Booktubers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if he has the same name on twitter.. the account no longer exists

also her IG features a lot of lesbian fiction and she says BI in her bio... another woman perhaps?

Reactions: 1
if he has the same name on twitter.. the account no longer exists

also her IG features a lot of lesbian fiction and she says BI in her bio... another woman perhaps?
Okay, just for the fun of joining in, I diddd find the video she did with Tazmyn very... close

In any other situation, I'd be like 'oh, it's just two gals having a laugh', because I'm that close with my mates too. Howeverrrr, I did find myself thinking, if Tazmyn were a guy, and Emma was sat legs intertwined, leaning in with less than a foot between them and drinking, there'd be some raised eyebrows. And since they're both bi/queer, there really isn't the whole 'if X was a guy...' thing because, they both swing both ways! Long story short, it was a bit interesting, so that's just my little piece to fan the flames of this theory LOL

I’m not maternal really but Lauren Wade’s baby … 🥰🥰🥰
I watched her video with the baby earlier .. i don't do kids but her little one is so adorable... and lovely to see such natural interaction on camera from a YTuber with their child..

Reactions: 3
Simon Savidge just liked a comment I left 3 years ago 😅:unsure:
I've had tons of these recently. I didn't realise I was so active in his comments section :confused: I really need to unsubscribe from him next time I can be bothered with a clear-out.

Turns out you were right about Emma
Oh that's sad news. I was hoping everyone was wrong!

I think it was a really good video and I appreciated how seriously she took the topic mental health (including warning against books like A Little Life if you're in a dark place).

Last edited:
Oh gosh, I really doubted that we were right. Hope she’s doing ok, that’s really tough.

Edit: I wonder what they’ve done with Hippo

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Aw I hope she's okay, I'm genuinely sad to hear that. I hope she still gets to at least share her dog, that must make living alone a little less lonely.

And I know the comments about her cheating with a woman were a while ago but I want to add that I think it's cheap to say that just because she's bi, that's a really tired and ignorant stereotype used against bi people.

Reactions: 19
Oh gosh, I really doubted that we were right. Hope she’s doing ok, that’s really tough.

maybe Hippo went to live with her parents? She didn't seem like a dog who really thrived in the city.

same here.. I used to worry about her with all her mentions of mental health and therapy from someone who appears to come from a stable and loving family and as part of a fairly long relationship/marriage . Clearly from her choice of books she has a lot of issues to deal with - drinking, food issues, sexuality identity,secrets etc... I hope she's doing ok and getting the help she needs

I normally lurk here but Emma is my favourite booktuber and I was shocked when I heard she's living away from RG! I remember her saying in a super old video (maybe even blog post?) that they got married mainly for Visa reasons as RG is American, and she wasn't really bothered about marriage (happy to be corrected on this if I've misremembered or got this confused with someone else). Either way, I hope it was a mutual, or at the very least amicable, decision. And tbf she hasn't actually said they've split...

I hope she gets to see Hippo, but I agree with whoever said she doesn't seem like a city dog. She always seemed a lot happier in Emma's parents house (which is GORGEOUS by the way)

Reactions: 2
I can't get over when BeccaAndTheBooks complains about having such busy/hectic days when she rolls out of bed at 10am and goes to a hair/nail appointment and doesn't actually start "work" (see: reading for youtube or making her candles- which she isn't even doing this month) till the afternoon

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I can't get over when BeccaAndTheBooks complains about having such busy/hectic days when she rolls out of bed at 10am and goes to a hair/nail appointment and doesn't actually start "work" (see: reading for youtube or making her candles- which she isn't even doing this month) till the afternoon
Omg this is why I stopped watching her. Her days are so slow and at her own pace but then she seems to think it’s manic? If she had a proper routine she’d probably be on top of stuff much better. She’d be like I’m sooo tired but she’d have read til 4am then slept all morning and then ‘I’ll have some lunch’ and then I’ll do some labels. Bothered me so much.

Reactions: 5
I can't watch Simon Savidge anymore.. I started watching him during the 2020 lockdowns and it was cosy etc for a while but he's just getting less and less genuine.. from his IG and his first vlog of the yr he seems to be jumping on the bandwagon of the cool Booktubers and reading books that are totally out of his usual wheelhouse because they have recommended them.. I had the Nightbitch ARC and it was too much for me.. I DNF it.. I've seen him recommend a lot of books lately that are not his normal general populist fiction.. and I can't tell if he is genuinely diversifying his tastes or if he's bandwagon jumping

• Heart
I can't watch Simon Savidge anymore.. I started watching him during the 2020 lockdowns and it was cosy etc for a while but he's just getting less and less genuine.. from his IG and his first vlog of the yr he seems to be jumping on the bandwagon of the cool Booktubers and reading books that are totally out of his usual wheelhouse because they have recommended them.. I had the Nightbitch ARC and it was too much for me.. I DNF it.. I've seen him recommend a lot of books lately that are not his normal general populist fiction.. and I can't tell if he is genuinely diversifying his tastes or if he's bandwagon jumping
UGH he's just name dropped about 4 of them in 5 minutes... he really doesn't read the same type of books as any of them.. it seems so false

Definitely bandwagon jumping. He also seems to crawl up the backsides of certain authors even if their recent work is rubbished in reviews. I get bored of hearing the same author names being dropped.

Reactions: 5
Definitely bandwagon jumping. He also seems to crawl up the backsides of certain authors even if their recent work is rubbished in reviews. I get bored of hearing the same author names being dropped.
exactly.. I don't get the hype with Elif Shafak and TBH though I have enjoyed Bernardine Evaristos fiction. her memoir was a real disappointment.. and don't get me started on the several podcasters he plugs... zzzz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.