Benidorm

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching this again from the beginning. So far it is not as good as I remember, or have my tastes changed?

Reactions: 4
I still love the older series 🤣 I watched it from the start again during lockdown last year

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It's a great show until the Garvey's leave. Then it begins its decline for me.

Donald and Jacqueline are absolute icons though.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
It's a great show until the Garvey's leave. Then it begins its decline for me.

Donald and Jacqueline are absolute icons though.
Totally agree when they bought in Liam thats when it got too stupid to laugh at. Loved series 2 when Mel got eletrocuted and they thought he was dead:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Binge Watched them all for the first time during the first lockdown and when we finally get out of this farce pandemic I'm going to live my life like Jacqueline and Donald do. Minus the swinging, maybe.

• Haha
Older ones are great. It's a case of a show going on too long. I don't think I finished the later series.

Reactions: 5
I have family in Spain who live about 10 miles away from Beni and they met a lot of the cast.
Nicest ones- Madge, Janice, Liam
Rudest- Donald (spoke to fans/crew like tit) Gavin (snobbery, just like his character 😂)
Chrissy Rock is also a massive coke/pisshead
Apparently Joan Collins was fab and letting people take pics and sign autographs

• Heart
I still really like series 1-3. But after that it started to decline. I did like Kenneth throughout but that’s probably it. I can’t be doing with really thick characters and Joey just took the piss.

Reactions: 5
I still really like series 1-3. But after that it started to decline. I did like Kenneth throughout but that’s probably it. I can’t be doing with really thick characters and Joey just took the piss.
He was one of the worst characters, think that’s what made me stop watching the later series

I loved the first few seasons, and watched up until season 7 but then it just got awful! I love Madge, the stuff she would come out with, you wouldn't get away with that now as too many people would likely complain but I thought she was hilarious. Also season 6 i think when the small man with glasses from London sings Eamon's 'duck you I dont want you back' at karaoke had me in tears cause my boyfriends from London and I expect him to sing like that :ROFLMAO: It got crap for me after the Garveys left.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Agree with everyone here, was better with the Garveys but then in the last couple of series I liked the couple who were sort of the Garveys’ replacement, especially the episode where she said her fantasy was to shag an Aussie and the husband came in dressed as Crocodile Dundee with a blow up croc 😂 the young lads got annoying as they were overtly thick and couldn’t warm to the Dyke family I think they were called, the one with the tall wife and short hubby. The original cast made that show but I loved the girl who was a chavvy holidaymaker and became a rep, she had some hilarious lines.

Reactions: 2
I think by the end it was too big an ensemble cast, too many characters and you couldn't develop them enough. So everyone was a bit too one dimensional caricature.

I loved the first few seasons, and watched up until season 7 but then it just got awful! I love Madge, the stuff she would come out with, you wouldn't get away with that now as too many people would likely complain but I thought she was hilarious. Also season 6 i think when the small man with glasses from London sings Eamon's 'duck you I dont want you back' at karaoke had me in tears cause my boyfriends from London and I expect him to sing like that :ROFLMAO: It got crap for me after the Garveys left.
That had me howling 😂 it's the fact that he was pretty dull through the verse and as soon as he got to the chorus and shouted out "duck what I said.." just finished me off😂

• Haha
That had me howling 😂 it's the fact that he was pretty dull through the verse and as soon as he got to the chorus and shouted out "duck what I said.." just finished me off😂
I was in tears! It was the funniest thing, I wasn't expecting him to start singing that... Near crying watching it again 😂 😂

• Haha
I have family in Spain who live about 10 miles away from Beni and they met a lot of the cast.
Nicest ones- Madge, Janice, Liam
Rudest- Donald (spoke to fans/crew like tit) Gavin (snobbery, just like his character 😂)
Chrissy Rock is also a massive coke/pisshead
Apparently Joan Collins was fab and letting people take pics and sign autographs
Aw that's a shame about Donald. He was a known regular at my mate's local before he died. Was meant to be very nice and kept himself to himself.

Reactions: 1