Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
My sister is a nurse, so she has already had her COVID vaccine. This gave her flu-like symptoms for a couple of days and a neighbour noticed she was looking run-down, so she mentioned she was recovering from side-effects of the vaccine. They instantly started in on conspiracy theory stuff ... she said she could have burst into tears!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 21

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
I used to enjoy reading conspiracies as a bit of fun, some I believed some I did not and it seemed ok to point this out at one time and even have a discussion, but it’s all gone a bit nuts over the last year, anyone who has questions or doesn’t go along with what ever the qanon lot are spouting gets called a sheep and told to ‘open your eyes’ ‘do your research’. They claim to be a welcoming community but will shun anyone who has even a shred of doubt about the whole thing. Makes it very hard to actually have a discussion with these people.
Apologies for chopping your post down, but I couldn't agree with this more. I was only recently saying myself that I used to find conspiracy theories quite fun and enjoyed reading them from time to time. Not necessarily believing any of them, but finding it interesting how people would create such theories and connect the dots in such an elaborate way.

But, it's probably fair to say that back in the day, the types of CT's that seem to be everywhere now would, at one time, just be the fodder of a minority of oddballs (or, lets say, people who may have very little going on in their lives) and would be found in some obscure forum in a remote corner of the Internet. Now, due to social media, they spread like wildfire and your more regular, 'normal' person is getting entirely sucked in.

So now, such theories actually seem so much more dangerous.

Speaking of 'critical thinkers' has everyone also come across the new wave of 'Freedom Thinkers'? 😆

Barb

Agree. They should be charged for spreading such dangerous misinformation that could literally kill someone.
I just can't wait for it to be over and nobody is microchipped and everything is fine so I can say 'HA YOU WERE WRONG'.
There's a few things that have already happened this year, Ellen, Oprah Chrissy T, none of them in jail despite wearing those ankle things in the summer. Tom Hanks appeared on Graham Norton despite being dead/ hiding in Greece where p3dos are legal (it's not legal) Hillary hasn't melted due to lack of adrenochrome. Trump, although having 4 years to 'drain the swamp' hasn't done anything to all these supposed child traffickers, 5G hasn't done anything to anyone who has been vaccinated, the rapture didn't suck anyone into the sky, and (disappointingly) Aliens (not even fake hologram ones) have come to put us out of our misery.... no one acknowledges it when things don't happen. 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Haha

colouredlines

VIP Member
Scary. I feel like with these qanon and covid conspiracies, people often fall for them because they need something to "believe" or "blame" and they can't make sense of the fact that pandemics simply happen or don't understand how they happen so a conspiracy is more simple to them. I am biased as I am athiest but I don't think relgion is much different - many turn to it when they need someone to "blame" or to understand something more simply. I've always found religion hard much like this conspiracy as nothing would convince me that God etc is real. I am very stubborn though lol and believe in science and evolution.
There's a big religious aspect to many CTs - it always seems to be Satanism, doesn't it?

I don't get why the Illuminati apparently have to advertise themselves as such. If I were part of a secret cabal controlling the world I wouldn't be sending coded tweets to my millions of followers or making music videos full of hidden messages, you know?

• Haha
  • Heart

jazyblu

Chatty Member
Did you hear the Pope was supposedly arrested for child trafficking over the weekend? I mean this is such a nonsensical claim that can be disproved in less than a second, but that's what they want you to believe! 🙄
Uhh the pope is actually in FBI custody I’ll have you know, just don’t think too critically about the logistics of how that could actually work though. Just you wait, all will be revealed soon, BIG changes are coming and then you’ll be sorry you big sheeple!!!

• Haha

Meh

Chatty Member
Looks like I’ve found my tribe! I NEED this thread to counteract the bullshit CT I can’t stop myself from reading! I like to get a fully rounded perspective by looking at both sides of an argument and then challenge something I don’t find credible but that allegedly makes me one of the sheeple (I hate that word so much, along with lamestream media and other bon mots that seem to populate those threads 😤).
Yep! I posted this list of words commonly used in conspiracy theorist / Trump supporter circles on a different thread a couple weeks back. Think it’s relevant here, a glossary if you will of frustrating words/phrases. The startings of CT bullshit bingo

New World Order
Sheep / Sheeple
George Soros
“Here... watch this video to open your eyes” *video always from a highly dubious source*
WAAAAKE UP!
The Great Reset
PLANdemic
MSM
LAMEstream media
Fake news!
Bill Gates
Microchips
I strongly recommend you do your own research (the most patronising of all!)
China...
BLM
Communism
Antifa (I reference to some big mythical club with major membership 😂🙄)

• Haha
  • Heart

Its_Me

VIP Member
There’s nothing I love more than proving a conspiracy theorist wrong when they share a photo of something that they obviously have not checked to see if it was legit or not. My cousin shared a photo a few weeks ago of Nicola Sturgon posing with her arms wrapped around another person at a gala which had been shared with the caption that she had been breaking lockdown rules to attend a gala! I soon stood him up sharing a screenshot of the original photo from all the way back in 2017 😂😂😂😂 some people....
I’m at the point now though that I wouldn’t even bother pointing it out because I know I would be hit back with ‘Thats what they want you to think!’ 😂

Also, it’s always the people I know who have taken/smoked too many drugs in the past....

