Believe in Magic (Podcast)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anybody listened? Crazy, fascinating and sad.
I had never heard of Meg and her mum prior to listening so it was all new to me.
Not sure what the spoiler rules are so don’t want to say to much!

Reactions: 4
Has anybody listened? Crazy, fascinating and sad.
I had never heard of Meg and her mum prior to listening so it was all new to me.
Not sure what the spoiler rules are so don’t want to say to much!
Yes I hVe just finished! Wtaf, I am annoyed it was let to go as as as I was.... no spoilers but the other children talking about those cans in the kitchen!!

Reactions: 1
100% believe Jean killed Meg
Ooh we’re talking about it!
I was thinking this too, they were very careful in the edit but definitely the vibe I got. If not to kill her but make her ‘sicker’. Her poor sister too that shows she’s capable of this sort of thing. I think Meg was just more susceptible to the grooming or she started earlier.

Reactions: 3
I have a child with complex health needs and I can’t get my head around wanting to go through that process. And feeling like you get attention from it. Makes no sense to me.

Reactions: 2
I just can't believe she got away with it for so long, whenever I hear about these cases they always seem to be in the US where people are able to basically shop around for healthcare, its insane that with the NHS it didn't come to light at some earlier point

Ooh we’re talking about it!
I was thinking this too, they were very careful in the edit but definitely the vibe I got. If not to kill her but make her ‘sicker’. Her poor sister too that shows she’s capable of this sort of thing. I think Meg was just more susceptible to the grooming or she started earlier.
Most who know them in real life feel this way too.

• Sad
Yes I did.
Through the charity? You don’t have to answer.
The podcast was obviously edited in a certain way but it seems that away from the ‘sleuths’ there were others with suspicions about what was going on. I’ve tried to decide if was the attention/true FII, money or celebrity interaction and they all seem so intertwined.

This is a 7 part documentary series about the mother and daughter team behind a charity for seriously ill children, called Believe in Magic. It's such a wild ride that I don't want to give away any of the plot to people who haven't heard it, so if you haven't, turn back now and go to listen! You won't regret it.

For people who have heard it... what did ya think?

Ooh, I just found out we can block out spoilers.
I do believe Jean killed Meg. The timing is just too suspicious. Meg died RIGHT when Jean needed a "Gotcha, she really was ill" moment? I just don't buy that such a young woman died of a lifestyle disease like that. It's hard to find pictures of her that aren't just selfies, but she really isn't all that big. Even people of 40 stone routinely live into middle age. I know that the sisters said she had an unhealthy lifestyle, but - she died RIGHT when the net was closing in? Really?

When the presenter said about their airport photos that Meg had gained a lot of weight, I thought it was unnecessary of him to say such a thing. But what if he was hinting at something serious? Something that changed in her health while they were in America? The fact that Jean intentionally fed her other daughter Bovril when she had a kidney problem, casts such a horrible light on her enabling Meg's binge eating. But then again, you normally have to be VERY big to die from it at such a young age. It's also, as he presenter said, not a "glamorous" way to go.

I just think Meg died of something else. Obviously I don't know what they looked for in the autopsy, so I can't really say what, but I do think Jean induced it. A woman who would try to get her kids' skulls knocked in by a falling tin is capable of anything.

I don't quite understand what they were looking for in the Kingston review? Does the fact that it said it was likely MBP mean that they reviewed and found out that Meg died of something Jean induced, or did they not review the cause of death?

Another thing I didn't understand: they were talking about Jean and Meg being obsessed with getting morphine prescriptions, but was it Jean taking them, or was Meg also taking them?

Also, did I misunderstand, or were they really at Disney World for FOUR MONTHS?

Reactions: 4
Ooh, I just found out we can block out spoilers.
I do believe Jean killed Meg. The timing is just too suspicious. Meg died RIGHT when Jean needed a "Gotcha, she really was ill" moment? I just don't buy that such a young woman died of a lifestyle disease like that. It's hard to find pictures of her that aren't just selfies, but she really isn't all that big. Even people of 40 stone routinely live into middle age. I know that the sisters said she had an unhealthy lifestyle, but - she died RIGHT when the net was closing in? Really?

