as the daughter of an immigrant from Ghana) itā€™s an absolute resource rape of their birth country who probably could use their skills to improve the situation there. Itā€™s just a modern day route of keeping those nations down under the western thumb, by cherry picking away their valuably trained resources.​

HowLongOhLord

Johnson can be heard refusing to leave the flat and telling Symonds to ā€œget off my fucking laptopā€ before there is a loud crashing noise.

Symonds is heard saying Johnson had ruined a sofa with red wine: ā€œYou just donā€™t care for anything because youā€™re spoilt. You have no care for money or anything.ā€

The neighbour said: ā€œThere was a smashing sound of what sounded like plates. There was a couple of very loud screams that Iā€™m certain were Carrie and she was shouting to ā€˜get outā€™ a lot. She was saying ā€˜get out of my flatā€™ and he was saying no. And then there was silence after the screaming
Police called to loud altercation at Boris Johnson's home

Will he be suspended from the party whip, pending an investigation? I doubt it. This does not let Mark Field off the hook though.

HowLongOhLord

Good news for Hunty McHuntPhace, but bad news for Remainers! šŸ˜¦ Thicky Duncan Smith has now been appointed as Johnson';s campaign manager. o_O, which probably means Hunty will win the leadership contest.

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
I'm not entirely sure what I think about the notion Johnson's team have put out that he can basically do anything in his private life without any repercussion on his career as the two things are completely separate in their opinion and don't even warrant a basic explanation I just don't know ?