• Haha
Reactions: 20

CatCafe234

VIP Member
When the far right go on about Hillary being a crook yet that is exactly what Trump is.
I have often thought about small-town America, and I can’t help but think that if Trump were a used-car salesman in a lot of these places then people would see him for exactly what he is, and they wouldn’t touch his cars with a barge-pole. He’s got it all - the dodgy past, the string of mistresses, the trophy wife and the prom-queen daughter. He’s a terrible businessman and if he were doing what he’s been doing on a small scale, he’d be a local joke. I can’t remember the actual quote but there’s a saying about how if you’re going to commit a crime, commit a crime that’s so big that people just don’t see it. That sums up Trump so well.

emm

VIP Member
not exactly a conspiracy theory, but an influencer/vlogger I semi follow (Wheres Mollie) just for escapist travel content (never seemed particularly clever but a nice girl), has recently started some kind of course on "breathwork" and started posting about how "breathing correctly" can stop viruses/bacteria from entering your body, implying that CVOID could be prevented by breathing "correctly".
I found this ridiculous, obv, then about a week ago (in stories so nothing stayed up long) started posting about how she doesn't really believe in COVID, MSM, "do your research", "i am not a scientist but I have a gut feeling..." It is so scary how many people seem to be sucked into this madness atm

• Wow
  • Sad

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I think when all this is over a few of the covid deniers that have gone to extremes (on social media and in person) to get their “message” out there belong in prison cells or they should receive a hefty fine.

• Heart

Vroomvroom

Chatty Member
Loving this thread.

I'm worried about the whole 'don't trust experts' rhetoric that's now popular. While so called experts don't always get it right, people who dedicate their career (or life) should be listened to and taken seriously. They do know more than Joe blogs on Facebook.

• Heart

jazyblu

Chatty Member
I just find it ironic that the same people who automatically believe that this person is having unusual symptoms so it must have been caused by the vaccine, are the same ones who have banged on about how we shouldn't believe the death toll figures because they report those who "died WITH Covid" rather than OF it.

By this logic they are saying that just because someone had Covid and died it doesn't mean that Covid caused the death... So surely it should also follow that just because someone had the vaccination and then experienced seizures, it doesn't mean that the vaccination caused the symptoms. 🤷‍♀️
This is the most frustrating thing! You can’t believe the official stats, can’t believe the medical officers at the top of their field, can’t believe the doctors saying their hospitals are being overwhelmed ... but will believe a random video on Instagram that could literally be filmed any time and be uploaded by anyone! There is zero logic or critical thinking involved.

• Heart

The King in the North

Bill Gates is trying to control me. You say that while on Facebook, who have leaked private data to the government.

You're already recorded now, every day, the clbanks know what you've bought, where, when, and the thosuand cameras recording your car, you in the shops, on busses, trains, they know where you are, they don't need a little microchip.

Reactions: 19

Justhereforthebants

I’m friends with a girl on Facebook who is the ultimate CT, there’s is not one single CT that she doesn’t believe. It’s snowing here in England and she’s put up a video of her holding a lighter to a snowball and claiming this is not natural snow as it doesn’t melt 😅😩🤷🏻‍♀️.

• Haha
  • Wow

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Just to save threads being derailed this might be an interesting thread 😂

post your Facebook status and twitter posts that are making you steam with anger!!!

Keep any disagreements if they happen respectful and that’s that on that.

Its_Me

VIP Member
I read this article and it makes me really sad that people are hanging on to the Qanon pedophile conspiracy when there really is an untold number of children being abused out there by everyday people, we don’t even need to looks as far as the elite and underground roads used for trafficking or whatever it is they believe. It’s happening in our very own neighbourhoods by people we pass in the streets, and what are you doing about that? I genuinely think some people would rather ignore these hard facts because the fantasy story of it being something bigger is more exciting.

• Heart
  • Sad

FridaK

VIP Member
The one thing that has blown my mind from Covid deniers is that their main man Trump, caught Covid. As did Trump Jnr and Melania. So what is it he is lying about having Covid or was he lying saying that Covid wasn’t a threat. It certainly threatened him.
I’m not sure how red neck America works, but that’s some pretty low level of cognition to not even question it