Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
I am but am hoping to do longer than just Jan, I need to loose a lot of weight and would rather have the calories in gin as a bar of chocolate!

Reactions: 1

Rlulu67

I am and I’m really struggling which is ridiculous! I’m starting a new job on Monday and want a clear head.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I am and I’m really struggling which is ridiculous! I’m starting a new job on Monday and want a clear head.
Do you have a ‘witching hour’ where you would normally have a drink? , is that where you’re struggling?

Honestly , it gets easier and if you stick to it this time next week you’ll feel much better.

Stick with it and good luck with the job 😊

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Nope. This will sound bad, but I find it surprising that some people struggle to even go one month without alcohol. I've never been a big drinker though, even as a teenager, I think because people in my family had alcohol issues so it put me off.

CosmicCreepers

Chatty Member
When you say on the verge of alcoholism , how much are you drinking because, and I’m saying this with kindness , if you are at that point , staying dry in January is the least of your worries.

There are a lot of people who wish it could be easy to decline a drink but sadly it isn’t the case.
Not now but earlier this year, I don't want to put that label on myself as it is a serious problem and not to be taken lightly. It was certainly becoming a habit, and as someone whose friends love to drink, it can be the social pressure that can make you drink so much.

Rlulu67

Do you have a ‘witching hour’ where you would normally have a drink? , is that where you’re struggling?

Honestly , it gets easier and if you stick to it this time next week you’ll feel much better.

Stick with it and good luck with the job 😊
Ah thanks! My friends are just too social and I live in a house share with 6 people that all LOVE a drink so I’m being super antisocial and avoiding them ... I think I need to get a hobby 🤦🏼‍♀️