Booktubers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Out of nowhere but i really miss zoe's content from read by zoe. Her 24h readathon vlogs were very high quality and although the books we read didnt quite match, i liked her vibe. Still inspired me to read more. Also her dad seemed very kind, caring and fun. I hope she comes back.
I tried watching other channels but most booktubers (male/female) speak with very pitched voice or unrealistically high energy as it is a kids tv program and i feel like the high energy drains my energy

Reactions: 9
Seems like A Clockwork Reader is back… wonder how long she’s gonna stay this time
So irritating when people come and go for whatever reason. They always make one video like ‘I’m back!!!’ And then so often we don’t see them again for 6 months.

Also miss readbyzoe as someone mentioned above. Her vlogs were brill.

Reactions: 2
So irritating when people come and go for whatever reason. They always make one video like ‘I’m back!!!’ And then so often we don’t see them again for 6 months.

Also miss readbyzoe as someone mentioned above. Her vlogs were brill.
Yeah, I understand she struggles with her mental health and I really sympathize with her on that aspect, but it’s still frustrating

I just watched Books With Chloe's most recent reading vlog (from 2 days ago). She placed and acted out an audible ad a few mins into the video with her pink vintage phone prop. I found it really sly and sneaky. I don't mind ads at all but the way she went about it annoyed me. She also mentioned the discount code at the end of the video too and honestly it just left a bad taste in my mouth. Am I being petty here?!?

I've seen this video from Books and Chloe or Read with Chloe, who is doing a long distance relationship-inspired readathon as she is in one herself. Her video is of her going to the USA and surprising her boyfriend. Just from his reactions but I don't know if this guys as invested in the relationship as she is. Maybe he was shocked or something but he didn't really react to it at all.

Reactions: 1
I've seen this video from Books and Chloe or Read with Chloe, who is doing a long distance relationship-inspired readathon as she is in one herself. Her video is of her going to the USA and surprising her boyfriend. Just from his reactions but I don't know if this guys as invested in the relationship as she is. Maybe he was shocked or something but he didn't really react to it at all.
It's Chloe Reads Books, never watched her before so I don't know anything about her relationship other than just watching the surprising my boyfriend video. Yeah... I see what you mean. The one-armed hugs and understated response from Cole was unexpected but hopefully he was just shocked and overwhelmed? It'll be interesting to see their dynamic in future videos. I'm hoping we'll see a more affectionate side to him!

Reactions: 3
oh gosh I just watched it to see what you meant and it made me cringe a bit. I think she wanted some huge emotional moment for her video and he was so not bothered and she kept looking up to him like she wanted a kiss and he didn’t go in for one. Just from his and his dads outfits and Cole’s beard (lol) they seem a bit redneck so maybe he’s just not particularly expressive/emotional and probably was a bit uncomfortable about this big moment in front of their family. Can be quite hard with LDR talking to someone all the time, the relationship can be quite special and then in person it’s not the same.

Also sorry but I laughed about how she said she wanted nice outfits to look nice when she’s there with him and she turns up in grey hoodie and crocs. CROCS.

One petty thing that annoys me about Jean is that she always says 'on tenderhooks.' Surely, with all the books she's read in her 30 years of life she's seen the phrase written correctly?? :rolleyes:

• Wow
Seems like A Clockwork Reader is back… wonder how long she’s gonna stay this time
I started to watch the video and I was so irritated by her nail filing. She said that sometimes its hard to talk directly to camera but its also hard for me to focus on someone who doesn't address me when talking. I was also irritated by the occasional filing sound. 😖

Attachments

• Haha
Do we think anything fresh is going to happen in booktube anytime soon? I enjoy reading vlogs a lot but I’m finding sit down videos a bit stale at the moment. A few of the people I’m watching are just stuck in a cycle of TBR games and then readathons based off of their TBR games. Reading sprints and patreons. Lala used to be the fresh ideas woman who everyone copied and it’s still the case but she just does ‘secret tbr’ videos now and that’s not fresh as she’s been doing it for like 3 years.

