Anyone who had covid had heartburn and reflux?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been suspected so many times of having covid and always came back negative but this time I feel strange. I made a big mistake over a week ago, I itched my eye and I realised I hadn't bleeping washed my hands after I'd been shopping. Such a stupid idiot I am! I am usually so particular with washing hands, sanitising and wiping down my phone and door knobs on a regular basis and especially after going out. I've already had a test done today and I am waiting for my results but my symptoms for the past 3 days I have been fatigued, I have a weird feeling in my chest like fluttering feeling and now it feels like I need to cough out a load of phlegm but my throat and airways feel dry and now I am experiencing awful heartburn and reflux which I know we all get it from time to time but for me it has been constant. My blood pressure and oxygen readings are all normal. I am worried but nothing I can do except hope I didn't catch it :(

Would you say you are overly stressed or anxious about catching covid? I only ask because your symptoms sound more like anxiety /stress than typical covid symptoms. If you're very worried about catching it maybe you've got yourself worked up after touching your eye and that's what's causing these symptoms. I'm sorry if this isn't the case, I just thought it was worth a suggestion x

Reactions: 1
I had Covid in January and have noticed an increase in heartburn, so much so I now carry Gaviscon wherever I go.

funnily enough I was getting tight chest, heartburn etc, I did put it down to a lot of stress and anxiety but it also crossed my mind it could have been covid, I’ll never know but now you mention it I do wonder 🤷‍♀️

Would you say you are overly stressed or anxious about catching covid? I only ask because your symptoms sound more like anxiety /stress than typical covid symptoms. If you're very worried about catching it maybe you've got yourself worked up after touching your eye and that's what's causing these symptoms. I'm sorry if this isn't the case, I just thought it was worth a suggestion x
Honestly, before I was absolutely petrified and I do have health anxiety but I can say deep down that now, I am not worried about it. If I get it then I get it. I didn't give it a second thought when I itched my eye that time, I did think oops but then moved on from it.. it was only when I felt a bit crap that I realised I didn't wash my hands. Absolutely right though I have had episodes where I have felt breathless like this when I'm having an anxiety attack but at the moment I feel OK, anxiety wise.. Just a bit miffed that I wasn't careful enough x

funnily enough I was getting tight chest, heartburn etc, I did put it down to a lot of stress and anxiety but it also crossed my mind it could have been covid, I’ll never know but now you mention it I do wonder 🤷‍♀️
I am still waiting for my results but I think chances are it's not more than it is.. Covid seems to cause strange symptoms. X

I had Covid in January and have noticed an increase in heartburn, so much so I now carry Gaviscon wherever I go.
Very weird. Luckily I have peppermint antacids for when I eat super spicy food which causes me heart burn and they did help when I had a couple. X

Reactions: 1