Bake Off - The Professionals

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Back on Tuesday (24th) at 8pm in channel 4

However tom Allen had been replaced by Stacey Solomon, gutted. I'll give it a go but not sure I'll be able to put up with her. What an odd choice

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Oh no I didn't realise stacey would be presenting I love that show too. Can't stand her so sadly I won't be watching anymore agree very strange choice.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Gutted he has left, need someone else with a sense of humour to replace him.

Reactions: 2
I personally don't like Tom Allen, but he's much better than Stacey Solomon.

Still think that Angus Deayton is the best host this show has ever had. Basically blended into the background, read out the points and made a few sarcastic comments and looks to camera. He was perfect.

Reactions: 6
I personally don't like Tom Allen, but he's much better than Stacey Solomon.

Still think that Angus Deayton is the best host this show has ever had. Basically blended into the background, read out the points and made a few sarcastic comments and looks to camera. He was perfect.
Exactly! The whole point of the professional show is that they're all phenomenal at what they do. We want to watch that, not the cringy filler bits that add precisely zero to the show.

Reactions: 5
I’m waiting for Liam to lose it, pick up a vat of molten chocolate and pour it over Stacey.
Then use the spun sugar skills he has used so successfully in bake off and spin a cage round her.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Stacey wasn't as bad as I feared, but she isn't the right fit either. She is too mumsy. If made it feel more like the normal bake off and not the professional one. It lacked humour and a slightly more grown up tone

Reactions: 1
Stacey wasn't as bad as I feared, but she isn't the right fit either. She is too mumsy. If made it feel more like the normal bake off and not the professional one. It lacked humour and a slightly more grown up tone
It wasn't a great first programme, maybe it will get better. Stacey didn't seem to fit in at all. Hopefully it will get better next week.

Without a comedian hosting it feels a bit flat. No offence to chefs (I am married to one 😆) but they can come across a bit serious and humourless and you need someone quick-witted and funny to lift the mood a bit

Without a comedian hosting it feels a bit flat. No offence to chefs (I am married to one 😆) but they can come across a bit serious and humourless and you need someone quick-witted and funny to lift the mood a bit
You are so right, let's hope they improve, it definitely is missing something to lift the mood.

Love this show-probably more than the amateurs nowadays. But as a previous poster said the pastry chefs do take things very seriously, added in the slight language barrier, or perhaps difference in sense of humour with some of the foreign chefs, means that someone clever and witty is needed to lighten the mood. Stacey playing dumb was not cool.
I had such a crush on Thibault from 2020.
Hoping the second batch are a little better though.

Can anyone access this on more4? It's not showing as available for us
I often find more4 really weird and unreliable when it comes to uploading TV. I want to watch George clarkes new show and that hasn't been added yet and says unavailable . It's a case of just keeping checking unfortunately, they get added eventually

Ellie Taylor has been announced as the new presenter alongside Liam! Very happy about this - this show really needs a comedian to co-present to stop is getting so serious and poe-faced

• Heart