Awful Shopping Substitutions

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I once ordered Strawberry Jelly and ended up with KY Jelly (the lubricant), i definitely refused that sub πŸ˜ƒ

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I kid you not i ordered some body wash and got sent lube πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Ordered a few bars of dairy milk and got easter eggs
I buy soya milk and came as cows milk so I've turned my subs off and prefer to shop in store

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I ordered vegetarian meatballs and got a Chinese half duck and wrap set.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This thread is hilarious, makes me grateful I have switched off subs πŸ˜‚

Reactions: 2
From tesco I had ordered some lemon grass for a thai green curry and fresh parsley for crab linguine.
They had no lemon grass so they gave me an extra bunch of parsley.

They also once replaced some dairy free yoghurts in their free from range with a frozen free from range chocolate pudding that contained...dairy.

At christmas I ordered a Β£45 beef joint from waitrose and 2 quiches just to get up to delivery minimum.
The delivery man arrived with 2 quiches as they didn't have that cut of beef.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I once got popcorn in the delivery, instead of the peppercorns I'd ordered πŸ™„

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I ordered 2 Xbox one controllers, nothing else, got an email saying they had substituted them with candles. I couldn't even find a way to cancel the order either so the poor driver came out for nothing :ROFLMAO:
I am a home shopping picker and some of the suggested substitutes are just crazy, and you can tell the people who actually do their own shopping because they exercise common sense and over ride it.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m a picker at Waitrose on a Saturday and our handset is pretty good at the suggested subs. It’s usually a different brand of the same item or different pack size.
having said that you can sub for anything in the store in that department. Eg if picking from chilled the substitute has to be chilled, so you could replace a turkey with araspberry yogurt if you wanted to.

Reactions: 7
One Christmas we ordered a turkey to feed 8 people and it was substituted with 2 turkey steaks! πŸ™„

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Ordered kitchen roll and they substituted it for a pack of yellow fluffy dustersπŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I've not had any too WTF, but just a couple spring to mind that just...I don't think the pickers were thinking too hard that day.

Ordered 5 slices of deli chorizo. They didn't have any so sent me 5 full chorizo sausages! We were eating that shizz for months.

And last week I ordered a 2 for Β£2 deal, picked one multipack of Wotsits and one of Quavers. They didn't have Wotsits and said they had no subs. I don't understand why they didn't just swap it for more Quavers?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5