When the presenter said about their airport photos that Meg had gained a lot of weight, I thought it was unnecessary of him to say such a thing. But what if he was hinting at something serious? Something that changed in her health while they were in America? The fact that Jean intentionally fed her other daughter Bovril when she had a kidney problem, casts such a horrible light on her enabling Meg's binge eating. But then again, you normally have to be VERY big to die from it at such a young age. It's also, as he presenter said, not a "glamorous" way to go.

I just think Meg died of something else. Obviously I don't know what they looked for in the autopsy, so I can't really say what, but I do think Jean induced it. A woman who would try to get her kids' skulls knocked in by a falling tin is capable of anything.

I don't quite understand what they were looking for in the Kingston review? Does the fact that it said it was likely MBP mean that they reviewed and found out that Meg died of something Jean induced, or did they not review the cause of death?

Another thing I didn't understand: they were talking about Jean and Meg being obsessed with getting morphine prescriptions, but was it Jean taking them, or was Meg also taking them?

Also, did I misunderstand, or were they really at Disney World for FOUR MONTHS?
In the most expensive villa. They missed out that it wasn’t the only time they went to Disneyworld with charity funds, another time they flew there on a private jet https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...AKED-brain-tumour-pop-stars-fans-400-000.html
---
Through the charity? You don’t have to answer.
The podcast was obviously edited in a certain way but it seems that away from the ‘sleuths’ there were others with suspicions about what was going on. I’ve tried to decide if was the attention/true FII, money or celebrity interaction and they all seem so intertwined.
The podcast makes it sound like only ‘the sleuths’ were suspicious. Only a handful of people with their heads in the sand weren’t. Everyone could see things weren’t right. Massive amounts of money being splashed around on the same few children. Megan and Jean helping themselves to charity money while treating those same few families. Then came all the appeals for money for Meg and the health claims which were lies which didn’t add up. The sleuths went to the effort of proving it but most people already suspected. Some didn’t want to believe.

Wow just finished. What a crazy and sad story. Meg was definitely groomed as a child by Jean, but surely she knew she wasn’t as ill as Jean was claiming and going on holiday in Disney with the charity money?!

I’m also confused how Meg actually died if there was nothing wrong with her? They didn’t really go into that, unless I missed it. I know they said she had a bad diet but she was still young and relatively healthy. The whole thing is very strange.

Didn’t she die of like chronic fatty liver disease? I can’t work it out. Surely takes a few decades of work (drinking, smoking, drugs ect) to get to that point. But what triggered the cardiac event that she died from?? And is that just it? Surely there is evidence of foul play and why wouldn’t that be looked into by the police? There are many missing pieces of the puzzle here

Didn’t she die of like chronic fatty liver disease? I can’t work it out. Surely takes a few decades of work (drinking, smoking, drugs ect) to get to that point. But what triggered the cardiac event that she died from?? And is that just it? Surely there is evidence of foul play and why wouldn’t that be looked into by the police? There are many missing pieces of the puzzle here
I agree so much wasn't explained

I've not long finished it and Googled Meg, she didn't look big enough to have such chronic fatty liver disease? Unless they are old photos. All very odd, and so so bizarre about having to cancel the funeral at the last minute.

As above Jean did it. I think the cause of death was listed as such as nothing else could be found or proven.

I've not long finished it and Googled Meg, she didn't look big enough to have such chronic fatty liver disease? Unless they are old photos. All very odd, and so so bizarre about having to cancel the funeral at the last minute.
Yeah, the podcast never explained why the funeral was cancelled at the last minute. I honestly thought it was going to be revealed that they were faking Meg's death. I was astonished when it turned out she actually was dead. Why cancel the funeral then?

• Heart
Yeah, the podcast never explained why the funeral was cancelled at the last minute. I honestly thought it was going to be revealed that they were faking Meg's death. I was astonished when it turned out she actually was dead. Why cancel the funeral then?
Jean was suspected of killing Meg by people who reported their concerns to the police. They did further tests but nothing showed, it had been weeks since her death at this point and not all things show up.