Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChristinaM

Hi, new member here and another long time lurker.
I actually knew Anna years ago and so have refrained from posting before but I guess the gifted Killyhevlin stay was the thing that finally prompted me to comment.
I just cannot get over it to be honest.
Life for Anna in lockdown is simply the same as life before lockdown. She really doesn't seem to do much other than 'stage' pictures of her home, her children and herself, so I'm unsure of why this hotel group would choose her as a 'worthy' recipient of a gifted stay.
As others have said, any frontline or essential worker - from nurses, porters, retail staff, postal staff, delivery staff and the countless others who have still got up every day and worked long, difficult hours - surely any of these people would be much more worthy candidates.
Or someone who has lost a family member, or who has been made redundant.
Of all the options, the Killyhevlin chose an already privileged 'instagrammer' who benefits from free clothes, appliances, furniture etc every single day. Surely the most troublesome thing for Anna during lockdown has been getting up to open the door to accept the latest gifted delivery.
I think it's massively poor judgement on behalf of the Killyhevlin, and a bad marketing decision in light of everything that is going on.
Had they chosen any of the above mentioned, I think it would have been more of an incentive for others to choose to spend their hard earned money there (which they have worked for during the pandemic - Anna has not).
It is also poor judgement on Anna's part. As others have said, she could have opened this up for a follower to enjoy.
Two 'staycations' coming up and many, many people are struggling to pay their bills. I just think it would be more astute in a business sense (as she is promoting herself as a business woman) to judge the mood of the general public and to promote herself and 'gift' her stay to someone else.
It would go a small way in being slightly redeeming in regards her rather 'grabby' behaviour - and that of her husband - who pops up every so often when there's a bit of extra profit to be made in promoting a mundane 'ad' Anna has already flogged. Why not make double digits eh?
What really, really bothered me was the sad news that DIGG Childrenswear is closing down. If you remember, this is the company that provided Anna with countless 'stories' at the beginning of the year as she flew about, once again spending money that wasn't hers, promoting herself off the back of DIGG'S fundraising/charity initiative.
Not even a mention of the business closing - perhaps she did though and I missed it (I apologise if she did) - but I thought this was so insensitive.
Here was a woman (DIGG) who invested time, money and effort to create an ACTUAL business and has suffered because of the pandemic.
Not a pretend business like Anna's social media consultancy.
Again, as others have said, her spelling, grammar and sentence construction is atrocious, and this applies to basic words.
Why would you pay for a 'service' like this?
It is shocking and unbelievable that she is passing herself off as an expert in this field.
There are so many things I could go on about - the breast feeding - wanting to savour all the 'special moments' that should be private but whipping out the camera at 2am for another boob shot; the hens/chicken saga (really?); the garden 'makeover'; the whole 'winging it' (no you are most definitely not).
The fact she has no interiors style whatsoever - her home is without a doubt beautiful, but it could be ANY house on instagram.
Panelling - ✔
Herringbone flooring - ✔
Oversized plants - ✔
Grey kitchen with a little cheeky F&B Railings island for a 'unique' contrast - ✔
The oh so fashionable 'boot room' - ✔
The 'so out there' pink sink cabinet - ✔
The jewel coloured fabric furniture which are already on the list to be replaced /reupholstered - ✔
I could go on and on, the list is endless.
Again, her home is beautiful but it is a straight look-a-like home, everyone elses 'insta' ideas all curated in the one place.

I do apologise for the long, long rant but I literally cannot get over her behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Jennyfromtheblock

Is she actually for real?! Talking about The few nights they’ve booked for the north coast and then dropping into the story that they’ve a gifted stay within weeks!

I used to really like Anna but she is so out of touch with reality it’s a joke!!! I would have LOVED nothing more than to have been able to stay safe at home and have cooking for my family be my only worry. Instead I was working on the front line, changing before I left work, then stripping off in my garage before heading straight to the shower before I even greeted a family member! I was absolutely petrified about bringing that effing virus home with me and making someone seriously ill.

don’t get me wrong I’m pleased I’ve not lost my job or came in anyway close to losing it but this feels like a slap in the face. Call me selfish but I would have preferred to have been furloughed on 80% of my basic wage instead of working 60+ hours a week in full PPE and still risk bringing the virus home.

