Anna Bey - School of Affluence

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m all for grace, etiquette and femininity. But marrying for money is hardly classy is it? My partner says she looks like a brass

Reactions: 12
Because she’s blonde and “pretty” she appeals to these desperate women who think she holds all the secrets to life. I’m fairly sure that no “elegant lady” will be making her living selling what is essentially a gold digging course.

Reactions: 13
I think she has got her image and marketing right, and that's how she is making her money. Most men with serious money would not have their gfs making her sort of videos in youtube and they know how to look out for women after money. Some of the women that seem to be doing her courses are from poorer countries or maybe just naive.

Reactions: 9
I don’t understand the message she’s preaching to be honest. She believe men should take care of women and women shouldn’t pay bills, cook, clean etc. But she says women are too busy taking care of themselves and pleasing the man. Why should a man take care of a woman just to have her look pretty next to him?

I’m all for grace, etiquette and femininity. But marrying for money is hardly classy is it? My partner says she looks like a brass
No, not classy at all. I want someone who's got the same level of education, similar interests and a little ambition. That will guarantee a certain level of wealth, but it's pretty similar to what you'd expect from me and so wealth isn't a primary concern.

My ex hated me posting anything at all on social media and he would 100% have dropped me if I'd been a gold digger. There are places where bankers go purely to spot gold diggers and equally fake men, who will tell them that they're wearing a Rolex and work at Goldman when in reality they're in an administrative role at best and their watch is a fake.
I think her message atm is just to throw the most controversial and negative messages at a wall and see what sticks.

Reactions: 8
The fake Rolex made me laugh so much it’s very easy to put out the image these days. Champagne lifestyle on lemonade wage.

Reactions: 10
I remember seeing a hand lol. He was tanned. Is he supposedly Swiss or British?
He's Lebanese, they've been together for 4/5 years now. She said once that he is also self-made and is hard working. I wonder if Anna has ever visited Lebanon with him

Reactions: 6
There are few things less elegant right now than traveling to a foreign country in the midst of a pandemic, going out clubbing, going back home and then going for a road trip through another country while not even paying lip service to social distancing. I appreciate that the tourist industry is in need, hence why the borders are opening up, but restrictions were removed so that people could travel again to see their loved ones, for business and for their summer holiday. The jet setters were accused of propagating the virus in the first wave and those who travel now to party and meet with people across the continent and then promote it in social media in their capacity as an influencer are either incorrigibly ignorant or virulent.

Reactions: 11
She comes across as so aggressive and negative. If I were going to take lessons about etiquette from anyone, it would be my grandmother, who went to finishing school in the 1940s and looks very regal and elegant to this day
I wonder what your grandma would think about Anna lol.

Preach. She mentioned in her Ig stories that she was surprised that she had to wear masks in Italy because she didn't have to in Switzerland. Like seriously??? Italy was one of the most severely affected countries and if she read the news every once in a while, she'd understand why wearing a mask is important. All her Ig stories show her maskless (I suppose masks are only mandatory indoors). She should understand that she can influence her large following and encourage them to wear a mask. While wearing a mask might not be super cute, being considerate of the health and wellbeing of everyone around you is very "elegant".

Granny gave me an earful for starting a relationship with an aristocrat, even though I didn't know who he was until a few months down the line (he's from a different albeit European country) so I doubt that she'd like Anna! Granny is more interested in how I vote and what my career will be like.

Health is one of thehe foundation of etiquette and elegance. Even things like the correct way to put on and take off gloves or how to walk with a man in the street are linked to health and safety.

Reactions: 5
Lol if Anna read the news, she doesn't. She once said in a story that she doesn't like hearing of all the negative things so doesn't watch the news anymore. She said her partner would just summarise what is in the news for her sometimes.
How elegant, a woman not interested in keeping up with world affairs.

She’s so hypocritical. I was watching one of the women who has done the course last week. She said that one of Anna’s tips is to keep informed of current affairs so they are ready to chat to wealthy men about any topic.

A lot of people dislike her because she says there’s nothing wrong with marrying for money. But I don’t see anything wrong with it.

I’ve dated older men myself who have money when I was a bit younger. And if they’re happy to give you a lavish lifestyle, then I don’t see the problem.

Thing is with me, I don’t tell people. It’s no one else’s business at the end of the day.

And I actually like how she tells women to polish themselves up because I like her style. It’s mature, fresh, not scruffy. Women I see out and about, depending on your lifestyle and work schedule, mostly the students and teen girls just look rough.

But if you are aiming for a woman with cash she isn’t wrong. You need to look your best. Hopefully go for a man who looks his best too if possible. But if you’re going to work dos with him or trips and whatnot for business then you’re probably will be mingling with a pile or snots. So I can see what she’s on about.

