Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mee43

VIP Member
I hate the notion of 360 feedback. Sorry but I’m not helping the managers write their appraisals. Maybe if they got to know their staff, instead of barely managing a good morning/goodnight, they wouldn’t have to ask others to tell them what their team is like!

Reactions: 10

DA Stella

Chatty Member
Yep, and they start with “I know you’ve only just got in”. Then leave me alone!
One time I had three different people come at me all at once when I had just walked in the front door. They were literally lined up. I told them I appreciated the welcome committee but I would at least like to put my purse, lunch cooler and car keys down before I start working.

• Heart

KindnessWins

I hate when I get all dressed to go into the office for a meeting and the host decides last minute to change it to Teams!!!

ehh excuse me!! I have just got fully dressed and put make up on and wasted petrol to come here and YOU CHANGE IT TO TEAMS🤬😡

DA Stella

Chatty Member
This isn't annoying, it's more kind of weird.
In the ladies restroom there is a tray with things like feminine hygiene products set out (which I'm sure have come in handy). But there are other things like dry shampoo, hair gel, perfume samples and, weirdest of all, lipsticks! Like, who is going to want to use a lipstick that other women have been using?? Weird, gross, unsanitary. But I guess whoever put them there had good intentions.

mee43

VIP Member
I’ve posted before about the sicknotes on my team, but people who take a couple of extra days either side of a holiday weekend by calling in sick really irritate me.
It’s always the same culprits and I get that they probably think they don’t owe the bosses anything, but it’s the selfishness of leaving colleagues to deal with all the excess work that annoys me.
And then the added annoyance of a boss who has to micromanage how we take up the slack rather than trusting the few of us who are in to get on with it and get it done, which we always do.

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member
Ive got an interview lined up this week and they've asked me to bring an object that I think represents me 🙄

Apparently it's so that they can get to know me as a person.

• Haha
  • Wow

TheGlossy

VIP Member
A quick follow up on my issue from last week.

My previous manager apparently spoke pretty badly to my current manager who takes no BS from anyone and ended up escalating the matter to my previous manager’s manager who apologized for his report’s attitude.

My current manager is multiple levels above my previous manager who is at the same level as me and still thought he could enforce his authority (or lack thereof).

petitspois

VIP Member
Thank you so much for the kind words & support. I really don’t have anyone to talk to about this, so it means a lot ❤

Honestly, how many times did I attend a presentation and couldn’t even recollect the face afterwards of the presenter because the focus is on the presentation, not the speaker.

It’s really sad because I’m always going to link this huge personal milestone with her drama.

I agree that I’ve had my fair share of grief with this company. Changing teams just
caused me to go from one issue to another. I’m not interested in this company anymore.
Previous posters have given great advice so all I’ll add is something I’ve said before. I worked in a horrendous environment about 20 years ago and got a new job. Once everything was signed and sealed I made a point of telling a bullying bitch from hell to fuck off on my last day. The euphoria I felt was off the charts. I strongly recommend this.

• Heart

BearOnChair

Not so much an annoyance, but a question. Can someone remain off sick indefinitely?
My dad was off sick indefinitely when he had cancer. They kept him on when he was never going to go back so his partner could keep the benefits after he passed. It was over 2 years in the end.

• Heart

petitspois

VIP Member
Not sure if bosses love it. It’s mainly because a lot of companies had hiring sprees during the pandemic and don’t have enough desks.
In my experience bosses love it as it sounds modern and flexible (sorry, agile) but it doesn’t effect them as they have their own office.

newaccount2022

Chatty Member
There does come a point where it becomes a bio hazard for those around you. There's someone who shops at the same time as I do each week in the supermarket. You can tell they are there because you can smell this vinegary BO in the air, like a dense fog. I actually hold my breath. I move to the next aisle, and yep, there they are. I really ought to go at a later time.
On the (random) topic of vinegary BO. I used to work in a corner shop and this man used to come in every day and dear lord he smelled like he lived underwater with the fish. We eventually figured out it was a mixture of tobacco smoke and the fact that he wore the same jacket every day and got fish & chips with salt and vinegar from the same local takeaway every 2nd night. He’d pack the brown bag into the inside pocket of his jacket which he never washed. We all called him Mr Fishodour.

• Sick

Heyguysswipeup

VIP Member
say how ‘naughty’ they are for eating chocolates/ biscuits/cakes. I work in a GP practice and one of the nurses finished an 8 week gym challenge a few weeks ago where she lost 7kg and was on a strict diet.. we get sent lots of chocolates and cakes this time of year from patients and clients etc and the first thing she does when she comes in is ‘complain’ how much bad stuff there is as it’s a temptation to her and then proceeds to eat it.. she was eating cake at 8.30am last week on the sly when I walked in and saw her. I wouldn’t normally care but she keeps yapping on about how she shouldn’t be eating it etc.. just eat the goddamn cake and don’t cause a fuss!!

