Booktubers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Simon Savidge's new video.... how many times does he say I was meant to be doing this and didnt? As we said before, he's taking on more then he can handle and should stop for his own sake before he totally burns out

Reactions: 1
Simon Savidge's new video.... how many times does he say I was meant to be doing this and didnt? As we said before, he's taking on more then he can handle and should stop for his own sake before he totally burns out
It's laughable at this point. He takes on way too much and then never follows up. I can't even take his wrap-ups seriously anymore because I'm sure he skim-reads most stuff. All of his reading just feels like an assignment or project now. I was just watching his Women's Prize Longlist predictions, and he's in the comments saying he and his Mum have already been sent the official list (stop trying to make Simon's Mum happen, please).

It's laughable at this point. He takes on way too much and then never follows up. I can't even take his wrap-ups seriously anymore because I'm sure he skim-reads most stuff. All of his reading just feels like an assignment or project now. I was just watching his Women's Prize Longlist predictions, and he's in the comments saying he and his Mum have already been sent the official list (stop trying to make Simon's Mum happen, please).
Yes, it's very cringey. I think she was fine just appearing in a few of his videos.
Not sure what she's called her channel, but "Simon Savidge's Mum" wouldn't surprise me ...

Reactions: 2
Yes, it's very cringey. I think she was fine just appearing in a few of his videos.
Not sure what she's called her channel, but "Simon Savidge's Mum" wouldn't surprise me ...
Louise Savidge Muses .. the algorithm suggests her to me all the time

Louise Savidge Muses .. the algorithm suggests her to me all the time
I watched a few of her videos and unless she improves the production values it won't really go anywhere. For me she's just a piggybacked channel off Simon and I've had enough of him, so I've unsubbed from both, lol.

I watch so few booktubers now, I really feel like a lot of the classic formats have gone stale and there's a lot more advertising than there used to be. The hobbyists don't upload as much (fair enough, they have a life) and if they move into being a full-time youtuber, they become unrelatable and I get sick of them.

Reactions: 6
Any other Noelle subscribers here? I don't know if I'm just misremembering her older videos or what, but has she just slowly added way more fake laughter and forced cheeriness into her videos bit by bit? I lowkey wish she would chill with the fake laugh after every single line and comment, enough of her audience must be old enough to enjoy the content without needing the cheeriness to be at a 10 the whole time...

Also I thought that the 50 books in a few months was highly unrealistic, especially at the pace she was going, I don't know what she was thinking even attempting that. I'm generally into her videos, and feel like she has slowly grown in her reading takes, and reading more for her degree has probably helped that.

She's clearly making another piece with Ana Luisa, mythology inspired, and I genuinely wonder how it came to be that she got to make a single piece with them, let alone two! I mean, good on her, she must've sold really well to make it happen again!
I don't enjoy her videos as much anymore. I understand she's got a lot going on with finishing the degree and planning the wedding, but she definitely seems like she doesn't enjoy making YouTube videos anymore either.

Does this annoy anyone else? He sounds so ungrateful and privileged! Clearly he’s not worried about sustainability with the hundreds of books in his library!
My opinion of him has taken such a dive in the past year or so. He's such a negative presence on SM even when he's trying to do something positive. He's hardly zero waste in any other aspect of his life. Always takes the whingy, spoilt route. "Waaah, my free books aren't in the right box!" Do one.

Reactions: 8
My opinion of him has taken such a dive in the past year or so. He's such a negative presence on SM even when he's trying to do something positive. He's hardly zero waste in any other aspect of his life. Always takes the whingy, spoilt route. "Waaah, my free books aren't in the right box!" Do one.
Yes, he really manages to make a mountain out of a mole hill doesn't he? The amount of sh*t going on in the world and he's complaining over a Jiffy bag.

Reactions: 6
Does this annoy anyone else? He sounds so ungrateful and privileged! Clearly he’s not worried about sustainability with the hundreds of paper books in his library!
It’s also like… I doubt all the publishers that send him things are diligently checking his feed, maybe one or two will see it but not all, so they’ll just keep doing it. If he actually wanted them to know he’d communicate it directly, rather than making a performance of it on socials.
(This has come up as an issue for influencers generally, so it’s his business if he wants to post about it, but it rubs me the wrong way to address the message Dear Publishers… :rolleyes: )

Reactions: 9
Does this annoy anyone else? He sounds so ungrateful and privileged! Clearly he’s not worried about sustainability with the hundreds of paper books in his library!
Yep. I am annoyed. I don't watch him now as I was permanently annoyed lol
He's got a 40th birthday Amazon wishlist. I don't know how he has the cheek. He says people ask if he has a wishlist, so he made one. If it were me I'd link to a small charity that people could donate to instead.

Reactions: 4
it's the season to be annoyed I think.. anyone else noticed the MASSIVE amount of jump cuts in GK Reads Irish video?

What are people's thoughts about owning a book and then choosing to listen to it via audiobook? I think there's nothing wrong with audiobooks, but if you own the book you want to read, then why not read it in the format you already have.

Reactions: 3
What are people's thoughts about owning a book and then choosing to listen to it via audiobook? I think there's nothing wrong with audiobooks, but if you own the book you want to read, then why not read it in the format you already have.
Some people like to read along with the audiobook. And some just like to own every book they read I guess haha

I do this sometimes but it's more of a convenience thing so I can read the books I have faster. I can listen to audiobooks at work, driving, doing housework, etc. whereas I have to be sitting down and concentrating more reading a physical book.

May I answer this although I do not have a channel?

Sometimes I am not liking the book in thw written way but the audiobook will tell the story in a new way that makes it exciting to me. It is especially if the author reads the audiobook.

I know what you mean, but I guess it's a matter of what you want your collection to reflect. I know some people will only ever buy a book if they've already read it (from the library) and loved it, and some who will immediately unhaul a book if it's not a 4 or 5 star read. So I guess if your collection reflects your favourites, there's less of a pressure to read it physically, just to love it and enjoy it enough to want it to be in the collection.

I often have concentration issues and an audiobook always helps me get into a book. I don't usually buy an audiobook on top of owning a physical copy, but I check if my library has it, or in case of old classics I often find them on Spotify. Then I start listening while doing laundry or going for a walk, and once I'm really immersed in the story it's easier to continue reading.

I often have concentration issues and an audiobook always helps me get into a book. I don't usually buy an audiobook on top of owning a physical copy, but I check if my library has it, or in case of old classics I often find them on Spotify. Then I start listening while doing laundry or going for a walk, and once I'm really immersed in the story it's easier to continue reading.
This is what I've started doing recently as well!

I wouldn't pay again for an audiobook but have started listening to audiobooks from the library then swapping over to the ebook or physical book I already own once I'm into it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.