Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fannysjohnny

VIP Member
Father of the bride stood up to speak and admitted he was so nervous,the disney song HiHo came on and 7 dwarfs came through the door carrying a huge block of ice,they proceeded to smash it up with axes!!
The father said "well that broke the ice" and gave one of the best speeches I've ever heard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

MrsWolf

VIP Member
One of my favourite things about my wedding was that we had a french fancy (fondant fancy) wedding cake. This picture isn’t my wedding cake but very similar! (I didn’t feel comfortable posting my actual one as I’m quite funny about my privacy and stuff!)

From all the weddings I’ve been too, they’ve all had the standard type wedding cakes (not saying weren’t equally as lovely) but I just wanted something different and quirky. We got so many great comments on it too!

We also had Polaroid cameras dotted around the place which we got some cracking photos from.. would definitely recommend doing that - with some props added too!
AA78B56D-58A3-4BA7-A8D1-D2B83C51DEE4.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

Dina2Dina

The MOH giving the best man a blowie in the toilets. Cue the bride crying telling them they ruined the day. Tears. Tantrums. Tiaras. I laughed so hard. They ended up getting married again. Well the reception was re done and vows renewed. It really did ruin the day.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

Fishnips

VIP Member
The best thing I saw at a wedding was the bride confronting her cheating groom at the altar, but it's not for everyone.

Close seconds are disposable cameras on tables as previously mentioned - that's always stuck with me as the candid and silly photos from them were fab.
Recently went to a wedding with quite a few kids and the bride and groom had a creche company in to take care of their kids and other people's kids during the reception. Probably quite expensive but thought it was a really great idea.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

JOHN1967

VIP Member
One of my wife's aunt is a widow, she drives me insane, because she is constantly asking me for favours, and I feel obligated as she is a widow.

Anyone we were all at a wedding buffet, and as usual she has food piled up at least six inches high on her plate. She says she takes so much to save her going back a second time. Anyway she trips backwards and spills all the food on herself. Another lady goes to help her and she manages to pull the helper onto her, she was covered in food. It made me laugh 😂 inside, far too polite to laugh out loud.

I know this is not the type of post expected but what can I say.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
My friends had a cheese and pork pie cake! It was a bit like this one - then it was cut down and made into a giant cheese and meat board for part of the evening snacks, with chuntneys, crackers etc. Amazing!

1594807477776.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27

Dex

I’m getting married in December and having Santa pop by for the kids (and big kids) 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 17

ChloChlo

VIP Member
My auntie had an outrageously shocking wedding and the faces of her now divorced husbands family were a picture. I didn't think it was a wedding they had in mind.

She had these day glo cyber dreads put in, heavily winged eye make up, a black shawl with skulls on over her normal wedding dress and bright red shoes like Dorothy. Then there was the bouquet which stole the entire show, it was of black blood dipped Rose's with random bits of broken watches, cogs and chains, the odd eyeless dolls head hanging out of it. The reception was like a fucking halloween party with all the cobwebs.

She was 50 when she married her boyfriend of 14 years, they broke up a week after they got married 🤣

I had a Vegas wedding in a chapel. It was nice, intimate, romantic and yes there was an Elvis impersonator present 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

ChloChlo

VIP Member
God that French fancy and the cheese are my idea of heaven. If I ever get married again that’s what I want! Ex husband took over ours you see and wanted boring stuff like a traditional cake and sugared almonds as favours 🤮
I've been married twice and my first wedding was so traditionally boring, my first ex husband came from a very strict catholic family so it was all very meh.

We had the same boring 3 tiered iced wedding cake with columns, the sugared almond favours, traditional dress, vintage Rolls Royce, sausage roll finger buffet, balloon arch, boring speeches and people dancing to Agado and the Witch Doctor at the reception.

My family and his really seemed to hate eachother for no other reason than not having the same blood, there seemed to be a "wild west" atmosphere the whole time. They ended up fighting between themselves like the Montagues and Capulets. It would have been the best thing I'd seen at a wedding, had it not been my own.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

YellowCar

The most memorable wedding I’ve been to was my husband’s ex wife’s. They had a son so we are friends. We were one of the last to walk into the ceremony and the only spaces were at the front - we knew they wanted us there, but probably not right in front of them, so we found a couple of extra chairs and squished onto them at the back with our kids. Thank god we weren’t at the front, because the bride laughed throughout the vows and then when handed her wedding certificate, celebrated by waving it aloft, shouting ‘I’m rich!’ I just managed to lift my head up inbetween uncontrollable giggles to see the stony faces of her new in laws

• Haha

ScrambledEggs

VIP Member
Went to a Welsh wedding and all of the men stood up and sang Bread of Heaven in the sexiest deep voices ever, most were extremely fit rugby players. I was in my element.

A different wedding and the reading was from the
Owl & the Pussycat... 😂😂 Clearly lots of dirty minds 😉

• Haha
  • Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
What’s the deal with taking cocaine at weddings? At the last few weddings ive been to guests have caught doing lines in the toilets. I find that so disrespectful to the couple getting married.

