Alivia D’Andrea

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some thoughts on E2
-If she isn't working with Steve then she did no research into getting herself a personal trainer/nutritionist beyond googling 'pt la skinny celebrity' or watching those Buzzfeed/Gabbie Hanna videos (I forget which one is the qualified one in the US? Nutritionist or Dietitian?)

- I think she isn't going to break this gain/lose cycle any time soon and we should not be glorifying this. This is what women who do things like weight watchers, slimming world and other fad/crash diets do. It's unhealthy and it needs to stop.

- Some of the rules Steve gave her are super questionable. RICE IS GOOD IT IS A SOURCE OF CARBS YOU NEED FOR ENERGY AND EASY TO DIGEST. Stop the demonisation of carbs 2021

- "how I rewired my brain not to want sugar" ugh I just know that'll be bad when she releases that video - She just wants to be skinny, that's what all of this is about and all her fans are just enabling her in this desire to be small, but like I said she's just going to keep going round in circles

- I'm not quite educated enough, but a lot of what Steve is saying sounds like BS- things about eating certain things to get into the fat burning zone? - Steve is talking about abs: abs are only visible at low body fat, even if you train them 7 days a week if you carry fat on your stomach you will not see them. It is incredibly dangerous for the majority of women to get to a body fat low enough to have 24/7 visible abs

- "your body gets bored" no your body gets used to it. That's why progressive overload is important in your training. When gyms are open I squat/deadlift 3x a week at least, always to a certain percentage of my max lifts, increasing volume or weight dependent on what my coach tells me. You can get results doing the same thing, but you need to push yourself to improve.

- "what you're eating turns to fat" apparently you magically create body fat when you undereat- this is bullshit. Your body does not just "turn things" to fat. Fat cells exist in your body and grow and shrink based on calorie intake.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
That video made me really uncomfortable, the way Steve says things as if they’re absolute fact when they’re not. I actually tried to find some scientific papers about insulin and “fat burning zone” I couldn’t find anything to support what he was saying. I did find an article by a doctor saying the link between insulin spikes and weight loss was unproven and ineffective though. I mean, it’s what insulin is there for, it’s produced to breakdown food. Also, as everyone has said before, I think she really needs professional help. The cost of Steve probably would have been better spent on a registered dietician to address her ED and establish healthy long term habits. A lot of dieticians agree that demonising foods as “good” or “bad” triggers binge eating disorders, and she seems to do this a lot.
Also, regarding Steve’s program, for me a “triangle” shaped person, he recxomds 45-50 minutes of cardio 3-6 days a week. ON TOP of weight lifting. That’s some serious exercise. I can only imagine that much over exercising would cause injuries. Not to mention I could never sustain that for a prolonged period of time.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Lol at how defensive she gets in I don't know which youtube "community post" in a row since the last video. She's saying that people basically don't have the right to voice their opposing opinions because it is her life and her story. It might be her story (which she has completely messed up with the division in "seasons" that makes no sense anymore), but it is in no way her "real" life.

She films and edits the things that she chooses. She chooses to film herself working out to exhaustion and she chooses to film herself eating. She chooses the camera angles and stops whatever she is doing to at least check if the camera is still on and so on.

How could she possibly stop "binge eating" if she needs the footage? Or, alternatively, if she truly wants to stop and feels compelled to eat even with the filming and planning her "glowup", that's like an actual mental disorder short of needing hospitalization.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I only watched the first episode but that was enough. The video was nearly 40 minutes long and all I can remember is her talking about how she wants to be STRONG and not weak! It‘s not the end of the world to admit that you‘re having a hard time. It doesn‘t make you weak. It makes you human. Honestly, watching the video made me feel weird and I don‘t struggle with an ED. Constantly listening to her made me feel bad about myself a tiny bit. The way her family talked to her is truly awful. „You have so much potential but you cover it up with glasses and greasy hair.“ something along those lines was said by her sister. That‘s just awful. It‘s also really odd to me that she gets extremely defensive in her community postings. I get it, you‘re young and hearing a hundred times over that people don‘t agree with you and think you have an issue is hard. But Alivia isn‘t accomplishing anything with her responses!

I've reported the video to youtube for harmful content tbh. Not only is it full of misinformation, the framing of her ED as a "weakness" is incredibly damaging

Obesetobeast posted a video about Alivia. Haven‘t watched it yet because it‘s 40 minutes long. Based off of the title I assume he will heavily critique her

Obesetobeast posted a video about Alivia. Haven‘t watched it yet because it‘s 40 minutes long. Based off of the title I assume he will heavily critique her
It's not that he's criticising her as a person, he criticises the misinformation and triggering content. He even gave a trigger warning before he properly began, which she is still refusing to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m concerned about the message she is portraying to her followers, she has such a huge following and a lot of them are so young. :(

I bet within a year she will be back at square one with her weight again.

Is it just me, or does Alivia's new video not have any of the concerned comments? It's the same on her Instagram. Is she deleting them now?

What did everyone think of episode 3? I didn't think it was as bad as the first two episodes, but there were still moments I can imagine being incredibly triggering for those with EDs.

I am also not the biggest fan of David Goggins. Aspects of his mindset can be used positively, but I am not convinced it leads to a loving, compassionate and caring mindset towards the self or others.

