BBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It appears it is time for a new thread on all things concerning BBC Radio output.
Please do contribute

Reactions: 3
Rev Richard Coles is fawning over Melanie C this morning on radio 4 Saturday Live.
There's an excellent guest coming on called Pastor Mick, a former convict, drug dealer and thug who turned himself around, he was on radio 2 with Vine a few days ago.

Last edited:
Not a massive fan of Steve’s show but respect his years in the business. Wonder how Scott will measure up. I’ll give it a whirl and see. I like OJ Borg but only hear him usually if I’ve got insomnia or he’s standing it.

Not a massive fan of Steve’s show but respect his years in the business. Wonder how Scott will measure up. I’ll give it a whirl and see. I like OJ Borg but only hear him usually if I’ve got insomnia or he’s standing it.
Yes, Steve is marmite, be interesting to see if Scott Mills has as many features in his new show, like the non-stop oldies @ 3 etc.

Reactions: 2
Jeremy Vine off again :rolleyes:
Wish this show was given to Paddy O'Connell or even Tina Dahealey who often stands in.

• Heart
Steve Wright has barely mentioned that this is the last week of his afternoon show.
It's all very low-key.

• Wow
Steve Wright has barely mentioned that this is the last week of his afternoon show.
It's all very low-key.
I’m clinging to the fact he said in the days following the announcement that he was ‘taking a break’ rather than leaving but I’m probably getting my hopes up too much.

I’m clinging to the fact he said in the days following the announcement that he was ‘taking a break’ rather than leaving but I’m probably getting my hopes up too much.
Definitely leaving his afternoon show sadly, nudged out though, like Paul O'Grady and Simon Mayo before him.

Reactions: 4
There's an excellent statement from Steve Wright on the bbc radio 2 website.
Taking a break from daytime radio, will still do Love Songs every Sunday morning and will present some festive specials on the station.
I reckon his whole "Big Show" format may appear again on Virgin or Greatest Hits Radio, or such?

There's an excellent statement from Steve Wright on the bbc radio 2 website.
Taking a break from daytime radio, will still do Love Songs every Sunday morning and will present some festive specials on the station.
I reckon his whole "Big Show" format may appear again on Virgin or Greatest Hits Radio, or such?
Just seen on popbitch email the rumour is he’s going to virgin radio

Reactions: 5
Sounds as though Steve Wright is playing a lot of his own favourite tunes on his last radio 2 afternoon show.
Think it has now hit him, the end of an era.
Good show so far

• Heart
@Bobby Chariot, thanks for starting a new thread but the 1st thread (#1) is still open and was still being used yesterday:

Apologies if you have already contacted moderation to ask for that thread to be closed and it hasn't been actioned yet. Also, cross referencing #1 with #2 here (y)

Reactions: 1
Sounds as though Steve Wright is playing a lot of his own favourite tunes on his last radio 2 afternoon show.
Think it has now hit him, the end of an era.
Good show so far
He is dropping hints as subtle as gas stoves as they say, that he is going elsewhere. Also I love this remix of dua lipa new rules he plays/played

He is dropping hints as subtle as gas stoves as they say, that he is going elsewhere. Also I love this remix of dua lipa new rules he plays/played
Yes he just said Serious Jockin' would be back in November.
So a nice Autumn break then back somewhere else.

@Bobby Chariot, thanks for starting a new thread but the 1st thread (#1) is still open and was still being used yesterday:

Apologies, if you have already contacted moderation to ask for that thread to be closed and it hasn't been actioned yet. Also, cross referencing #1 with #2 here (y)
Apologies Pat, I just started a new thread after it said "time for a new thread"
I am hopeless at these things, sorry folks :(

Thanks @Jelly Bean 👍

• Heart
Apologies Pat, I just started a new thread after it said "time for a new thread"
I am hopeless at these things, sorry folks :(

Thanks @Jelly Bean 👍
Nothing to apologise for as I don't know how to start a new thread, let alone close a previous one. I was just concerned to see two threads running concurrently so wanted to avoid confusion.

Yes, thanks @Jelly Bean

That was sad, Steve said it all really with his last few chosen tunes, Silver Linings, Harden My Heart, Radio GaGa.
The bbc/Radio 2 have lost the plot I feel.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.