Booktubers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone seen this comment on Lauren and the Books’s insta? Bit of a pathetic response if you ask me 🤐

4455F983-E48E-461A-A1C1-B25BE9A65112.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Anyone seen this comment on Lauren and the Books’s insta? Bit of a pathetic response if you ask me 🤐

View attachment 1063947
Do you mean the comment is pathetic or Lauren's response?

Just from the screenshot that post does look misjudged. I get that she was going for a cute post about how they're isolating together on Valentine's Day but for someone who works in the NHS to hold up a positive covid test like it's a fun prop is tone deaf. Without that, it would be fine but yeah it's weird to me that she's made it into a cute matchy-matchy thing.

Reactions: 6

View attachment 1063947
😬😬😬

I mean, I feel bad for the person, but 'How can you smile when you both have covid?' is a ridiculously unfair question. Do all of the millions of people who've had it have to be depressed the whole time they've got it? She's not even allowed to be happy? If they would have said something like 'don't make light of it' then I would get it, but the idea of being angry that they're still in good spirits is misguided anger.

Reactions: 15
😬😬😬

I mean, I feel bad for the person, but 'How can you smile when you both have covid?' is a ridiculously unfair question. Do all of the millions of people who've had it have to be depressed the whole time they've got it? She's not even allowed to be happy? If they would have said something like 'don't make light of it' then I would get it, but the idea of being angry that they're still in good spirits is misguided anger.
I would agree completely if they weren't holding the tests up and grinning with them, that feels off to me. I know it wasn't intended maliciously but it's almost like "haha lol silly us!" when for some people like that person's parents a positive test was/can be a death sentence. I think it's easy to forget how scary it was pre-vaccine. If they weren't holding up the tests, it wouldn't bother me at all.

Reactions: 12
I don't have any issue with the smiley, matched outfit thing, but holding the covid tests up is crass.

Reactions: 8
Ugh, the matchy matchy outfit with the covid tests are in poor taste IMO, and Lauren should have known better to make light of it, but I think that commenter was being unfair. Plenty of people end up with little to no symptoms after being vaxxed so may as well make the best of isolation.

Reactions: 8
I'm going to give Lauren the benefit of the doubt here. I really don't think she meant for that to seem malicious but to outside eyes it does look very silly and borderline offensive. She's taken the pandemic very seriously so it's jarring to see her sat smiling with a Covid test. She just didn't think properly before posting IMO.

Reactions: 9
I think the photo would be fine but for them holding up the tests. Weird choice.

Anyone watched Lala’s new lowest rated books video? She seems to try to like books that others don’t. She describes the books ‘overwritten’ ‘bad dialogue’ etc etc and then be like ‘and I love it.’

Reactions: 2
Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 19.23.50.png

Look I love booktube, I watch a lot of videos and I take part in readathons but this is getting ridiculous.

Reactions: 5
View attachment 1064799

Look I love booktube, I watch a lot of videos and I take part in readathons but this is getting ridiculous.
Booktubers are a sensitive lot. And they all have their beef so publicly. BeccaandtheBooks and BookRoast had two of the biggest readathons across the same month and there was no drama.

Reactions: 10
Booktubers are a sensitive lot. And they all have their beef so publicly. BeccaandtheBooks and BookRoast had two of the biggest readathons across the same month and there was no drama.
I quite like them running at the same time too. If I want sprints then it means there are always ones available!

Booktube et al are so sensitive. Sometimes I really wonder how these people live day to day if they flip out over such small things.

Reactions: 3
I quite like them running at the same time too. If I want sprints then it means there are always ones available!

Booktube et al are so sensitive. Sometimes I really wonder how these people live day to day if they flip out over such small things.
Yeah good point!

They really are but I bet they wouldn’t say a word to anyone in person. They live through Twitter.

View attachment 1064799

I saw this and the person who had done it commented and apologised. Barb something I think. Now they’re not doing their readathon in the same month either. There was also a lot of indirect about them it seemed. Not heard of them before but seems like they’re being branded as always in drama

Do we think there's something going on between Jack Edwards and Steph Bohrer or are they just collabing cause she's in the UK? They went to the Brits together and now to France, seemingly alone... Bit sus

Reactions: 1
Do we think there's something going on between Jack Edwards and Steph Bohrer or are they just collabing cause she's in the UK? They went to the Brits together and now to France, seemingly alone... Bit sus
I-... I mean, stranger things have happened but man I am struggling to see that pairing! I hope she likes crappy puns.

Also, on whose channel did they collab? I'm struggling to find the video.

Jack seems like the kinda pretentious douche to use her for the romance readers viewership, while seeing himself as above her and other romance readers.

Reactions: 5
I-... I mean, stranger things have happened but man I am struggling to see that pairing! I hope she likes crappy puns.

Also, on whose channel did they collab? I'm struggling to find the video.

Jack seems like the kinda pretentious douche to use her for the romance readers viewership, while seeing himself as above her and other romance readers.
They haven't uploaded the collab yet, but they have both teased on insta stories that it's coming

Reactions: 1
I always get serious closeted gay vibes off him so prob not.. it's something played up for likes prolly

I just watched a recent Simon Savidge video, I think it was a book haul ... I couldn't cope with the amount of name dropping. Plus the rambling, going off on a tangent etc, is at an all time high. I wish he'd take a break and come back a bit calmer and more focused. I feel stressed watching him.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.