Best cat litter?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
currently using the Aldi cat litter but Finding there’s a funky smell not long after I clean the litter tray, getting fed up with it now. Anyone got any recommendations for Different cat litter I can try? Thanks!

We use Felight antibacterial. They usually have decent deals on in B&M. It’s cheaper than Catsan and just as good imo. We’ve tried almost every type of cat litter and that’s the one we found was best for our cats.

Reactions: 1
I use wood pellet litter, its about £6.00 for a huge 30L sackfull from pets at home. I buy in bulk so get it delivered free. No funny smells with it as long as you obviously clean it out asap when a cat has a number 2. With all litter you still have to scoop out the used bits a couple of times per day.

Reactions: 6
I use wood pellet litter, its about £6.00 for a huge 30L sackfull from pets at home. I buy in bulk so get it delivered free. No funny smells with it as long as you obviously clean it out asap when a cat has a number 2. With all litter you still have to scoop out the used bits a couple of times per day.
We tried every one under the sun and wooden was the best. Easy to keep clean and didn't smell.

Reactions: 3
We use wood pellet it’s way better than sawdust type stuff. We get the smart litter from Asda it works great for our kitty

Reactions: 2
Yep go to b&m and there’s one called Garfield with a picture of a cartoon orange cat... best thing ever and actually looks pretty not like white rocks! It’s like gold small rocks! It’s great and cheap about £3

I’ve used the non clumping catsan (in the blue packaging) since my cats were kittens. I find it really good.

Reactions: 4
Definitely wood pellet, I get it from Tesco. No smell and lasts ages

We were using the big 30l wood pellet bags from pets at home for years but during lockdown I couldn’t get hold of any so started using the Breeder Celect one which is really lightweight paper pellets. It’s more expensive but the bags last absolutely ages and I think our cats prefer it.

We moved our cat litter outside and then got rid of it so effectively housetrained our cat. She goes to the door when she needs to go. Best thing ever, I hated cleaning the tray 🤢

Yep go to b&m and there’s one called Garfield with a picture of a cartoon orange cat... best thing ever and actually looks pretty not like white rocks! It’s like gold small rocks! It’s great and cheap about £3
Is that the stuff made from corn ? We got that once and the dog ate some.

Another wood pellet user here. No issues with it and doesn’t smell at all unlike when I used the clumping clay one. I also get the big bags from pets at home as works out cheaper.

We’ve used the really expensive cat little right down the the really cheap and the o lot one that I’ve found doesn’t leave a nasty smell is Sanicat Oxygen Power.

We moved our cat litter outside and then got rid of it so effectively housetrained our cat. She goes to the door when she needs to go. Best thing ever, I hated cleaning the tray 🤢
Yes but what happens when your cat needs the toilet in the night or when its raining etc? Do you just get up to let it in and out if your asleep?

No, we let her out for a few minutes last thing at night and back out first thing in the morning. Luckily no accidents yet.

My cat doesn't use the tray a whole lot, but I find the litter from Lidl is quite good. I don't like the Aldi one either. It's very dusty.