Audible

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to be a member but have recently returned to it and I don't seem to be able to pay for individual audio books, everything I look at links to becoming a paid member.

Do you now have to be a paid member to buy and listen to any audible book?

Edit - never mind, apparently you can only do it in Web browser now.

Hi, I’m just posting here to see if anyone has any Audible recommendations. I find that I love Audible these days due to toddler commitments 😉

Here are some I’d recommend. The reader makes all the difference of course.

Dark Matter (Michelle Paver read by Jeremy Northam)

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine

The Bell Jar read by Maggie Gyullenhaal - really brought this to life

The Secret History by Donna Tartt - brilliant because Donna reads this herself and she has a lovely voice.

Juliet Stephenson is also a great narrator.

Does anyone know how to cancel your subscription please?! I’ve tried doing it through the app and on the site but it won’t let me!

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know how to cancel your subscription please?! I’ve tried doing it through the app and on the site but it won’t let me!
You should be able to remove whatever payment method you are using but I think you have to go into Amazon and do it. HTH

Hi, I’m just posting here to see if anyone has any Audible recommendations. I find that I love Audible these days due to toddler commitments 😉

The Secret History by Donna Tartt - brilliant because Donna reads this herself and she has a lovely voice.

I am very much the same.. I used to listen to audible before having my son but I use it much more frequently since having him 😂

I LOVED Eleanor oliphant is completely fine!

I also liked ..

Elizabeth is missing by Emma healey

i see you by Clare Mackintosh

I’ve also listened to 2 of the “the Thursday murder club” books and am on my third just now (the third book is a different narrator so I’m just getting used to that!)

There’s also a book I listened to called how to keep house while drowning, and it was incredibly helpful when I was at a point where I quite frankly felt like I was drowning in housework and looking after baby!
---

I am very much the same.. I used to listen to audible before having my son but I use it much more frequently since having him 😂

I LOVED Eleanor oliphant is completely fine!

I also liked ..

Elizabeth is missing by Emma healey

i see you by Clare Mackintosh

I’ve also listened to 2 of the “the Thursday murder club” books and am on my third just now (the third book is a different narrator so I’m just getting used to that!)

theres also the JD KIRK books which I love but have lots and lotssss of swearing in, so make sure you have headphones if you want to try them out 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 1