Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JupiterRising6

You went to a shit therapist. They don’t usually ask you to hold your skin. They should be skilled and experienced enough that they can properly wax you without asking you to do anything and certainly shouldn’t be stopping a treatment and essentially blaming you for it!!!! Try someone new. Ask friends/family for recommendations or look up local therapists and find reviews on social media etc
Brill thank you, I'll look for some recommendations!

I’ve had my therapist ask me to do that before, I assumed it was because I was a bit fat or because she was trying to take my mind of what she was doing by getting me to do something as it seemed like she didn’t really need me to 😂 if they’re using hot wax though it’s not normally needed as they can stretch with one hand and pull with the other when it’s time to remove it
😂 I thought it was because I was fat too.

Reactions: 2

soph30

VIP Member
Her skin may just be sensitive, don't want to scare her :) give it a week and update us- is it red skin or red swollen follicules

TakeYourMama

Waxing is the one thing I do not hesitate to pay someone else to do! its a chore trying to do it yourself and you waste so much time.

Also I echo all the posts saying look for somwhere that uses Lycon wax - its honestly the best. I only get waxed with it.

Just found this thread, weirdly after having a Hollywood done at the weekend! Definitely recommend Lycon hot wax as the others have said, way less painful! The only thing I find with waxing, is the ingrown hairs when the hair grows back- does anyone else find this? Nothing seems to work to prevent them- I exfoliate, have a spray for ingrowns etc but they still appear & can be uncomfortable. So I'm considering laser treatment, I'm just put off by having to shave the hair first as that gives me bumps & itches 😬can't win!
Use glycolic acid and just sweep it over the area, works a treat. Also good for dry skin on elbows/knees or on your feet

Jellybean79

VIP Member
I had my first Brazilian on monday. How long until it stops looking so angry? 😂. And is there an optimum time where it looks and feels the best?

• Haha

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Has anyone tried the new Gillette razor for pubic hair? I'm reading mixed reviews online, considering trying it but wondering is it genuinely any better than the regular Venus razors
I’m going to assume it’s just a razor? And the whole “it’s for public hair” thing is just marketing spin?

cococookie

Chatty Member
Reigniting this thread. I want to have a bash at giving myself a Brazilian. I’ve only ever used the pre waxed strips before. Please can anyone give any advice and pointers on what to wax to buy etc
Don’t do it 😅 I have a Mylee wax kit and made the mistake of trying to do my own bikini line. I was only trying it out but it was SO painful and messy, I instantly regretted it lol!

• Haha

CherryAcid

VIP Member
Just found this thread, weirdly after having a Hollywood done at the weekend! Definitely recommend Lycon hot wax as the others have said, way less painful! The only thing I find with waxing, is the ingrown hairs when the hair grows back- does anyone else find this? Nothing seems to work to prevent them- I exfoliate, have a spray for ingrowns etc but they still appear & can be uncomfortable. So I'm considering laser treatment, I'm just put off by having to shave the hair first as that gives me bumps & itches 😬can't win!
I was watching some youtube video where a girl goes in for a wax and her therapist told her when she exfoliates she should go in one direction, not circles as that helps with ingrown hairs.

soph30

VIP Member
Has anyone ever given themselves a bikini/thigh wax?

I've just been reviewing my finances and realised I'm spending a few grand on beauty treatments per year, which I need to cut back on.

I can't decide whether to buy a wax kit and brave trying to do it myself/getting my boyfriend to do it for me, or cut back elsewhere.
Try model groups in your local area! I never pay for mine, I just reply to model calls for them to practice on you :)

• Heart

milkywaymelon

@milkywaymelon how did it go 😂

I survived!! Although she ended up doing it with the wax that you use those paper strip's with so it wasn't what I expected! Wasn't awful though and she was really quick.

soph30

VIP Member
I had my first Brazilian on monday. How long until it stops looking so angry? 😂. And is there an optimum time where it looks and feels the best?
It should be okay after 3 days? Hope you haven’t got a follicle infection or something from a bad salon

Reactions: 1

Monkeymagic85

Chatty Member
Has anyone ever given themselves a bikini/thigh wax?

I've just been reviewing my finances and realised I'm spending a few grand on beauty treatments per year, which I need to cut back on.

I can't decide whether to buy a wax kit and brave trying to do it myself/getting my boyfriend to do it for me, or cut back elsewhere.
I think unless you get a professional set up it's pretty difficult and messy to do yourself. The wax strip things you can get are utterly useless, I could never get them to warm up enough!

If you like having a smooth foof, I'd definitely cut back elsewhere or go 70s bush 🤣

• Haha

Monkeymagic85

Chatty Member
They have listed it as "toffee wax" on the booking system, so I'm guessing it's the type where they don't use the strips of paper.
I've never had a wax with the strip things so have nothing to compare it too, I'm a bit of a weirdo and I like the feel of it 🤣

Totally get why they would describe it as toffee

DevaVictrix

Chatty Member
I gave myself an all-over at home there this past week. I would regularly go to a salon pre-babies and Covid lockdowns. I now have 2 babies and waxing just got away from me. Couldn't stand it anymore so bought a hot wax pot, well, 2 different kinds actually, and did it myself. Yes parts hurt but they hurt me when someone else did it. Also I could stop for breathers 🤣 Definitely happy I did it.

lemonlime

VIP Member
Sometimes I pop a few painkillers half an hour beforehand 😄
I do that too, if I know it'll be painful. Especially if it's too close to the time of the month.

If anyone else is considering doing it on their own at home for the first time, I'd say skip it. Done it twice with those waxing beads that don't need wax strips, but it's messy and take three times as long, not to mention the back pain you'll probably have to deal with and this is coming from someone who is fairly flexible. Not worth the effort unless a salon is simply not an option.

@milkywaymelon how did it go 😂

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Yep that's what I'm cynical about. They have launched some new lotion with it and marketing it heavily. Still too scared to get a brazilian so dreading using a razor again for my hols, nasty red bumps on bikini line
Oh no, just get a wax!!!!! Why are you scared??

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Ooh I've just stumbled across this and have a question as a waxing novice... I really want a decent Brazilian wax however I can be a bit jumpy and when I went for a wax about 10 years ago the therapist had me hold my skin taut but my jumpiness made me let go 🙈 is it the norm to have to hold skin taut or is there any way around this?

I know this may sound ridiculous but it's stopped me going back for the last decade, the therapist stopped part way through last time because I just (involuntarily) letting go of my skin.
You went to a shit therapist. They don’t usually ask you to hold your skin. They should be skilled and experienced enough that they can properly wax you without asking you to do anything and certainly shouldn’t be stopping a treatment and essentially blaming you for it!!!! Try someone new. Ask friends/family for recommendations or look up local therapists and find reviews on social media etc

Leelah

Chatty Member
Sugaring is where it's at these days 💯 less harsh, natural ingredients etc. Check that out instead of normal wax. I will be using this my method. It also doesn't pull the skin like normal wax, just pulls it the hair only.