• Wow
Reactions: 13

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
My friend had street vendors for the food, there was a choice of jacket potatoes, burgers, bacon rolls,hot dogs and then a ice cream van for pudding! She just paid them all a deposit then settled up afterwards. Was amazing!

Another wedding we've been too, everything was personalised, tissue boxes with their pictures in, sweets with their name and wedding date on, wine bottles on the table had their pictures in too and it was a free bar!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

TruffleTrifle

This is just a message for those planning one: if you’re having pictures taken after the ceremony pre reception for the love of God please put some nibbles out for the guests while they wait for food! Especially if the ceremony starts at like 12 and the food isn’t til 3 and you have prosecco or champagne going round before/in between. Last wedding I went to everyone sat in the hotel bar during the in between bit and some guests got a bit too giddy and food wasn’t served til 4. The hotels catering team was entirely taken up for the wedding reception so everyone was eating mini cheddars and peanuts from the bar which only go so far when you’ve not eaten since breakfast! Ended up with a prematurely drunken groomsman crying through the reception about his recent break up and a handful of drunk/hangry guests sitting stoney faced through the speeches waiting for food.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Eyerolling

VIP Member
I’ve been to so many weddings in the past 5 years that I’ve seen everything on this thread (except the MOH/best man blowy in toilets. I’m sure it’s happened but I just didn’t know!)

anyways ... the best weddings I have been to lately, are the ones without any of these distractions and just let people talk to each other, dance and have fun. For example, if everyone is queued for a photo booth or portrait drawing, the dance floor is empty and then the atmosphere of the whole wedding is crap etc

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Very grand wedding. Bride fell out with master of ceremonies over small kids opening their own gift bags a few minutes early. Groom said never mind it’s fine. Bride hissed at groom through gritted teeth “it’s not fine” then a row started. Whoever had 9 months on the book was the winner, because that’s how long the marriage lasted.

I realise it’s not in the spirit of the OP but it’s all I can remember from that very expensive day.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

Lulabella_Mozzarella2

Looking for some suggestions of the coolest things you’ve seen at a wedding or something amazing you had at yours
My brother and sister in law had a dessert table; it was overflowing with South African pastries (where sis in law is from), desserts they had from a local
Patisserie, various traditional puds and handmade chocolates dotted around - amazing!!

We got married 9yrs ago before everyone was doing vintage 🙄 and I handmade soya, scented candles in teacups that we left on tables for people to take home, plus we had a Krispy Kreme doughnut and sweet table; I know everyone does this now, but we loved it then and still do 😊

Attachments

LC243

Used to run events at a wedding venue and the best wedding I’ve run was carnival themed. The bride made her own table centres with carnival ideas from Pinterest, hired carnival rides, candy floss stall, churros stall, the lot! The best thing though was the table plan! She got a paddling pool and filled it with rubber ducks with each guest’s face on them and their table name on the bottom, guests had to hook a duck to find out what table they were on! Everybody loved it!

Falconry, clay pigeon shooting, donkey rides and mechanical bulls are all really fun things I’ve seen too! Perfect for that in-between time after the ceremony and before the wedding breakfast or for the evening!

I’ve always found the Mother of the Groom to be a pain in the backside, not with me but with brides. I’ve seen too many brides stressed out and cry on their wedding day because something the MOTG has said. There was this one wedding where the bride, her bridesmaids and mother were staying at the hotel the night before. It wasn’t a party as such, it was just more convenient. Anyways, they’re all sitting down to dinner in the hotel restaurant chatting away and having a lovely time and who turned up? The MOTG came storming in shouting about how she’s been left out, it’s unfair that she and the groom’s sister weren’t asked to dinner and that she hopes the bride chokes on her steak😳 I was gobsmacked because things seemed to escalate so quickly! I later found out that there were a few fallouts surrounding who was in the bridal party (the sister was pissed she wasn’t asked to be a bridesmaid), the venue (the MOTG wanted them to marry abroad so it’d be a holiday) and they were pissed that the BRIDE AND GROOM WANTED TO GO ON THEIR HONEYMOON WITHOUT HIS FAMILY!!!
Needless to say, I spent a lot of time during that wedding making sure that these ladies didn’t butt heads. I felt so sorry for the bride though, hope she stood up to them in the end

Last edited:
  • Wow

bellinibobble

VIP Member
This is just a message for those planning one: if you’re having pictures taken after the ceremony pre reception for the love of God please put some nibbles out for the guests while they wait for food! Especially if the ceremony starts at like 12 and the food isn’t til 3 and you have prosecco or champagne going round before/in between. Last wedding I went to everyone sat in the hotel bar during the in between bit and some guests got a bit too giddy and food wasn’t served til 4. The hotels catering team was entirely taken up for the wedding reception so everyone was eating mini cheddars and peanuts from the bar which only go so far when you’ve not eaten since breakfast! Ended up with a prematurely drunken groomsman crying through the reception about his recent break up and a handful of drunk/hangry guests sitting stoney faced through the speeches waiting for food.
Speeches before the food with no canapes? Are the bride and groom psychopaths who enjoy torturing their family and friends 😂😱

• Haha
Reactions: 9