BBC Presenter scandal #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And... action!

Mod edit, same as last thread
Stop posting that pic.
Stop reporting anytime someone posts that pic.
Mods have PTSD from being forced to see it dozens of times a day.o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 136
To recap the last thread: it’s all gone tits up and nobody really has a clue what’s happening or has happened 🥲🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Morning you mighty fine but questionable folk 😜

TLDR: Anything new to report on?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
We find out it's an elaborate advert for his return at the end of this
I feep like today society are become more tolerant or maybe some of us forced to be accepting of wrongful behaviour.
Jeremy Kyle was shocking but today no.

Madonna was racy for us wearing a conned bra and this person who is a victim doesnt seem to understand the magnitude of the crime committed to them.

Iimagine the parents are around my age near 40 or older and they see the despicable criminal viewpoint of this.

I think if the police haven't acted and this is all true I think it's shocking.
The manipulation, control. Brainwashing of the victim, never mind the drugs aspect.

Does anyone understand what I'm saying 🤔
I feel laws are being relaxed

Think we had that schoeffy stuff and no police investigation. Not from ITV, TM, Victim standpoint etc.
Whether a victim wants it or not their is a duty to investigate. Its got the public attention.
But it's all wrapped up. It's sinister AF.

Chilling to me.

But I think that's my generation nearing 40 and this story is a big deal to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
This "story" has more holes than a fishing net (an item which seems apt given the way it was brought to public attention)!

A few thoughts:

We can only real judge whether the BBC handled the situation correctly if we know what they were told or shown in this "hour long meeting". It appears they weren't given anything to identify or contact the young person. They were told the police had advised the stepdad nothing illegal had occurred. The mum/parents said they didn't want an investigation, just for 'payments to stop'. It doesn't seem that they were provided with any hard evidence of illegal activity on the part of their employee either.
So whatever action they took (which we'll probably never know) had to be a balance between the available evidence and their duty of care to their employee. That's probably why no suspension took place until 'new evidence came to light' (presumably the Sun's sworn affidavits from the parents, even though we don't know exactly what's in them).

The actual facts of the case are few and far between but it does point to a divided family - a he said/she said situation where parents were trying to intervene in an adult child's life and that intervention was/is unwelcome, particularly since they took the nuclear option of going to a tabloid.

It's interesting that the parents say they were privy to several phone calls between the young person and the presenter if this distrust existed. The snippets mentioned actually point to the presenter trying to distance themselves from the young person, but if another payment was made in June, does that suggest blackmail was taking place? And the nugget that the presenter "tried" to meet the young person at a railway station in May. For what reason? And why didn't they succeed? The Sun sure as hell would have been shouting about a 'sordid secret liaison' if they did!

Purely my opinion: the parents might well have been at the end of their tether but they've been naive at best in how they’ve handled things. They don't come across as particularly clued up as to how employers (or tabloids!) operate. It feels like they're now being manipulated by the Sun, whose agenda is very different. The Sun don't care about the wishes or needs of the family as long as they can stir up anti-BBC sentiment and distract from the misdeeds of Johnson, Osborne etc. The many male TV stars whose names have been dragged through the mud are collateral damage too. The BBC aren't responsible for that happening and, like I've already said, they have a duty of care to the presenter involved, so naming him isn't really an option if no criminality has been established.

Final thought (again purely speculative on my part): it's possible the presenters wife was aware of his bisexual leanings and tolerated him getting his jollies online. You never know what goes on behind closed doors. The real harm & humiliation can come about (or be made a 1000x worse) when the doors are blown off.

Whatever the actual dynamics are, it's just a total mess all round which has caused a world of hurt for both families. And for what reason...?

• Heart
Reactions: 68
To recap the last thread: it’s all gone tits up and nobody really has a clue what’s happening or has happened 🥲🤣
But he’s guilty, we have solid proof in the form of gossip. 🤣
we know.
they know.
Everyone knows 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Between the HE/he, son/Sun, Huw/who malarkey I am very confused, unconvinced and ready for gin 🥴
Thr era of pronouns

Even my Sky bill has signed off as pronouns

They/Them

Being politically correct is a bigger news story these days.

I wonder what Philly is up 👋
I wonder if ITV TM had that meeting 🤔 💭 🤔
ANY NEWS ON THAT FELLOWS TATTLERS KISS 😗

Reactions: 10
I think it's time for Huw's law; make it illegal to comment on if someone chooses to spend their own money on rent boys and illegal to speculate on if rent boys enjoy nose candy. Unless he avoided paying tax on his rent boy money then it's not illegal.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I feep like today society are become more tolerant or maybe some of us forced to be accepting of wrongful behaviour.
Jeremy Kyle was shocking but today no.

Madonna was racy for us wearing a conned bra and this person who is a victim doesnt seem to understand the magnitude of the crime committed to them.

Iimagine the parents are around my age near 40 or older and they see the despicable criminal viewpoint of this.

I think if the police haven't acted and this is all true I think it's shocking.
The manipulation, control. Brainwashing of the victim, never mind the drugs aspect.

Does anyone understand what I'm saying 🤔
I feel laws are being relaxed

Think we had that schoeffy stuff and no police investigation. Not from ITV, TM, Victim standpoint etc.
Whether a victim wants it or not their is a duty to investigate. Its got the public attention.
But it's all wrapped up. It's sinister AF.

Chilling to me.

But I think that's my generation nearing 40 and this story is a big deal to me.
More tolerant? I think its now the opposite people are now calling out awful behavior instead of keeping quiet

Reactions: 19
😃 Excellent summary. It's reminding me of when I acted as appropriate adult in a Police interview for a serious crime and and after hours hanging out in a Police Station waiting for something to happen. Then ages in a stressful but tedious "no comment interview"; I felt vaguely hysterical and just wanted to stand up and say "it was meeeeee, I DID IT" just to make it stop 😀

I just want something to happen now to give some clarity. Though hate myself for giving a tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
What do you guys think of that Indian article?
they reckon it’s John Kay.
I know we know who it’s likely to be like 90% sure.
Just curious to sound people off on other ideas.

Reactions: 4
It's like an Agatha Christie Whodunnit!

I still can't believe how the boy can afford such top prestigious lawyers. I think HE is paying. Jmo

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.