Atomic Kitten

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks @TruffleTrifle for the suggestion to make a Kittens thread as we are all reminiscing on the Sugababes and Girls Aloud threads at how iconic the noughties were. What a shame IG and Tattle weren’t around then 😂 so any tea on the kittens or any praise? I personally loved Liz.
Who remembers Jenny Frost being papped on the yacht with PRINCE ANDREW shortly before she replaced Kerry... gotta be some tea there

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Whole Again was my first CD single. LOVED Eternal Flame.

They have sooo many good tunes...
It's Ok
The Tide is High
Feels So Good
Walking on Water
The Last Goodbye

Reactions: 6
I loved Liz’s cover of Woman In Love but the video was so cringe 😂 I honestly thought they’d do alright as solo artists and Tash would be the Geri/Cheryl/Rachel Stevens of the band and get a decent banger or two in the top 5 but no :(

Reactions: 3
I loved Liz’s cover of Woman In Love but the video was so cringe 😂 I honestly thought they’d do alright as solo artists and Tash would be the Geri/Cheryl/Rachel Stevens of the band and get a decent banger or two in the top 5 but no :(
Can we have a thread for S Club 7 / Juniors too? LOL

Thanks @Trolleydollycoffeelover for making the thread! I had the whole again album and I think I must’ve bored my parents to death by playing it so often 😂 I loved Liz most, always got confused that Kerry was in then out, replaced by Jenny Frost, and then back again, then she left again?!

Thanks @Trolleydollycoffeelover for making the thread! I had the whole again album and I think I must’ve bored my parents to death by playing it so often 😂 I loved Liz most, always got confused that Kerry was in then out, replaced by Jenny Frost, and then back again, then she left again?!
Did you like Jenny’s old band Precious too? I loved them and feel they could have made it big if they were marketed better.

Reactions: 5
Aww I loved Atomic Kitten when I was growing up (32 now 🤪) I have fond memories of sitting with my Sony discman listening to their cds on repeat 😎🤣 I also got to see them in concert 🤩🥳

Reactions: 5
Oh my god I loved atomic kitten.
I still listen to them to this day ha.
I went through a phase when I was 15 ish of wanting blonde hair like Jenny and wearing white like the eternal flame video

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Kerry Katona, despite being very young and tone deaf, supposedly turned up to her audition for the band with her glamour model shots (aka topless pictures for the menz magazines / translation for the young’uns on this fred ;) ). Cut from the same cut as a certain contemporary Jordan character.

Katona‘s departure from the band led to an ultra fast reshooting of Whole Again for the US market - for a while the music channels would cycle between the two.

Always felt a soft spot for her - she “lost” the divorce with McFadden (in the reputation sense), but in reality he was a cheating tit who didn’t want her to have primary custody of their children. He actively fought to have them removed from her and left with his family in Ireland so he could run to Oz with his mistress, Delta Goodrem, without being followed by any child support lark.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Kerry Katona, despite being very young and tone deaf, supposedly turned up to her audition for the band with her glamour model shots (aka topless pictures for the menz magazines / translation for the young’uns on this fred ;) ). Cut from the same cut as a certain contemporary Jordan character.

Katona‘s departure from the band led to an ultra fast reshooting of Whole Again for the US market - for a while the music channels would cycle between the two.

Always felt a soft spot for her - she “lost” the divorce with McFadden (in the reputation sense), but in reality he was a cheating tit who didn’t want her to have primary custody of their children. He actively fought to have them removed from her and left with his family in Ireland so he could run to Oz with his mistress, Delta Goodrem, without being followed by any child support lark.
Yes I remember watching her downward spiral after the divorce as a teen reading teen gossip mags and occasionally borrowing my mum’s Heat magazine (omg remember Heat?!)... it was sad to see. I loved Delta’s song innocent eyes but then I feel like her career in the uk kind of tailed off after that? Obviously she’s huge in Oz still. (I could be wrong as in my mid teens I had a serious emo then metalhead phase and missed a few years of pop music 😁)

Did you like Jenny’s old band Precious too? I loved them and feel they could have made it big if they were marketed better.
Now that’s nostalgia! I honestly don’t think I’ve thought about this era of music this much since it was happening lol!

Reactions: 4
I think they made a documentary at some stage I remember watching it they had Josh as a baby in tour with them, loved Jenny

Reactions: 1
They had some good tunes, I still occasionally listen to It's OK now, and Someone Like Me (remember that one?)
Jenny used to present Snog, Marry, Avoid on BBC3 with POD the makeover machine, I used to like watching that :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 9