Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Daire

Yeh I've had some odd subs in the past! No cauliflower rice so got carrots....๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ
Swapped my yogurts for ice cream (eh?!)

Best one... none of my girly shower gel in stock, replaced for ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ

Mens shaving gel. I shit you not!
The worst sub I got was a a large bag of Haribo starmix in place of 2 blocks of Jelly

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Cocobean

VIP Member
Tesco seem to be struggling but got one on Asda for Saturday. Wonder what Iโ€™ll get delivered compared to what I ordered ๐Ÿ˜‚
Yeh I've had some odd subs in the past! No cauliflower rice so got carrots....๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

SNLGJ

My best sub was toothpaste instead of toothbrush - erm what did they think I was going to use the toothpaste on??

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Blunderous

Years ago, I ordered effervescent vitamin c tablets and got fizzy snakes. Which were really nice, to be fair.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Lynseyp

VIP Member
I once ordered Strawberry Jelly and ended up with KY Jelly (the lubricant), i definitely refused that sub ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Haha
Reactions: 18
My friend once ordered condoms with her weekly shop. They sent her a vibrating ring instead. We still laugh about it now ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 17

TheNiceBeardMan

VIP Member
I ordered a small Air fryer from asda with my groceries. Think it's was around ยฃ20. It was sold out so they sent me two mini deep fat fryers in substitution. I was astounded ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค”
Screenshot_20200312-103601_Gmail.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

Mrs Spud

I ordered 2 Xbox one controllers, nothing else, got an email saying they had substituted them with candles. I couldn't even find a way to cancel the order either so the poor driver came out for nothing :ROFLMAO:
I am a home shopping picker and some of the suggested substitutes are just crazy, and you can tell the people who actually do their own shopping because they exercise common sense and over ride it.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Oopsididitagainandagain

As an ex picker for a supermarket, i can honestly say it all depends on who picks your items! Some of the people had no common sense and didnโ€™t use their brain when it comes to subs. Most of the time youโ€™d get a suitable sub come up on your handset so youโ€™d go and get that but other times it was bizarre so those of us with common sense would ignore it and choose something suitable, other people would just choose that item ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ For example, you wouldnโ€™t have any fresh lasagnes in stock, the sub would be a tikka masala, those with common sense would get a frozen lasagne but the dim amongst us would get the tikka masala ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Catwinky

Chatty Member
From tesco I had ordered some lemon grass for a thai green curry and fresh parsley for crab linguine.
They had no lemon grass so they gave me an extra bunch of parsley.

They also once replaced some dairy free yoghurts in their free from range with a frozen free from range chocolate pudding that contained...dairy.

At christmas I ordered a ยฃ45 beef joint from waitrose and 2 quiches just to get up to delivery minimum.
The delivery man arrived with 2 quiches as they didn't have that cut of beef.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9

Hc68759

VIP Member
I once ordered two beef steaks and got two beef tomatoes instead. Also ordered a vegetarian lasagne once when I wasnโ€™t eating meat - they substituted it for a meat one instead ๐Ÿ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 8