Apple Genius Bar

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can advise about an apple repair I require on my 8 plus. Basically, my screen was smashed to pieces. Husband tried to replace the screen, having done this numerous times in the past successfully. However, the home button no longer works. Took it to a phone repair shop and was told they would be able to replace the button but the touch ID would no longer work.

Does anyone know if Apple would repair after having tried to fix this ourselves, and roughly what they would charge? Looked online and it shows up at around £400 as "other repair"

Thanks

Reactions: 1
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can advise about an apple repair I require on my 8 plus. Basically, my screen was smashed to pieces. Husband tried to replace the screen, having done this numerous times in the past successfully. However, the home button no longer works. Took it to a phone repair shop and was told they would be able to replace the button but the touch ID would no longer work.

Does anyone know if Apple would repair after having tried to fix this ourselves, and roughly what they would charge? Looked online and it shows up at around £400 as "other repair"

Thanks
I cracked the screen on my 8+ and paid £160 for a new screen!