Ant Middleton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are people's views on the recent scandals about him in the media? He was saying just now on GMB that he chose to leave of his own free will and wasn't sacked.

My personal opinion is that I don't see what he did wrong in his tweets. It was clear he was slamming the way the BLM protests AND EDL protests were going, not saying that the BLM movement was wrong as a movement.

I don't want to completely say the guy is perfect as he did assault quite badly the female police officer in 2013 and I don't see how he even got a career since that incident. But I agree with his comments said on GMB that the world is becoming pretty PC and health and safety measures being extreme, and it was hard and wrong in his eyes to do a scripted fake show when going in to the SAS is a serious dangerous un-PC world and not realistic. I also do think it's an insult to the military/SAS as a whole when soldiers have to do gruelling hard training and operations and they expect Ant to totally change the rules and training because it's not adhering to PC culture. I can totally see him saying he wanted to leave the show and Channel 4 spinning it to be they sacked him and he's the bad guy as it makes them look good for the PC culture. It's strange how he's filmed series since his BLM/EDL tweet and wasn't sacked then. In this case I can understand why he would be frustrated to suddenly be accused of being inappropriate with women when (unless I'm wrong) this has never been brought up before about him.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sorry but l watched it and l don't buy his bs. What about allegations of him making inappropriate comments to female colleagues?

Reactions: 10
Sorry but l watched it and l don't buy his bs. What about allegations of him making inappropriate comments to female colleagues?
Going off of what he said today, he said those allegations have only come out since he was sacked and was made up by channel 4 along with the narrative that they sacked him, not him choosing to leave.

He makes me cringe he's like an actionman come to life but a very nasty version Can't bear him

Going off of what he said today, he said those allegations have only come out since he was sacked and was made up by channel 4 along with the narrative that they sacked him, not him choosing to leave.
I don't believe him.

Reactions: 9
He's always given me wrong'un vibes. He has a huge ego and comes across as a narcissist.

He goes on about being a trained marine, but marine's are also meant to be highly disciplined and can keep their cool, rather than going around assaulting people.

If that were true he could absolutely sue. The fact he isn't speaks volumes.

Reactions: 7
Could have seen this coming a mile off. Hes always been a liability. He’s got a big fan base who I think will still support him though - buying his books and going to his talks. I think he will build himself a new career of the Katie Hopkins/Laurence Fox sort

Could have seen this coming a mile off. Hes always been a liability. He’s got a big fan base who I think will still support him though - buying his books and going to his talks. I think he will build himself a new career of the Katie Hopkins/Laurence Fox sort
God forbid but he will have a go

Reactions: 2
Total wanker, his posts in the early days of Covid were horrendously inappropriate. Glad he’s gone.

Reactions: 11
He's always given me wrong'un vibes. He has a huge ego and comes across as a narcissist.

He goes on about being a trained marine, but marine's are also meant to be highly disciplined and can keep their cool, rather than going around assaulting people.

If that were true he could absolutely sue. The fact he isn't speaks volumes.
That is true, it's strange how he hasn't sued over the allegations. I don't understand how he got a big career after how he attacked the police officers to be honest. As far as the tweeting on BLM/EDL, I'll be honest I don't see what he said wrong. But if he has spoken to female production team inappropriately then of course it's rightly so he was sacked and I hope the truth comes out of the woodwork by individuals over time as that's disgusting behaviour. I was more originally commenting on the BLM tweeting controversy as the media at first were making out he was sacked for controversial anti PC over that and other things, but now the inappropriate comments have come out also. I agree that if he said anything inappropriate to female production team then he should sue if he is truly innocent as otherwise his image will be rather tarnished now and it's a chance for him to show he genuinely didn't do anything wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I liked his homeless documentary but he always came off as a real twit on the SAS show.

There's definitely something amiss there within his personality.

Reactions: 4
I can’t bear him.

I was unlucky enough to attend one of his talks as my other half got tickets as a present last year and it was so, so preachy. Felt like saying ‘oh duck off mate’ and leaving after about 10 minutes 🤣

I’ve been keeping an eye on him for a while and fairly surprised it’s taken this long if I’m honest? His behaviour at the beginning of the pandemic was moronic and I kind of feel he should of been told to jog on then...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm very torn, there is a lot to like and his books are very good. In a culture where so many people seem to be going for the victim card and selfish indivualistic nature he talks alot of sense, but so do many military men.

I started to go off him when he made snarky comments about people climbing everest when he was there, can't remember exactly what he said but it was something like tourist's shouldn't be there and he somehow had more right. Then there were the covid comments which were irresponsible but to be fair at the time many more were saying similar as it was early on in the pandemic. The BLM stuff he also had a point in some respects, but again it's how you phrase things that matter. Words and phrasing matters.

Should people be fired for their opinions? Its a slippery slope, what if it was a left wing opinion and they were fired?

Also, the writing was on the wall when the show started firing people to get a more diverse team in. So it was a matter of time really.

I think he is a bit of a dick with an big ego, has/had anger issues, has no filter but has also done good and had a tough life. A complex character, but at the moment people don't seem to care about context, everything one extreme or the other.

Reactions: 6
His videos in the early days of covid had the potential to be very harmful and damaging. Telling people “not to be scared of covid” and “keep carrying on with life, keep going out etc”

Reactions: 5
Love SAS, I’ve read his book too which I liked but he’s coming across a right twit. Think he has a massive ego and loves the fame.

He has described himself as an alpha male today 🤦‍♂️ sorry but a real alpha male doesn't need to tell people they are. A lion is a lion, it doesn’t walk around telling everyone it is. It's so cringe and sad when men attempt to be what they perceive as an alpha male

Reactions: 13
I know people who are good friends with him and they’re cnuts so none of this surprises me.

Reactions: 6
Popbitch has this to say today:

Ant Middleton is blaming "the woke patrol" for Channel 4's decision not to work with him again, while Channel 4 blames his "personal conduct" – but who to believe?

One incident that sticks in the mind of those who worked with him is the time he left his entire crew on the side of Mount Everest for a few days while he took a private helicopter to a nearby luxury hotel spa in Namche Bazaar where he got hammered on cocktails for days on end before flying back to join them for the final leg.

The incident might not have rankled quite so much if, on the day he left his crew behind at basecamp, someone back in the UK hadn't sent out a tweet on the official Ant Middleton Twitter feed to plug his book that read: "Always remember you're a leader not a follower! If you separate yourself from the group, you won't win trust."

But mostly what pissed them off was that, when he did return, rather than show the slightest hint of humility, he just kept endlessly bragging to everyone about his 'stinky cock'.
Also, the one and only time I came in close contact with the SBS they went out on the town and totally wrecked the accommodation when they returned. Females were billeted on the other side of the block along with officers so we never heard a thing but, when I asked the senior male junior rate why he didn't make his authority felt, he pointed out that they were drunk and knew more ways of inflicting pain than he did so they all just stayed in their beds quietly out of the way while the rampage continued.

Reactions: 5