Back to school troubles

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just wondering if anyone else had kids that have reacted badly to going back?
my son is reception age and he never batted an eyelid starting school in September but going back this week he has cried the whole walk down to school begging to stay to at home with me!
it’s took me by surprise and broke my heart leaving him sobbing. I know he’s fine once he’s there but just wondering if anyone else’s kids had acted this way, I know it’s normal with such a change!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
My son wasn’t crying but he was definitely quieter on the drive to school today. My daughter on the other hand was buzzing around with excitement but I am worried about him going forward. Their school has half term 26th March to 20th April, then 28th May to 7th June before finishing for Summer on the 9th July. I think he is going to struggle going back in September.

Reactions: 1
I'm really worried about my son, he was just starting to find his feet in reception in December. He now says he doesn't want to go in the mornings. I am just taking it each day at a time, his behaviour isn't that great at the moment and he is a bit withdrawn, there are a lot of emotional outbursts. I'm just trying to show him a lot of love, care and attention and hopefully it will all fall into place. Would be really interested to hear other people's experiences with reception children xx

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Think it’s very normal. I’ve got a year 8 tutor group and they have all been quite subdued since coming back. Think they’d all got too used to being at home. Must be worse for the younger ones who don’t understand

Reactions: 2
Give it time and they'll quite naturally soon get back into the swing of things. Its probably a bit of separation anxiety. No lasting damage. Kids are resilient.

Reactions: 4
I've heard the same from friends returning to work - the sore stomach / feeling of dread / sleepless night before the return to work ... it's like the adult version of crying. I think it's completely normal and understandable; it'll be fine once a routine is established.

Reactions: 3
How were everyone’s little ones when they got home? Looks like a good day was had by all for mine and my daughter has already planned a picnic with her best friend for the Easter holidays (lockdown permitting) and the parents have no say what so ever. The normality is already doing them a world of good.

Mine was okay definitely seeing a little improvement, I'm hopeful he will back to his normal self soon! Just realised last night we will be able to do a few things over the Easter holidays so that will be good to do! Xx