• Haha

MagpieTree

We've got the Authenticator coming in over the next two weeks. I refuse to use my personal mobile for anything work related, think it's so cheeky to expect it of us all! If they want me to use a mobile phone for something, then they should provide me with one.

no-no

VIP Member
I hate when bosses don’t maintain a professional front. Mine is not holding back slagging off a teammate. If they say it to you they’ll say it about you or however the saying goes.
——
And just like that, sulking colleague has a promotion. You could be the best thing since sliced bread but rewarding petulant behaviour is a 🚩 for me. Will brush up on my skills, milk what I can and check out 👋🏻

TheGlossy

VIP Member
Useless meetings at 9.30am. After I logged off yesterday, someone scheduled a meeting for 9.30am today. I only got the invite when I logged in. It was a 30 minutes call.

I joined the call and it was 10 minutes of the other attendees fixing their audio issues. After 3 minutes of their “can you hear me” between the two of them, I said “I’ll drop off guys, let me know once you’ve sorted your issues and I’ll join again”. I could hear both of them but they couldn’t hear each other - I honestly don’t have time to sit around and watch people play with their headsets for 10 minutes (which is exactly how long it took for the two of them to sort it out).

20 minutes reiterating items we had already discussed offline twice.

What is the point, really?

Last edited:

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Colleagues who conduct long and LOUD telephone calls in and pen plan office - especially when it’s relatively quiet and everyone’s clearly trying to concentrate. Nobody wants to hear your hour-long, one-sided conversation, go and find a meeting room and let everyone else get on!
---
Colleagues who conduct long and LOUD telephone calls in and pen plan office - especially when it’s relatively quiet and everyone’s clearly trying to concentrate. Nobody wants to hear your hour-long, one-sided conversation, go and find a meeting room and let everyone else get on!
I meant ‘open plan’ … bloomin’ autocorrect!

Last edited:
  • Haha

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
This is why I take a big backpack in every day and have to lug things back home. If you leave stuff on your desk it goes missing. For example, at my place if you left a multipack of chocolate bars on your desk to get you through the the month, if left partially open people would take one! It's not on the communal "cake" shelf that we have near the printer. Same if you bring your own stationery like memo blocks, they get depleted. I don't understand people taking stuff from peoples desks or drawers. We do have draws but we don't have locks. My colleague opposite me was on leave for 3 weeks recently, and has a bag of sugar in his drawer, for adding to his coffee. The amount of people I saw going in, taking the sugar bag with them to the kitchen and then coming back with it, while he was off! Just because he let you have sugar once when you forgot yours doesn't mean you can use it daily when he's not there . Buy your own!

I don't leave my cup at work any more after a chain smoker took mine and was using it. It had my initial on it, it's not like it was a communal plain one from the kitchen 😂🙃Now I just take a coffee flask tumbler thing and take it home to wash.

It might sound petty to some but I don't like people touching/taking my stuff.
Honestly this is the most annoying thing. I WFH now but in a job i had about 4 yrs ago people would just help themselves to whatever was in your drawer. One guy actually broke the lock on my drawer to get into it when I was off on holidays. He took a mug shot, crisps and a can of diet coke. He just found it funny that he had done this.
If you left food or a drink in the fridge you pretty much had to hide it at the back and under everyone else's as people would go in and take it! pure tramps.
One day I went into work to find someone using my cup and my pen, they had my pen in their mouth :sick:

• Wow
  • Sick

TheGlossy

VIP Member
Managers who blatantly promote the ‘Golden Child’ practice and who find a reason to praise the same person at every meeting.

TheGlossy

VIP Member
I’m about to lose my cool because of one coworker today.

1. We had a meeting scheduled for 10am and they moved it to 11am. Fine, no worries.
2. Then, they moved it again to 12pm. Ok.
3. 5 minutes before said meeting, they say they need to move it again to 3pm because they need to catch-up with someone else. Ok.
4. Now, 3pm rolls around and they just pinged me saying they’re running late from some external appointment and they might need to move this meeting again.

Complete lack of consideration for me time because I’m WFH today and I haven’t been able to sort my day properly or even go for a walk because of this.

• Angry
  • Wow

petitspois

VIP Member
You’d swear he had to buy it himself out of his own money with no hope of being reimbursed ever 😒 that’s insane.
Our IT support guys can be like that. They treat us like we are absolute knuckle draggers when we don't know details about IT (which is the whole reason they have a job!) yet overlook the fact they are all sad fucks with zero social skills.

• Haha