It seems like she’s just swapped from food as a form of self harm to exercise. Obviously I don’t know what goes on in her life but from what comes across in the videos, I feel that therapy could help her tackle the root issue rather than ‘fixing’ it with weight loss and fitness.

I’m concerned about the message she is portraying to her followers, she has such a huge following and a lot of them are so young. :(

I bet within a year she will be back at square one with her weight again.
I agree, she reminds me of women I've known who just constantly do cycles of weight watchers/slimming world etc- they lose the weight from restricting and putting super harsh rules around food and labelling foods as "good" and "bad" and then pile the weight back on the minute they stop going to the meetings/doing the diet.

The start of the latest Glow Up episode rubbed me the wrong way. The whole point is that it’s supposed to be her glow up (not anyone else’s) and her practising self-talk, so the lecture about using ‘not having money’ as an excuse felt out of place. Also when she said she didn’t have a home gym either but later showed herself running on the treadmill in her bedroom and swimming in the family pool. There’s nothing wrong with being wealthy, but she’s deluded if she can’t see that she is privileged. Yet she thinks people in worse situations are at an advantage.

I only recently discovered her and there are things I like. The Glow Up Diaries is a cool idea, and I like the way she edits her videos. I can empathise with her struggles and how her journey isn’t straightforward. She seems to have deeper issues than she’s willing to admit, and her family don’t appear to be very helpful. But seeing her go from one extreme to the next (binge eating to overexercising(?) ) is uncomfortable. She seems very sensitive to criticism and sheltered too. Was surprised to see she’d been doing YouTube for years.

Attachments

I only watched a bits of her videos cause they're bleeping long but gosh what a trainwreck. At this point I have no idea what is going on anymore. She definitely needs help but help of a professional instead of that weirdo guy.
Also she's an example that these deep videos with wanna be inspirational voice overs are a total bullshit cause there is a total trainwreck behind them. I still wish her well tho just hoping it won't trigger anyone who sees her videos by mistake.

I don‘t understand her apologies. A few times she ended it with „I just came back to Youtube and have a lot to learn.“ Did she not consume any kind of media in this time? I don‘t get it. It seems like such a lazy way out to me that doesn‘t even work

Anyone see Alivia's latest stories?

The need for external validation is something I totally sympathise with and understand. There's something about Alivia outright requesting it - particularly in conjunction with the artwork - that breaks my heart. When you do creative work, you have to accept a lot of people aren't going to like what you do or agree with your messaging. Sometimes it's a difference of opinion that you can't do much about, other times it's useful feedback you can actually use and should act on. E.g. even if she doesn't want to change her perspective, Alivia could incorporate trigger warnings into her videos.

I really do think influencing is a very unhealthy career path if you don't have appropriate mental health support. Aside from the trauma of receiving genuine hate messages and death threats, the amount of feedback on social media is incredibly overwhelming, and I think this is why so many influencers end up regarding even constructive feedback as "hate" or "negativity". I get a lot of feedback on my work, but I don't get it from thousands of people through instant comments and messages on multiple platforms. Configuring healthy filtering systems is not an easy task for anyone, but it's essential if influencers are to be simultaneously socially responsible and not overwhelmed.

I also imagine Alivia receives a lot of creepy messages from men, especially after announcing the concept for a dating series. I really, really hope she drops the idea for the sake of her mental and physical safety.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Anyone see Alivia's latest stories?

The need for external validation is something I totally sympathise with and understand. There's something about Alivia outright requesting it - particularly in conjunction with the artwork - that breaks my heart. When you do creative work, you have to accept a lot of people aren't going to like what you do or agree with your messaging. Sometimes it's a difference of opinion that you can't do much about, other times it's useful feedback you can actually use and should act on. E.g. even if she doesn't want to change her perspective, Alivia could incorporate trigger warnings into her videos.

I really do think influencing is a very unhealthy career path if you don't have appropriate mental health support. Aside from the trauma of receiving genuine hate messages and death threats, the amount of feedback on social media is incredibly overwhelming, and I think this is why so many influencers end up regarding even constructive feedback as "hate" or "negativity". I get a lot of feedback on my work, but I don't get it from thousands of people through instant comments and messages on multiple platforms. Configuring healthy filtering systems is not an easy task for anyone, but it's essential if influencers are to be simultaneously socially responsible and not overwhelmed.

I also imagine Alivia receives a lot of creepy messages from men, especially after announcing the concept for a dating series. I really, really hope she drops the idea for the sake of her mental and physical safety.
She didn’t change, she didn’t fix the root of the problem, she just lost weight. *sigh*

• Sad
Has anyone watched the new video? She responds to "everything" in it.
What she actually does is deflect and manipulate her audience once again saying "I love you guys! Your positive comments are my drive".
No offense but you have such a big following, of course people will say you changed their life when you didn't, they're still on the couch eating ice cream and feeling like tit. Just because someone writes you a paragraph doesn't mean tit, you don't see that persons life and tbh your message of just be strong and you can do anything is not new or revolutionary.
This has just solidified the fact to me that this person has no self-awareness. I am her age as well and that doesn't excuse me promoting harmful things. Bye

• Haha
Reactions: 2