Alternatives to the pill

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree. Til recently I was on microgynon and did some reading up on it. The 7 day break was apparently invented when the pill first came out to make women feel at ease. It’s not necessary and doctors are now recommending 3-4 days. I also used to skip the break regularly for 3 months at a time with a break in between. Was great because no periods. However my mood was terrible and sex drive so low that I am going to give my body a break and use condoms for a while before we look to start a family in the next two years 🤞🏼
Yea she said if you skip the 7 day break you will get the occasional spotting every now and then and when it does happen just have a break for 4 days and then go back on

Reactions: 1
I agree. Til recently I was on microgynon and did some reading up on it. The 7 day break was apparently invented when the pill first came out to make women feel at ease. It’s not necessary and doctors are now recommending 3-4 days. I also used to skip the break regularly for 3 months at a time with a break in between. Was great because no periods. However my mood was terrible and sex drive so low that I am going to give my body a break and use condoms for a while before we look to start a family in the next two years 🤞🏼
I take regividon for three months without a break then have a 1 week break on my doctors order due to a health issue I have. I have to admit by the third month I’ve practically no sex drive at all. I have 0 desire at all to do it 😑 soon comes back once I have the week break though mind 🤣

I was on the pill for nearly 12 years, tried the implant in my arm which was a disaster. I then after much research decided to avoid hormonal contraception. I'm married and we have been having kids for the last 7 years , and I've only gotten pregnant when I was actively trying. I'm finished having kids now and nervous as to continuing with this method. I am pretty adamant though that hormonal contraception is not in my future. It had such an impact on me looking back, even though I technically tolerated it well or so I though at the time. I think it has its place, for example when getting pregnant would be a disaster, but I think long term it is an unfair expectation to put on women. So irritating there is no alternative for men.

I switched from the pill to the mirena 15 years ago, never looked back, love it, this last one is going to the grave with me as I'm pretty sure I'm post menopausal

We are just using condoms and have done for the past 18 months. I'm convinced the combined pill gave me PCOS and I really don't want any hormones in my body. Also my periods are much lighter and less painful off the pill 🤷‍♀️