Sickens me to see people like her get handed gifted stays when there are others so much more deserving of them! I understand she is a business but she could have handled this so much better. Even “The lovely people at (insert hotel) offered me a gifted weekend stay but instead I want to pay it forward by giving it to a front line essential worker who has worked tirelessly during the pandemic to keep us all safe.” Or even donate the £££ of the gifted stay to NHS charities or the NI alternative.

also I really hope I haven’t came across as ungrateful in my post. I am so thankful for my job and that it’s not at risk. My heart seriously goes out to those who’s health and/or income has been affected by the virus.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

"We haven't been out for a walk since the start of lockdown 12 weeks ago"

Exhibit A Screenshot_20200606_170937_com.instagram.android.jpg she specifically mentions long walks brightening their days.

Exhibit B Screenshot_20200606_170956_com.instagram.android.jpg "Ain't no walk like a lockdown walk"... 1 month ago today 🙄

Exhibit C Screenshot_20200606_171014_com.instagram.android.jpg She used #plentyofwalksandcuddles

She should start using #liar on all her posts! As many lies as there are ads, probably more 🤷

And that's me only scrolling back as far as last month. No doubt there would be more if I went to April and March too!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Whatthechuff

I work in PR- the influencer strategy is going down the pan. Whilst I don’t work for the hospitality industry surely with what’s going on with COVID you would expect them to move away from the normal influencer strategy. It’s shocking marketing on their part. Blocking people for having an opinion is not dealing with it. Clearly they don’t have professionals who know what they are doing. Anna of all people should know how to handle this one. She calls herself a social media consultant? What even is that?! I have yet to see her work on projects. Anyone else? The only reason she can live a lifestyle is because of freebies and copious amounts of money through affiliate links etc. I’m sorry but I would rather have a ‘normal’ job that’s not paid as well and keep my integrity as well as allow my kids to actually have a childhood. And one that years down the line they won’t be embarrassed by! Imagine them as teenagers looking back on her mother’s Instagram?!

Reactions: 15
Does this girl ever stop?
New sofa...following three holidays. Would be different if she needed it but nope. Is it even two years old? I wonder who she has copied this time.
Now we wait with baited breath for the 'styled' picture of the new sofa. Just obscene.
I await the witty caption with baited breathe (if you know, you know) 😉

I think we need a bingo card for the big reveal 😛

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
I am absolutely fuming, have just seen that they have been “invited” to stay at The Killyhevlin Resort in a few weeks. There are tonnes of families who are so in need of a few days away after what they have been through in the last few months - single parents, those who have been caring for people with disabilities... The cost of these freebies have to be covered by someone - namely the paying customers, families who have scrimped and saved for a short break yet these freeloaders just have to turn up and look pretty. This makes me so cross, if anyone from The Killyhevlin is reading this it is poor optics and lazy marketing. I avoid hotels that offer freebies to bloggers. Or even better Blossomingbirds, if you are reading this which I suspect you do why don’t you refuse it and run a draw for someone who deserves it.

• Heart

Sweetholls

As someone also on the front line I can’t tell you how pathethic her existence is as I come home from a long shift, to an update from her kitchen for the thousandth time about her Much needed coffee, baby waking her up, chickens, funny quip about Colin. Don’t envy her it’s a sad existence she won’t even be present at the hotel she will be on her phone trying to look for opportunities to show off to strangers on the internet.

