Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lady_H

VIP Member
Watching the Body Language Guy’s live stream yesterday, I’m inclined to agree with him. Everything about this screams that Brooklyn has entirely subordinated himself in the relationship, from the age differential to the taking of her name to his lesser (!) wealth status to the photos in which she towers over him and/or stares fixedly into the camera while always he’s in profile kissing her. He is a very young man, pretty much aimless, without focus or accomplishment, probably seeking a strong character in his wife to give him direction. None of this augurs well for the future. She will entirely have the reins in the relationship, and she will get bored.

Her baseline pose in photos, jaw up and looking slightly down her nose, is interesting. I love when Jose says to adopt a pose and see how it makes you feel. When I do that it definitely comes with a feeling of confidence, haughtiness and superiority,

The camera is her first love, most definitely, while he I think is absolutely in thrall to her. There is a video somewhere of them on the red carpet, he kisses her as if she is a sort of amazing god-like creature he can’t stop looking at while as usual she gazes away from him to seek out the cameras. It’s sort of sweet and sad at the same time. Maybe she had a couple of crap relationships and now just enjoys being completely worshipped, but that dynamic is very hard to maintain in a satisfying way in the long run.

Still, they both love Nicola which gives them something in common, at least for now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

Silverback

VIP Member
DB and VB are an utter sham. Everybody knows about his shagabout personality and that he humiliates her publicly. She is malnourished and constantly miserable. She had clearly been bawling her eyes out and rowing with him just before the royal wedding they went to.

Goes to show that no amount of cash and success (although her fashion label has had to be bailed out by David) makes you happy.

Without each other they wouldn’t have had their brand and made such a fortune. And that is why they stay ‘together’.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 58

Lady_H

VIP Member
Can we not make snipey comments at a kid and what she’s wearing? She probably loves that dress and looks like she’s having a great time. I think she looks adorable. She’s probably got years of people snarking at the way she looks in front of her - don’t start in on her at 11 FFS.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

Pom Bear

VIP Member
I normally lurk in the background on the Beckham thread but I must leave this one pic I've made yesterday to share on here..
I've photoshopped the bride and groom heads round lol 😄😄 x
I'm still lurking on thread 2 and will pop by again tomorrow 🥰

Resizer_16497405750581.jpg

Looooooool 😄😄😄 x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

Sparkly23

Maybe reading to much into this, but seeing your wife passed out next to a toilet and rather than lovingly helping her to bed, taking a picture and documenting it in a birthday card, seems utterly hateful. Kids who bully each other post passed out pics on SM, not a supposed husband and wife who love each other!! Other reading is, they are trying to be 'zany' and prank each other a la Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, but not sure they are likeable enough or even slightly fond enough of each other to pull that off!!

• Sad
Reactions: 47

bubbadabut

VIP Member
View attachment 1190486

... When this little nugget was published, they received a lot of responses from former staff who had similar stories to tell; unfortunately, it goes to a dead link.

One of Nicola's father's former wives was Valerie Fitzgerald - I'm not sure if it's THE Valerie Fitzgerald, real estate guru from LA, or another one, but he's pretty much had their union scrubbed off the web.

There are a LOT of blind items about Nicola's (mis)behaviour:

View attachment 1190488

View attachment 1190489
What a cow. Brooklyn may be dull and dim, but he doesn't seem like a nasty person at all. She will soon get fed up with him and his soppy behaviour, and when she does, I fear it will hit him like a ton of bricks.

Reactions: 45

Lady_H

VIP Member
David and Victoria are the same age and she took his name yet it hasn't made things work any better. Regardless of whether you follow "traditional" roles in a marriage you need respect, and Brooklyn and Nicola don't seem to have much of it ...
My kindest guess is that Brooklyn respects/adores/ worships the ground she walks on. And that she probably thinks he’s a lovely sweet “go with the flow” kind of guy who doesn’t push back on anything thereby making her life easy at the moment. I am sure she wakes up to that adoring puppy look every morning, with B gazing at her in disbelief at how very beauteous she is, what a lucky chap he is, how blessed he feels, etc etc.

