Best & worst train stations you've been through

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good:

Oslo - Nice and open, easy to navigate and no problem getting a ticket or finding the platform

York - A nice building in itself, good shops and a good railway bar

King's Cross & St Pancras - Even though they're big I've always found them easy to get around (not been for many years though so could have changed)

Bad:

Stevenedge - Utterly depressing and hopeless. Dull, grey, hard to get around, next to no facilities

Brussels - Really seedy vibe all throughout the station - lots of people just hanging around looking dodgy

Birmingham New Street - Find it really hard to navigate and if you're meeting someone it's hard to pin down a spot as you could be at completely different entrances

Reactions: 3
Best: Antwerp -beautiful building and trains on multiple levels 🤩
Bad: not really fond of Munich Hbf, it's not bad, but I wasn't impressed 😁

I always thought mainland European trains would be better than ours but don't always think that's the case

Good:

Oslo - Nice and open, easy to navigate and no problem getting a ticket or finding the platform

York - A nice building in itself, good shops and a good railway bar

King's Cross & St Pancras - Even though they're big I've always found them easy to get around (not been for many years though so could have changed)

Bad:

Stevenedge - Utterly depressing and hopeless. Dull, grey, hard to get around, next to no facilities

Brussels - Really seedy vibe all throughout the station - lots of people just hanging around looking dodgy

Birmingham New Street - Find it really hard to navigate and if you're meeting someone it's hard to pin down a spot as you could be at completely different entrances
The 'upgrade' completely ruined New Street. It was a really nice station before. It's a total horror now and the signage isn't clear.

I quite like Manchester and Leeds is ok too.

Reactions: 2
Glad I'm not the only one who finds New Street confusing af, what's with all the different coloured zones?? And why do I have to scan my ticket just to get to the main concourse area with Pret etc? So annoying! Also I use Euston on a fairly regular basis and I think we all know how tit it is, with the massive stampedes of people whenever a train is announced :LOL:

And in terms of the best stations I hate to be negative but I can't really think of any! Most are just 'okay' in my opinion. I guess the best ones are the ones where there's clear and easy to find toilets that don't charge you to use them, and decent shops/coffee places.

The only good thing about euston is the fast train to and from Birmingham and the Waterstones.

Marylebone I’m not a fan of either. Shops are tit and the boards never update until five minutes before the train is due to leave. Of course you’re on platform five and then have to sprint for your life! Kings cross and Liverpool Street are nice though!

The 'upgrade' completely ruined New Street. It was a really nice station before. It's a total horror now and the signage isn't clear.

I quite like Manchester and Leeds is ok too.
I like Leeds. It reminds me of an airport for some reason lol

I never liked Euston for some reason

@HoGi How is Leeds since the upgrade?

I had to get a train from there after a work thing waaaaaayyyy back in 2019 and was so incredibly stressed with all the re-directions. On the plus side the Pret staff gave me a coffee for free after they mucked up my order 🤣

Do love the city but not the train station!

Leeds is absolutely beautiful. I love it.

Preston on the other hand. The station just feels like the land of no hope.

@HoGi How is Leeds since the upgrade?

I had to get a train from there after a work thing waaaaaayyyy back in 2019 and was so incredibly stressed with all the re-directions. On the plus side the Pret staff gave me a coffee for free after they mucked up my order 🤣

Do love the city but not the train station!
I haven't been there in a little while but it's nice!

Leeds is good if you have a vague idea where you're going but some of the platforms are a proper trek

Reactions: 3
I used to use New St daily so know it well but I can see how it can be very confusing.

Only used King's Cross once but found that nice. Leeds is alright too but my train used to always go from the furthest platform 😂

Haven't used Euston for a couple of years now but I HATED that rush when the platform was finally announced!