Sweetholls

Funny.. when someone poses any sort of challenge in my job I can’t just hit block and pretend they don’t exist. Oh wait sorry I live in the real world and have a real job

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Lezzab

I am absolutely fuming, have just seen that they have been “invited” to stay at The Killyhevlin Resort in a few weeks. There are tonnes of families who are so in need of a few days away after what they have been through in the last few months - single parents, those who have been caring for people with disabilities... The cost of these freebies have to be covered by someone - namely the paying customers, families who have scrimped and saved for a short break yet these freeloaders just have to turn up and look pretty. This makes me so cross, if anyone from The Killyhevlin is reading this it is poor optics and lazy marketing. I avoid hotels that offer freebies to bloggers. Or even better Blossomingbirds, if you are reading this which I suspect you do why don’t you refuse it and run a draw for someone who deserves it.
Absolutely! I have worked my ass off as a nurse all through this pandemic on the frontline and would kill for a wee break away and when i see this it enrages me! Not saying I should get it but as you say there are people far more deserving than someone whose life is a buckin holiday 😡

Reactions: 13

lainey5180

Living near to Killyhevlin Hotel, we have enjoyed many a meal, spa day and walk around the Killy. Absolutley disgusted that they are gifting a break to an insta hun! If Anna had any wit she should be gifting the stay at the hotel to the front line staff be that the lorry drivers who delivered food to the shops or the shop workers or the forgotten cleaners etc. Very poor taste Anna looking to get away from the kitchen. Many would have loved to be safe in their kitchens but instead were working frontline!

Jennyfromtheblock

Did u set up a new account incase u got blocked by her ? Am genuinley interested to know why people dont feel comfortable complaining from their personal accounts.
I don’t follow her anymore and I haven’t done for months so it wouldn’t bother me getting blocked from her account. My reason for not sending it from my own account was because tattlers (rightly or wrongly) have a reputation on Instagram of being trolls and bullies and just really negative people. I’m neither of those things and I don’t believe people who have commented on this thread are (there could well be people who are bullies and trolls on this thread and others but I haven’t read every comment).

I think if you’ve commented negatively on the post even if you aren’t on tattle you will be accused of being a tattler because it’s what we are discussing on here at the moment. Honestly I don’t want my inbox inundated with her fans and followers telling me how much of a terrible person I am for having an account on here.

Truthfully I was going to send her a DM with the issues I had with the collaboration but didn’t think it was going to achieve anything.

• Heart
New to tattle and have caught up on most of the comments on BB here and agree with almost everything. Rant incoming....

Ive been an avid follower of her from the beginning and I enjoyed her content when she actually worked full time and was doing bits round the house and fashion hauls. But now I feel she has lost her way, more so since moving house and having Martha, she has got greedy. The countless freebies, the holidays, the expensive clothes is just not relateable anymore. She cant quite figure out her content/audience. She just jumps from one phase to the next. One week shes going on about chickens (that we no longer see or hear about), then she's a keen gardener (that we no longer see or hear about) and then hanging out with 'friends' that arent school, uni or childhood friends but those with businesses or that she has met very recently. Its all so fake. The latest ad on her grid of those poor girls barely got 700 likes from her 70k following... its just not working but yet she keeps going!

• Heart

Incredulous

she doesn’t sleep in that one so was only plonked in it for the content - she sleeps in one in their room which Colin was adjusting in the second story so we don’t know how high it was before 🤪

I’m nearly sure it’s her middle girl in an ad for their councils sunflower competition - came up on my fb today
it is disgusting that a room was created purely for content. This room would never been a nursery as on a different floor, so she needs to stop talking nonsense about separation anxiety or laziness.

it was also really bad taste saying how excited she was for her third new sofa while on her third holiday in as many weeks. She is so tacky and showy and should be embarrassed by herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Long time lurker on this thread but have been tipped over the edge to comment this morning by her fucking ridiculous stories about a ‘lazy morning’ in perfect pink pjs, hair perfectly waved & a full face of make up. FUCK OFF WE KNOW YOU DON’T WAKE UP LIKE THAT!!!

*Edited to add perfect pink KINDLY GIFTED pjs 🙄🙄*

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Lreb88

VIP Member
I really hate those baby turban hats she puts on Martha, I don’t think they look cute at all.

Reactions: 11