Bad Habits

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Currently I have my son back home, my children are all from my first marriage. He’s in his late 20’s. I’ve just noticed some real annoying habits he does now since the last time he was home.

He brings a gaming console home, plugs it into the front room tv and leaves mess everywhere. I’m also the designated waitress for the evening.

I’m picking up discarded socks that I never had to do when he lived at home.

Husband is currently reliving youth, playing games and providing beer and is enabling this theme in the house. It’s a bit annoying.

Am I alone here? Are your partners or families habits as bad as this? Im trying to gauge this.

It sounds like a typical boy but by this age I'd expect them to grow out of it especially when it's not their house

I still live at home (with the cost of living on my wage I just can't afford it on my own) an there's no way my folks would put up with that from me, while I do have a games console, it's not in their living room, I have my own living space that it's in an I'd NEVER have the place a mess, as much as I live here it's still not my house, I could also imagine how fast I'd be kicked out if I expected my parents to act like a waiter/waitress as well

It sounds like he thinks because he's home he can be a kid again, have you spoken to him about it? I'd also speak to your husband as well about not enabling it so much, it isn't fair not to have the support of your husband or be treated like a waitress

It sounds like a typical boy but by this age I'd expect them to grow out of it especially when it's not their house

I still live at home (with the cost of living on my wage I just can't afford it on my own) an there's no way my folks would put up with that from me, while I do have a games console, it's not in their living room, I have my own living space that it's in an I'd NEVER have the place a mess, as much as I live here it's still not my house, I could also imagine how fast I'd be kicked out if I expected my parents to act like a waiter/waitress as well

It sounds like he thinks because he's home he can be a kid again, have you spoken to him about it? I'd also speak to your husband as well about not enabling it so much, it isn't fair not to have the support of your husband or be treated like a waitress
Very much this. He needs to realise he isn't a kid anymore and the boundaries of what he can get away with have changed.