The problem is that becomes super annoying very quickly, at which point you really want someone with a spine to give you a bit of a harder time (fnnnaarr). I don’t think that a relationship with a subordinate male works after a few years, no matter how wonderfully non-traditional and woke you think you are. And that looked like a pretty darned traditional wedding to me.

I predict the acquisition of another couple of dogs, a bunch of holiday pap shots, a 3-year relationship run, a multi-gazillionaire in her future and heartbreak in his. I doubt they’ll have kids.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44

Eureka

VIP Member
He looks like a really bad George Michael tribute act. Her body language is interesting. She looks really uncomfortable.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

Lipsofchicken

Someone said Brooklyn looked looked like a middle aged lesbian at his recent event where he won an award, and I can’t stop thinking about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 40

Shinealight

VIP Member
Brooklyn isn’t exactly a looker.
In fact I wouldn’t say any of the Beckham sons are.
I was never a fan of their father David, viewing him as a bandwagon jumping opportunist, but he was always good looking.
Alas for his three sons, they didn’t acquire the handsome gene.

Reactions: 36

Shinealight

VIP Member
The new girlfriend looks much older than him.

It’s all very full on for teenagers isn’t it. Holidaying in St Tropez with your new boyfriends family! Gee whizz.
Love the bit that says “she isn’t fazed by Cruz’s fame”!!!
What fame? What has he ever done? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Rose28454

VIP Member
I almost feel bad for Victoria when I look at that picture. She just looks sad? I just really don't think her marriage is great, clearly she's struggling with body image issues... she really only has one kid left who "needs" her, but then again I don't know how engaged they really were as parents when the boys were young. They definitely always had nannies around.

Overall, she strikes me as a decent person with a lot of issues.
To some people being as slim as possible is the most important thing in life. My sis who is 66 has had an eating / exercising disorder basically her whole life. In the last few years she has basically cut out loads of foods ( no meat no carbs no fruit etc) her husband is slightly disabled after a stroke and he has had most things taken from his diet too. ( except when she’s away and he eats everything !)But if anyone has a cake or biscuit she has to have a tiny taste. She exercise very day and carries a small scales in her bag when she goes away to weigh herself every day.
she’s not happy and the shame as she’s a chef who cooks wonderful food life’s too short

• Sad
Reactions: 34

LaraQ

VIP Member
Watching the Body Language Guy’s live stream yesterday, I’m inclined to agree with him. Everything about this screams that Brooklyn has entirely subordinated himself in the relationship, from the age differential to the taking of her name to his lesser (!) wealth status to the photos in which she towers over him and/or stares fixedly into the camera while always he’s in profile kissing her. He is a very young man, pretty much aimless, without focus or accomplishment, probably seeking a strong character in his wife to give him direction. None of this augurs well for the future. She will entirely have the reins in the relationship, and she will get bored.

Her baseline pose in photos, jaw up and looking slightly down her nose, is interesting. I love when Jose says to adopt a pose and see how it makes you feel. When I do that it definitely comes with a feeling of confidence, haughtiness and superiority,

The camera is her first love, most definitely, while he I think is absolutely in thrall to her. There is a video somewhere of them on the red carpet, he kisses her as if she is a sort of amazing god-like creature he can’t stop looking at while as usual she gazes away from him to seek out the cameras. It’s sort of sweet and sad at the same time. Maybe she had a couple of crap relationships and now just enjoys being completely worshipped, but that dynamic is very hard to maintain in a satisfying way in the long run.

Still, they both love Nicola which gives them something in common, at least for now.

Their relationship is very reminiscent of his parent's in the early days.The way David apparently worshipped Victoria and she dominated him completely.We all know how that turned out.

Reactions: 34