It’s narcissistic to most but let’s be honest, a good body goes a long way.

My issue with her is that she tries to make out that what she's doing is some groundbreaking feminist concept or that feminism has ruined women's lives because most women who work aren't financially provided for by a man.

This article is a good summary of what my issues are with Anna: http://dbagdating.com/2019/09/can-gold-digging-be-feminist.html

Aside from that, she lied about her past, skipped out the bit where she was on Hotel Paradise Sverige and also changed her name. I have less of an issue with her changing her name, as that's probably to protect her family. "Aija" also isn't as easy to pronounce as Anna to someone who's perhaps unfamiliar with Eastern European names.

Reactions: 4
I just found that her name was still Aija on the show! Fair enough changing it to Anna but what’s with the obviously fake surname. She could’ve at least changed it to something more believable

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Sorry long post
I actually really liked her to begin with; I’m in a relationship so didn’t look to her for advice on marrying rich but more so for what sorts of fabrics/lesser known designers that are really good quality. There is so so much tea on Lipstick Alley and Guru Gossip, however the latter is so fucking slow I can never access it anymore. It really opened my eyes that what she is selling is pretty much all smoke and mirrors.

Like others have mentioned, she was on a reality dating show in her early 20s, kind of like Ex on the Beach/Love Island, and also featured on a cringey song. There’s load of old pics of her under the name Aija Darling if you dig deep enough, some old friends’ blogs have them and she looks so so trashy. Really cringy pics posing in clubs etc. Nothing wrong with it but you can see how much she’s forced herself to have a new persona that it makes me question how much of her is genuine. I think deep down she would still love to go out and get trashed and lounges around when home alone like a slob, you know like actual normal people People on the other forums dug a bit and it’s likely she changed her name and moved countries so she could reinvent this new rich elegant persona without anyone knowing or finding her other stuff. But obviously, it gets out in this day and age.

In regards to her partner, there’s loads of rumours that it’s more of an arrangement instead of a proper relationship, and that he cheats/is gay (idk if I believe this bit, but do find it strange that she’s selling this “I’ve bagged this rich man” when they’re not even engaged let alone married and tied down. She rents in a not that great area of Geneva, and the backgrounds she films her videos in isn’t her actual place, it’s often at hotels. Which begs the question, surely if you’ve finally met a rich guy who funds your flat, it would be nice enough to film in? Or maybe it’s because she’s trying to project an image that isn’t really there?

Don’t get me wrong, he’s a banker and she’s made a lot off women taking her word as gospel so they’re still going to be living nicely, but I really don’t believe that her partner or herself are as high up as she wants people to think. She’s also got a name for herself now, and honestly, what man in high society would willingly introduce her to his other respected colleagues and family, all of them knowing that she teaches women how to hacks on effectively changing yourself to get in with the rich? That would be seen as crass and never ever accepted in the circles she wants to actually be in. I would be a bit embarrassed, so maybe he doesn’t want to be all over her instagram (obviously just speculating but maybe it’s not her choice and rather his).

The old fuddy clothes also make me think that she isn’t in high society circles either; she’s just read and studied what she thinks is high society when in reality that’s what middle aged women wear. If you look at the likes of old money people in their 20s/30s a lot of them are still conservative but trendy, which she isn’t. A lot of people have claimed all of her info on her youtube and courses are effectively regurgitated from books that are already available too, making me think this further. I do like her in some ways, but wish she would be more honest.

Reactions: 18
She's actually engaged now! I think she said she's been engaged for some time, but didn't want to make it public until now. It was kinda suspicious though because it coincided with the launch of her new course. It makes me question if she did it on purpose to bring attention to her and the course and so people would be under the impression that what she teaches works as she successfully bagged a man.

Some on Guru Gossip is friends with members of the high society of Geneva and when they asked their friends about Anna, they said they never heard of her.

Reactions: 8
After I posted I realised that she’d announced it but I’m just as dubious too, if you look at photos she’s not wearing a ring up until maybe in the last fortnight if that, even before she announced it. If she’s been engaged for a while it’s a bit of an effort to keep faffing taking it off for everything to hide it, and then all of a sudden now that people are moaning she’s surprise surprise got it out on show. After all the stuff she said about announcing engagements as being tacky too, I just think it’s a bit hypocritical again, like a lot of things she does. I mean if she’s genuinely engaged then good for her, but if you’re wanting to show off then admit it!

I think she’s popped up on the other forums before so wouldn’t be surprised if she has google alerts on herself, and has already seen this thread too. When people mention some obvious flaw in what she spouts or does there’s always suddenly an explanation on her channel, like her building being worked on and noisy and that’s why she films in the Four Seasons...but she’s filmed in there ever since she arrived in Geneva, so calling bull on that too.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.