Anyone here been to a yogi/buddhist retreat?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am thinking of going to one in India and getting away from things. I need to de-stress a bit and just experience what it's like. I hear they are very good and relaxing, so I'm intrigued. Any of you tried it?

Reactions: 1
Do it!

The closest thing I've been to like this, is a retreat in New Zealand (where I live).

Mine was for seven days. The first and last two were dedicated to inner health, wellbeing and happiness teachings, diet, breathing exercises, yoga, pilates, massage, chakra work and meditation (a how-to lesson on how to do it properly, followed by practice sessions); and the three in the middle were focused on silent meditation.

I thought I'd find the three days in the middle really difficult, but I've never felt so relaxed - and able to go with the flow with ease - in my life!

I was one of five people, which felt like the perfect number. The people running the session were experts in their fields and came from all over the world (there would have been about six that came in at different times to address their specialty topic).

I came away having learnt so much ... I'd love to do it again some day.

Last edited: