Booktubers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ha! of course. She can’t help but respond I suppose, given this is exacly the sort of ‘tea’ that she makes content about on videos.

with Cindy has commented in support on Caleb’s video, and another comment mentions that she also got some booktube people on her case a while ago? Does anyone know what that was about? I think I missed it!
It was from another one of those bloody CommuniTEA videos. I can't remember what Cindy was talking about that got her the attention, but I think the problem with book twitter is that none of them have a sense of humour and can't distinguish between someone being earnest and someone's dry sense of humour.

Jess' non-apology video irritated me, but I don't expect better from her. She doesn't seem to appreciate that if she stirs the pot by making stupid drama videos, she's part of the problem regardless of whether she remains 'neutral' or not. 'Raising awareness' of these twitter dramas just brings more attention to it and therefore to her.

Reactions: 6
Jess' non-apology video irritated me, but I don't expect better from her. She doesn't seem to appreciate that if she stirs the pot by making stupid drama videos, she's part of the problem regardless of whether she remains 'neutral' or not. 'Raising awareness' of these twitter dramas just brings more attention to it and therefore to her.
It annoyed me too. She complains about the internet culture of people attacking others, and I was just sat there thinking.... you literally thrived off of that culture and contributed to it in a big way in this community, but uh,... go off queen i guess.

I guess being on the receiving end of what she had spend ages dishing out got to her, for which I cannot feel much sympathy if I'm being truly honest.

She posted all the comments and honestly, I feel like she was trying to tarnish Caleb's brand a little, acting like his fans are rabid and abusive, when firstly, the reactions don't match up - one person had to leave YT because they were branded an ableist, and another got some comments saying they were wrong to do such bad reporting.
Secondly, I reckon a large chunk of those people aren't just purely Caleb fans, but people in general who are fed up with her, and used his cause to have a pop at her. I never sent a single comment, so I'm not excusing any, esp if they were genuinely rude, but I got the sense she was trying to rain on his little 'welcome back' parade.

Reactions: 5
Secondly, I reckon a large chunk of those people aren't just purely Caleb fans, but people in general who are fed up with her, and used his cause to have a pop at her.
Yeah, I think this is dead on. People in her comments section have become increasingly critical of her, usually politely. I don't know where she gets off telling people to mass unfollow certain authors or to not read certain books. If you give people the facts, they can make their own minds up, but people don't like being told what to do and what to think.

Reactions: 3
It really annoys me how Lauren and the Books has bought loads of stuff especially for her Outfits October challenge. Firstly, the point of outfit challenges is to be more creative with what you already have, not to buy things especially as if you're doing fancy dress every day for a month. Secondly she says she doesn't buy much new stuff but buying loads of stuff secondhand still plays into the consumerist ideals of capitalism and fast fashion and doesn't tackle the underlying issues that allow those things to thrive.
Didn't she even buy something brand new for the call the midwife outfit?! You're not supposed to buy things just to fit the challenge- especially new! That's the whole point! It took a lot of self control not to reply to her stories about that 😅

Reactions: 2
Didn't she even buy something brand new for the call the midwife outfit?! You're not supposed to buy things just to fit the challenge- especially new! That's the whole point! It took a lot of self control not to reply to her stories about that 😅
I couldn't have gone to work in that outfit. I'm not being awful (well, not much) but she buys such ill-fitting clothes.

I couldn't have gone to work in that outfit. I'm not being awful (well, not much) but she buys such ill-fitting clothes.
yeah the call the midwife outfit was a bit tragic imo.She says she made it wearable but I’m not so sure.

At least somebody called it out on the post…

(edit Cause I hid the commenters name only once)
Yeah I saw that. Her response is confusing though- she says you're right but then contradicts her and says she's fulfilling the point of the project. Can't tell if she's being passive aggressive or not aha

At least somebody called it out on the post…

(edit Cause I hid the commenters name only once)
That response makes no sense to me. The dress is the main part of the outfit so she's not really used much from her wardrobe at all for it, it's basically a new outfit. Re-using shoes and socks hardly counts.

That response makes no sense to me. The dress is the main part of the outfit so she's not really used much from her wardrobe at all for it, it's basically a new outfit. Re-using shoes and socks hardly counts.
Plus, that's not the only thing she's bought for it because she was posting all over her stories that she was looking on Depop for a Bridgerton dress. Secondhand or not, you're buying something especially for one occasion which isn't slow fashion OR shopping your wardrobe. Slow fashion isn't just buying secondhand, it's being conscious about consumerist habits.

The amount of books Jean hauls is insane! She's not even one of the huge, American YA booktubers. Where does she put them all? She sure as hell ain't reading them.

The amount of books Jean hauls is insane! She's not even one of the huge, American YA booktubers. Where does she put them all? She sure as hell ain't reading them.
I thought that as well. She said a lot of them have been sent by publishers- do they not think to say no to some of them? I'd be so annoyed if a publisher was sending me a bunch of middle grade books

I thought that as well. She said a lot of them have been sent by publishers- do they not think to say no to some of them? I'd be so annoyed if a publisher was sending me a bunch of middle grade books
Some publishers just send books out in the hope they are mentioned. They don't care as they don't cost a lot to produce a proof. I've been sent unsolicited books before and just thanked them on social media for it. Not much can be done after it arrives

Some publishers just send books out in the hope they are mentioned. They don't care as they don't cost a lot to produce a proof. I've been sent unsolicited books before and just thanked them on social media for it. Not much can be done after it arrives
I think with the paper shortage and shipping being delayed they'll start caring more now. But I definitely got a box of arcs one time after only asknig for one book

Does it annoy anyone else that UK booktubers are hawking Book of the Month WHEN IT DOESN'T EVEN SHIP TO THE UK?? Way to sell out for a paycheck, you couldn't even access the product if they weren't sending it to you for free.

Reactions: 15
So much 😩 I'm not from the UK but I'm from Europe haha, when I first saw European booktubers get sponsored by them I thought it was to announce they were delivering internationally 🤡 but good on them for getting that check, I always skip ads anyway 😂

Does it annoy anyone else that UK booktubers are hawking Book of the Month WHEN IT DOESN'T EVEN SHIP TO THE UK?? Way to sell out for a paycheck, you couldn't even access the product if they weren't sending it to you for free.
What?! That’s mad. I thought they shipped to the UK?! That’s mega crap. You can’t promote a product you can’t even use yourself 😭

I saw becca get it and in her video she said ‘they don’t ship to U.K. so I’m glad they reached out to work with me’ I was like what? Why are you promoting it then? I also doubt she will read those books, don’t seem her style at all.

Reactions: 4
It’s so bizarre! I presume they get the sponsorship because they have a decent % of US viewers. But its still annoying.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.