Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sandra_1984

I also live on the Sunshine Coast! What a crazy small world!

The fires are horrific and don’t even get me started on the prime minister! Terrifying to imagine how much worse it can still get, it’s just so dry.
Fellow local tattler ♥ this has made me happy!
Hopefully we will get some more rain soon. The stuff we had at Christmas was a god send but we definitely need more hey XX

PartOfMe

Does Australia really need money donating? One of the richest countries out there and despite how prone they are to fires the government said no to having a proper fleet of aircraft to help fight them 🤦🤦 why do so many rich countries be ran by idiots?! The UK is just the same.

My thoughts are with all that gave been affected. There will be a lung cancer increase so the final toll is much higher and difficult to calculate ☹

Sorry my post sounds ignorant. I'm sure loads are in need of money. But that's a real shame that the country has its resources so badly allocated that its looking for outside help. Shame on the pollutions 😠

boredjess

VIP Member
Aussie here, our PM is just SMH full stop.
Just saw the Kylie ad. She doesn't even live over here anymore so isn't the best person to promote Australia. So strange. I do love Kylie though
Not sure which area you're in in Australia... it's such a catastrophe! Wish there's more everyone can do to help

annanuttall

VIP Member
It so sad what happening in Australia :( I understand these bushfires are part of nature - but this is something else! It is so scary and sad.

lannx

Does anyone living in Oz has some tea on the drama between Ben Gillies and Daniel Johns?

Daniel is back with a bang selling merch faster than speed of light, suddenly Ben is out with a couple projects involving Silverchairs name. It's clear they are not on speaking terms and I believe its down to money...

Daniel was Ben's best man but they don't follow each other (they both follow Chris, the band former bass player - he never posts on instagram). A few days ago Daniel shared a post about a rare interview Chris gave to a radio station but he hardly talks about Ben (from a band context) in interviews.

PartOfMe

Because just as the victims of Grenfel, many of whom are still living in hotels now, it will take months, if not years for the money to reach people who’s houses have been destroyed and people need help now!

Also the governments highest priority will not be the animals. There are people out in the bush now rescuing animals and giving them care and unfortunately the only way they can do this is with money.

Thanks to Celeste Barber alone, there is now $30million almost readily available for the people and animals they are in desperate need!

The cost of the devastation caused is monumental and there’s so many that need it now.
Point taken, but with a country with a tax take as high as Austria there should be emergency funding available.

Almost a year ago there were only 3 families left living in hotels from Grenfell https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...urvivor-legal-fight-council-flat-without-lift so you might be a bit misinformed on that. The main problem with rehoming people from Grenfell was getting that much accommodation in the right area - very difficult in central wear London.

Australian politics seems as screwed as the UK. I'm glad to hear of rain in Australia and temperatures falling 🤞 the situation is getting better and the government pulls its fingers out!