Athomewithliv #1 thoughts?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As annoying as her bestie tbh.
Her fella always looks shell shocked when he's with the kid. He looks useless. That reel where they are putting Arlo to bed and he's being a pest her fella is just useless. I'd have to send him away and let me deal with the kid.

Reactions: 1
I have watched her for a few months now, I don’t watch her cleaning videos but I watch her vlogs. I used to quite like her but I’m having mixed thoughts now. She always mentions her adhd but she’s said herself she’s never been diagnosed so I don’t think she should be constantly going on about it, but it does seem like a trend with these influencers. I could imagine for people who do actually have ADHD they would find this frustrating. Her boyfriend is a total wet wipe. Interested in others thoughts on her.

Reactions: 2
My thoughts kind of go on and off really.

So I like her and I think she’s great with arlo.

But I feel like she’s trying to make her depression and his ‘SEN’ her personality.

I’ve taken anti depressants for years but I don’t bang on about it.

Every video has the same title.

She’s gone HAM on the idea of it being SEN. When at the moment there’s no diagnosis or clear situation either way, it’s just one thing that’s being considered. It could just be his temperament or his own timeline of development. Not to mention some of the half arsed parenting and constantly being exasperated by regular toddler behaviour that her see.
I’d not be in a rush to share something in such early stages of being considered, when it’s not even definitive - and if things do go that what then sit with it for a while and figure out how to help him, not use it for content. I really didn’t like how she laid into that woman who suggested it’s unfair to Arlo to film all of his ‘worst’ moments and post them on the internet moaning about him.

I think the best thing for Liv would be to get a normal job again. Get into a proper routine, meet some new people as she doesn’t really seem to mention friends etc. She seems to have been sucked into pinning her self worth to likes/subscribes and taking it to heart that she doesn’t have a big fancy house like some other influencers.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
She’s gone HAM on the idea of it being SEN. When at the moment there’s no diagnosis or clear situation either way, it’s just one thing that’s being considered. It could just be his temperament or his own timeline of development. Not to mention some of the half arsed parenting and constantly being exasperated by regular toddler behaviour that her see.
I’d not be in a rush to share something in such early stages of being considered, when it’s not even definitive - and if things do go that what then sit with it for a while and figure out how to help him, not use it for content. I really didn’t like how she laid into that woman who suggested it’s unfair to Arlo to film all of his ‘worst’ moments and post them on the internet moaning about him.

I think the best thing for Liv would be to get a normal job again. Get into a proper routine, meet some new people as she doesn’t really seem to mention friends etc. She seems to have been sucked into pinning her self worth to likes/subscribes and taking it to heart that she doesn’t have a big fancy house like some other influencers.
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. A health visitor suggests SEN and now all of a sudden all of her videos are about her SEN child which isn’t even diagnosed. Seems like a Normal toddler to me.

I also don’t understand mothers commenting on her videos praising her as they also have children with SEN. I would be like ‘why are you pretending your kid has SEN?’ I would be quite annoyed I think!

She seems like an attention seeker to me. First depression, then she has ADHD. Now her child has SEN and now the birth trauma.

Oh and the PND.

Seems like she has everything.

Reactions: 2
Tbf I think her child is SEN. It's like a sendar, other SEN parents can spot a SEN child a mile off. He seems a lot, he's so aggy.
SEN kids are normal too though. I hate it when people say "seems like a normal child" SEN isn't an abnormality. NT is not always the goal.
You might think she's going ham, but you can't always wait the 2 years it takes to get to the top of the wait list.
Anyway that's enough of sticking up for her.

I more meant immediately launching into using it as a content hook is the thing that’s off to me.

Being open minded about a possible diagnosis and launching headfirst into researching what’s out there in terms of support and intervention is different.

I have mixed thoughts, she is good with Arlo and comes up with lots of lovely ideas for time with him and keeps her home lovely but she definitely would benefit by getting a proper job and getting out the house to meet people.

I know she wants to spread SEN awareness but I disagree with filming Arlo's tantrums. She is very passive too. She's filmed Arlo being purposely destructive and hitting, kicking etc. and there's no discipline or consequences! Maybe he does have some sort of SEN but he also needs boundaries and consequences for unacceptable behaviour.

Her fella is bloody useless too!

It feels so awkward when she's filming him kicking off and then she keeps looking to the camera to check it's still on.

When I said he seems like a normal toddler, I didn’t mean children with SEN we not ‘normal’ I meant his behaviour seems that of a standard child of his age. Like toddlers have tantrums! And I say that as a toddler mum.