Do we think anything fresh is going to happen in booktube anytime soon? I enjoy reading vlogs a lot but I’m finding sit down videos a bit stale at the moment. A few of the people I’m watching are just stuck in a cycle of TBR games and then readathons based off of their TBR games. Reading sprints and patreons. Lala used to be the fresh ideas woman who everyone copied and it’s still the case but she just does ‘secret tbr’ videos now and that’s not fresh as she’s been doing it for like 3 years.
iDk but then again I don't seem to watch a lot of the common booktubers ad haven't heard of many listed here. I do get a lot pop up on my suggestions but i think a lot of them are young Americans who read fantasy or romance .. not my thing.Plus I don't think a lot of them actually read the books. I saw one once called Katie Colson man she was irritating and seemed to collect books.. I got tired of seeing people say I bought this book IDK why or IDK what it's about .. why buy it then? Mind you Noelle Gallagher does that from time to time also

I really like carolynmariereads if anyone is looking for someone who talks more about classics, found out about her through the Dickens vs Tolstoy videos she does with Emma/Emmie (I dont watch her much so I'm not sure what her name actually is sorry) I like her Rory Gilmore readathons
Books like whoa is another good one as well

Reactions: 5
I really like carolynmariereads if anyone is looking for someone who talks more about classics, found out about her through the Dickens vs Tolstoy videos she does with Emma/Emmie (I dont watch her much so I'm not sure what her name actually is sorry) I like her Rory Gilmore readathons
Books like whoa is another good one as well
Ill check her i guess booktuber talking about classics will be like a fresh air. Like mentioned they mostly read same genres.
By the way i cant watch most of the booktubers because they give half-spoilers. They dont outright tell the book but they say stuff like "Omg this book has huge twist" yeah if so let me be surprised by it and dont ruin the book!
Also other things like "this book focuses on things that after xxx happens" yes but xxx happens at the page 40 so its not outright given and its less exciting if i know whats coming.
What i expect is talking about how it made you feel, did you feel connected to main character or opposite, do you consider reading again, and maybe your FIRST impressions of the characters etc.
I dont wanna know if that characters actions change later in the book, i wanna discover that by reading myself.
Its so rare to find booktubers that are careful about these stuff so i barely watch any videos these days ;/

Ill check her i guess booktuber talking about classics will be like a fresh air. Like mentioned they mostly read same genres.
By the way i cant watch most of the booktubers because they give half-spoilers. They dont outright tell the book but they say stuff like "Omg this book has huge twist" yeah if so let me be surprised by it and dont ruin the book!
Also other things like "this book focuses on things that after xxx happens" yes but xxx happens at the page 40 so its not outright given and its less exciting if i know whats coming.
What i expect is talking about how it made you feel, did you feel connected to main character or opposite, do you consider reading again, and maybe your FIRST impressions of the characters etc.
I dont wanna know if that characters actions change later in the book, i wanna discover that by reading myself.
Its so rare to find booktubers that are careful about these stuff so i barely watch any videos these days ;/
totally agree with you. I always hate when the say ‘there was a twist’ or ‘the twist was so good’. It’s such a spoiler to say that. I also tend to mute videos if they're talking about a book that I’m going to read soon or really want to read as they do tend to give a bit too much away sometimes.

• Heart
hailie’s just uploaded an update on her book to Instagram
I mean, I kinda feel bad but I kinda don't. I have. a few friends who are published authors and they tried for over a decade to get published. These booktubers get an audience and just assume that they can a) write a good book and b) they're a given for publishing because they're ✨popular on the internet✨. Genuinely, just get over yourself and keep trying. I know they think internet popularity is the ultimate green card, but it's not. Work on your craft, re-write it, try again.

Reactions: 13
Why not do what other booktubers do and self publish it? It's not complicated and she'll still have been a published author

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.