Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
This is the tea we are here for!
Also one other thing. EVERYONE in the industry who knows what is what reads these forums. All of your opinions matter so much!
If im looking for talent for my brand I’ll Google name + tattle or name + guru gossip etc to get an overview of anything dodgy that they’ve done.
the people in the industry that don’t do this refuse to do it because they want to be besties with the talent - they think they’re mini influencers themselves it’s so cringey.
I was working on a campaign this month that was meant to be very family friendly and I had Jodi Gordon pitched to me - ya know, the same Jodi Gordon that did a bunch of coke with bikies and got busted by the cops hiding under a coffee table.
numbers are also SUPER inflated to cover for using talent with poor engagement but could be mates with one of the pr people. An easy way to do this is to pitch your story to the Daily Mail, as they have a super large readership and it inflates the numbers in your report to the client.
super dodgy, but super regular.
PS ignore my grammatical/spelling sitch. I’m a few margs deep on vaycay ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 53

notgifted

VIP Member
Love her or hate her but LBD (Lauren Dubious) puts so much effort into her ads & partnerships, companies that work with her would be getting bang for buck, unlike half these other flogs who pop an ad up slapped together in the car or on an inmate scabby bed.

Reactions: 39

Bopip

VIP Member
I don’t understand who would pay to see Bec’s tree or dinner ideas. Or anyone’s really.
The only way I can see this working for any influencer is if they put all their ads on their public Insta and put all the family non sponsored stuff on the sub channel. Which would mean they’re selling their family life to finance themselves. It’s an odd way to make money, that’s for sure.
People like Bec Judd, who are wealthy, should be ashamed of themselves. Most of the people paying to watch these vultures live their vapid existences are likely regular people on middle or lower incomes, who have to budget for their groceries, school fees, fuel, holidays, Christmas presents etc. I cannot wait until influencer culture and all of the talentless, toxic, vacuous people who use it to manipulate people are a thing of the past.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

ActiveLies

VIP Member
It’s a really simple thing re: influencers and criticism. The minute you monetise your content and whatever you post is part of your brand, you become a business. That’s entirely their choice, and that choice comes with the new ability to be criticised and have people share their opinions. Just like how Google reviews and Yelp and word of mouth allows people to share companies who are untruthful, whose products suck, who provide poor service etc etc. An influencer is a business. They operate in the public sphere. Criticism comes with that. Some people go overboard with criticism, but you need only read some google reviews of restaurants etc to see that there’s people who go a bit hard in any situation they don’t agree with. Influencers can’t bang on about how hard they work and how it’s a real job, but then expect to be beyond reproach. Nobody asked them to make their lives a business, that’s their choice and entirely on them.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

therealsmilf

VIP Member
Fuck I can stand that influencer updates - she behaves like a child.

My favourite part of her complaining about her tattle is the very next slide being the Intel she got from tattle about Sophie Cachia makeup.

She's done that multiple times. Bagged tattle then posted tea from here.

She's not real smart that one 🙄

Oh but I did forget that's she's accountant and she understands how Govt paid parental leave works 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36

PiesAndLattes

VIP Member
I have no idea who she is but just looked at her page. She’s very glam and that’s her 5th boy and she’s got this crazy mansion! View attachment 1786315
Jesus that is some serious money. I also love how you could barely see the baby in the previous photo 😂

Edit:

- she’s only 27
- her kids are Apollo, Adonis, Atlantis, Pharaoh and Ambrose 🤪

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Unpopular opinion maybe but I’m glad Em Rusciano shared her autism diagnosis. Everyone seems happy to declare their ADHD diagnosis now and that’s great, but there’s so much stigma around autism still. We don’t say, “you’ve only got one leg, you’re not disabled enough! What are you doing about people with no legs?!?” Her experiences are valid. She was also only diagnosed last week, give her a chance 😂.

I couldn’t stand Em on radio, but I enjoy following her now. As someone that’s been wondering about autism ever since I got my ADHD diagnosis years ago, I’m pleased that she’s sharing her experience. I relate to all of the symptoms she mentioned, but always put them down to ADHD.

Autism is so misunderstood in girls, more so than ADHD. ASD and ADHD and how they interact are really misunderstood too, very similar, frequently concurring…but also total opposites. I saw how many young autistic girls absolutely lost their minds with glee at Chloe Hayden and Heartbreak High (or just over Chloe in general). Representation matters. Em sharing will undoubtedly help many more people.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Do you have any goss on any other Melbourne based influencers? ☕
Sure thing! Sorry for the super late response, end of year stuff gets pretty busy in my industry. I’ve had a pretty varied career across PR/journalism/marketing, so I have plenty of stories on Influencers and celebrities alike. Elyse Perry is by far the rudest public figure I’ve had the displeasure of dealing with. Im really shocked that nothing has come out about Bert Newton, he makes/made my stomach churn. Surprisingly, my coworkers would work with Sophie Cachia any day over her ex BFF Abby Gilmore (I know that’s hard to hear, she’s actually super professional to deal with as a peer). The rudest influencer? Like ever is Rachel Aust. I had to leave a function because of her behaviour to those she thinks are lesser than her. If I didn’t leave I would have tackled her and lost my job for the shit she pulled. Brooke Styles and Ruby Golani are the NICEST people you will ever meet. Back when he was a beauty influencer, Michael Finch would charge over $20k for a single post.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

influencerstalk

I didn't mind Ellidy at first but I really don't like her parenting style. It bothers how much Minnie is passed around and always seems so chaotic. Poor kid needs some structure and calmness. It might work for them and not be the case but based off what it looks like on insta. It really irks me.
I started reading it as my husband and father of my 3 kids passed away this year and people kept telling me I should… but maybe I just wasn’t ready to or something but couldn’t get into it. I agree w the passing around of Minnie and sleeping in random places. She is definitely a well loved child but needs structure of some sort. I was quite relaxed w my kids but always had traditions etc which my kids thanked me for still doing this Xmas, the first without their Dad. It’s lovely for Ellidy that she had Minnie, but Minnie might feel differently when she is older choosing to have her after her Dad had died. I breaks my heart seeing my kids not have their Dad at all these milestone events - last day of kindy we just had, school formals, father / daughter and father / son events at school… but it wasn’t a choice we made.

• Heart
Reactions: 28